FA Cup Final, Chelsea vs Everton, 30th May

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

OK it is over a month away but why the hell not start the build up. The greatest domestic cup tournament in world football and we, unlike the boys from Surrey and the Gooners, take it seriously and rightly bloody so.

Delighted to see Everton in the final as Moyes has done one hell of a job at Everton with relatively limited resources and over an extended period of steady building. However all that aside lets take them apart boys!

Well done Everton!

David Moyes has done a fantastic job on limited resources, and he's built a good young hungry side.

It won't be an easy game, but should be a great final.

Football is the winner today, and I dont want to make any smartarse 'quintuple down the pan' comments so I won't.

Guest bigjockknew

Really glad Everton won. The Mancs have been bleating about team selection but they are all still Manure players and it was two senior players who blew it for them. Well done to Moyes both for getting there and taking the competition seriously. I hope we don't annhilate them in the final - 4 will do us.

I have to say something about the game between ManU and Everton. I only catched a few glimpses of the first 90 minutes, but watched most of the extra time and also saw the penalties and I have to say that from what I saw ManU didn't really seem to want to win. Everton fough hard and seemed to give it all to win this one. ManU didn't. And during the penalties most of the ManU players didn't seem 100% focused and concentrated. That's why they missed their first two (or was it the 2nd and 3rd?).

Chelsea have to watch out in the final because Everton - who usually don't win lots of trophies - will sacrifice an arm and a leg to win the game. We have to do the same. Both arms and both legs!

Very unlikely that he will come back for a FA Cup final - may as well take no chances and wait till next season.

I agree. Better wait and let him come back next season fully healed. I just hoped that he would be fully healed before the end of this season. Can't wait to have him back.

I have to say something about the game between ManU and Everton. I only catched a few glimpses of the first 90 minutes, but watched most of the extra time and also saw the penalties and I have to say that from what I saw ManU didn't really seem to want to win. Everton fough hard and seemed to give it all to win this one. ManU didn't. And during the penalties most of the ManU players didn't seem 100% focused and concentrated. That's why they missed their first two (or was it the 2nd and 3rd?).

Chelsea have to watch out in the final because Everton - who usually don't win lots of trophies - will sacrifice an arm and a leg to win the game. We have to do the same. Both arms and both legs!

It seemed pretty obvious from United's starting line-up how much they wanted to win this one. No Rooney, no Ronaldo, no Carrick, no Giggs, no Van der Sar. Just imagine the kind of stick we'd get if we sent out the B team for an FA Cup semi.

we have to think about out priorities as well. FA cup, CL and League all being done with the same 13 players (not including Mikel). Ballack is ageing and even Frank needs a rest to play at his best.

I hate saying this but there must be a temptation to take it easy in the leaque. We will just have to be at our best to beat Barca.

sh*te game but delighted for Everton and Moyes , makes Benitez look a right c**t dosent it , small club who have more support on merseyside than they do ...FACT.

Agree with Ozboy, we need to get priorities , it is difficult though , Arsenal beat Pool on Tues or a draw , we beat a tired Everton then were still very much in the title race and the way were playing , its not impossible .

Agree with Ozboy, we need to get priorities , it is difficult though , Arsenal beat Pool on Tues or a draw , we beat a tired Everton then were still very much in the title race and the way were playing , its not impossible .

I could see a case for fielding weakened teams if we were 30 points behind the leaders like Liverpool usually are, but why throw away a trophy we have a realistic chance of winning? I'd be pretty hacked off with Hiddink if he'd rested Lampard, Drogba and Essien on Saturday.

Resting players dosent always work, ask Ferguson or Benitez. With the belief running through the squad id be surprised any players would want to be rested. Were playing our best football all season under a manager who the players want to play for and i doubt Hiddink would want to upset the momento .Id be happy with the FA Cup as long as liverpool walk away from this season empty handed but im confident we can get to the CL Final and i have soo much confidence in the manager , his tactics and the players to cause a huge surprise . We have hit good form at a perfect time and im confident we can beat Barca away because id love to see how they handle the best centre forward in the world right now.

Balls to resting players! They can rest in the summer when the rest of us are still working!!

The players must be on a high given the way our season is turning around and I doubt any of them will want resting. Lampard has proved season after season that he has an engine the size of a barge and Essien certainly won't need resting. Drogba has only played half a season so he should be fine as well.

resting players sometimes works in the opposite way. look at villa, flying for most of the season then they rest players for the uefa cup game and basically threw the game because they wanted out of the competition. there season then fell apart. i would rather keep pretty much the same side constantly, maybe changing one or two at most to keep the consistency and team build.

At this point of the season resting players is not smart imo. When you are on winning ways and looking to lift a trophy you get som much adrenaline that it replaces the feeling of tiredness. The team can really gel at this point of season when players can smell the glory.

I think SAF took a huge risk on playing the second string. It cost him this time. Why risk FA-cup when the PL isn't sure and CL is not completed. ManU can still finish trophyless. There are not that many games left..

Would have been great to face ManU in the final instead of Everton but I think it will be a good final.

Really glad Everton won, I'm getting sick of playing United in cup finals. We will be clear favourites to win and should do comfortably if we play like we have been doing recently.

:lol:

Really glad Everton won, I'm getting sick of playing United in cup finals. We will be clear favourites to win and should do comfortably if we play like we have been doing recently.

:lol:

soryy Alan, your first sentence sounds slightly smug, no offence intended.

I'm not sure I wanted Everton to win (all though I think we have a better chance of beating them than Utd) but I am desperate for revenge for last year and would relish the chance of us beating them in any game, let alone a final which would be twice as sweet.

soryy Alan, your first sentence sounds slightly smug, no offence intended.

I'm not sure I wanted Everton to win (all though I think we have a better chance of beating them than Utd) but I am desperate for revenge for last year and would relish the chance of us beating them in any game, let alone a final which would be twice as sweet.

None taken.

We will of course have to be careful because Everton are a good side, but we will be expected to beat them.

As for playing United in another cup final, I think if we get past Barca it will be United we will face in Rome. Ronaldo & co should have no trouble beating Arsenal if they play like they did on Saturday.