Do We Need Deco.

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Now we have Essien back and Mikel playing somewhat ok. Do we really need Deco.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good player and a bargain buy for us, and at the start of the season he looked like he was going to be a fantastic signing but ever since he has gone of the boil.

With Essien back and Joe Cole who hopefully will soon be back, and even maybe getting Quaresma on a permanent deal from Inter. I don't think he will fit in.

What do you think?

Probably irrelevant as it looks like he may not be playing again this season anyway.

Not sure about getitng Joe back soon - last I heard this season was written off for him.

I don't really know...

We have an abundance of midfielders in our squad, with Belletti able to play there too, and we usually play with 3 in the midfield which is looking like settling on Ballack, Essien and Lampard. We have Mikel and Belletti for cover then too. But on the downside, those two are the only recognisable cover. If we have an injury crisis and the 3 main one's get injured, what do we do then? Call up Lee Sawyer? Actually use Mineiro?

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh

I don't really know...

We have an abundance of midfielders in our squad, with Belletti able to play there too, and we usually play with 3 in the midfield which is looking like settling on Ballack, Essien and Lampard

If we have an injury crisis and the 3 main one's get injured, what do we do then? Call up Lee Sawyer? Actually use Mineiro?

Bizarre estimates I must admit and Deco won't agree to wait and to pray while all 3 should be injured.

C'mon man )))

I would say yes and no.

Deco is the kind of midfielder who can do the unexpected and he has some skills none other have.

The problem is that he hasn't played well and hasn't been the kind of player we expect.

So if Deco could play at the level we know he's able to then I think he's a good player to have. If not, then we have better alternatives.

On the other hand, there are other players out there who are younger and have more or less the same important individual skills as Deco that we can buy.

I think we do- if not him then someone who can create from midfield...

but I think he has a lot to offer, and that he would improve with a second season but injuries have clearly impacted on his form and he's had a lot of niggly ones this season, and if that continues then he won't be much use.

he is a great footballer, and a creative one, personally think we need more quality creative players. so many questions can only be answered once we know who is managing us next season.

Like a few palyers we have signed in recent memory, he once was a brilliant player, but now he's a bit of a luxury. Do we need him? No. Is it nice to have him around, when fit, as an option to create from the midfield...yes. Will he be here next season? Doubtful

Deco was brilliant start of the season so there is no reason why he coudn't get that form back. It so often happens when player switches between leagues they might start like they have never made the move but then slowly lose their form because of many things. New country, new life, new club etc etc..

I think he will go back to Spain or even Portugal after this season. I think it is best for him and he wouldn't be such a huge loss. Without LFS it is easy for him to make that decision. I think he will go.

I would like us to form the heart of our midfield around Lampard and Essien and actually that will probably happen by itself. Ballack and Deco can leave end of the season IMO.

When we first signed Deco I was rather sceptical of what he would for us. When he scored that free kick in his first game (I believe) I really did think he may produce something special however, since then he hasn't done a lot so I believe it's time for him to go.

When we first signed Deco I was rather sceptical of what he would for us. When he scored that free kick in his first game (I believe) I really did think he may produce something special however, since then he hasn't done a lot so I believe it's time for him to go.

Sums it up for me. Reasons for initial scepticism include: motivation, fitness, age. Ok so being out injured hasn't helped, but he's not getting any younger.

In a nutshell, he was a Scolari signing who should follow Scolari out the door.