Next permanent manager - who do you want?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would you like to be our next permanent manager?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. You can pick more than one, just so Hiddink doesn't have 100% of the votes :)

• David Moyes
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Frank Rijkaard
    • Gianfranco Zola / Steve Clarke
    • Guus Hiddink
    • Jose Mourinho
    • Mark Hughes
    • Martin Jol
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Slaven Bilic
    • Sven Eriksson
    • Ancelotti

Sorry for creating this topic, but there doesn't actually seem to be one running at the moment (the last was locked for some reason) and it's obviously an important topic.

For what it's worth, my preference would go something a little like this...

Hiddink - The obvious preference for our next permanent manager. The guy is absolute class, and a brilliant motivator/tactician.

Zola/Clarke - Doing an amazing job at West Ham with practically no resources and, imo, a rather poor squad. Will stay at West Ham unfortunately.

Jose - Sure people would hate us, and we'd go back to that horrible, 'boring' style of football, but he gets results and that's the most important thing. I find him very entertaining too, so nice bonus.

Martin Jol - Did a great job at Spurs (got them to finish 5th twice) and is currently doing an amazing job with Hamburg, would probably welcome a return to the EPL, and stepping up to a club like Chelsea.

David Moyes - Superb manager, but likely to stay at Everton I feel.

Edited by loz

Only Hiddink or Mourinho would be good enough.

And I'd prefer Hiddink out of the two.

It is amazing. I too was a committed Jose fan, but after 3 months of Guus I would prefer that we keep him too. I could not see myself ever picking another manager over Jose, but the sheer class of the Dutchman not to mention superior tactical nouse has swayed me.

What I don't understand is why anyone would want Bilic - surely if the Scolari era taught us nothing else it taught us that a man with limited or, in Bilic's case, no domestic experience is not a good plan!

I went with three different here.

Guus Hiddink - I want him to stay. He's been absolutely brilliant so far and my respect for him doubled after the game against Barcelona. I was very impressed how he behaved then. He would also probably make us a bit more popular.

Jose Mourinho - If we can't get Hiddink then I wouldn't mind getting Jose back. He did really well last time and he really is a personality unlike anyone else. We might go back to "boring" football (though I don't think it's that boring really) and his attitude might make the journalists in England drool, but I'd still take him. He is one of the best after all.

Gianfranco Zola & Steve Clark - I want those two at Chelsea, but not yet. If we can keep a manager for 5-6 years or so and then let him go, then I would go with Zola and Clarke. Give them some more time to get experience and to prove themselves (hopefully at a bigger team).

What I don't understand is why anyone would want Bilic - surely if the Scolari era taught us nothing else it taught us that a man with limited or, in Bilic's case, no domestic experience is not a good plan!

But Bilic is cool. He's the coolest manager out there. Every photo of him is cool. He makes every team he is at cool.

Oh and did I mention that he's cool?

B) :rock: :(

Interesting that 18 people have voted, yet Hiddink only has 16 - did the two people who missed him out do so because they figure others could do a better job, or are you just resigned to the fact he won't stay?

Mod/loz, sorry to be a pain, but could you add Ancelloti to the list please? He's the 'favourite' to take over, so it was really silly of me to forget about him on the list.

Cheers

I like Hiddink - he has done really well so far. I still want a manager who is going to grow the squad though. Maybe Hiddink for a few years and then Zola/Clarke once they have got a bit more experience together?

Wouldnt have Mourinho back. He won us cups and done his job well but wouldnt want to go back to the Mourinho way.

Moyes would be good but i dont think he would leave.

Sparky is interesting. I thought he would be really good and was looking at him as a replacement before Scolari but under Man City he just hasnt managed to sort some of the players out.

I would still like to see Rijkaard give it a go

I know what you mean, and I'd like someone younger too, as a long term prospect, but I feel the only people who'd fit that role are the ex Chelsea players for some reason, people who genuinely have an attachment to the club; Hughes, Zola, Clarke and Di Matteo.

Hiddink is still only 61 though, and if we could have 4 or 5 years with him until he retires, I'd be absolutely over the moon with that...

Voted for Jose, :( :rock: B) but if the bridges are well and truly broken

between him and RA, then I'd go for Zola or Bilic.

Bilic does worry me a bit though, not sure if he'd crack under

pressure.

Mez

It is amazing. I too was a committed Jose fan, but after 3 months of Guus I would prefer that we keep him too. I could not see myself ever picking another manager over Jose, but the sheer class of the Dutchman not to mention superior tactical nouse has swayed me.

How about a Guus and Jose double team?

On top of that does nobody remember what the cheating tw*t did to Laurent Blanc in that world cup semi-final? One of the worst cases of cheating I've ever seen.

Made out he'd been elbowed by Laurent Blanc, resulting in Blanc being sent off and being suspended from the WORLD CUP FINAL. tv replays clearly showed Blanc hadn't even touched him.

Blanc was not only a wonderful player, but a good guy and great ambassador for the game. He missed his only opportunity to play in a world cup final and also to captain his country in said final, due to that cheating b*****d Bilic and I for one would never want the c**t anywhere near our club.

oh but The Moos thinks he's cool.... Give me strength!!