Ancelotti's plans

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I looked around a bit but couldn't find a topic that quite covered this.

With the players being linked to Chelsea, players linked with moves away, what formation do you think we'll play?

Ancelotti played a sort of 4-3-1-2 formation with AC Milan, sometimes going for a 4-3-2-1 formation.

I can see it being sort of more along these lines, no matter how much I'd hate the lack of width.

Cech

Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Essien Mikel Lampard

Cole

Anelka Drogba

I'd much rather see some width being provided by someone other than the fullbacks, but that's the way Ancelotti played with AC Milan. So it looks the most likely. Possibly with Pato or Aguero coming in for Anelka.

If I had my way it'd be a bit more like this though.

Cech

Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Essien Lampard

Cole----------------------Zhirkov/Malouda

Pato/Aguero--------

Drogba

I think that could be an impressive line up. Could give us some width and actually make us a scary prospect for defenders. I'm just interested to see what you think we might play and what you'd like to see us play.

if he sticks with what he knows then it will be a flat back four with the full backs getting forward. 2 deep lying midfielders, one defensive one creative. one forward up front with an attacking midfielder behind and two wider attackers. so with the squad we have at the moment it will be something like...

cech

bossy jt alex ash

essien ballack

lamps

cole malouda

drogs

Much prefer Eggy's latter formation. Looks very, very good indeed.

Yeh but im not liking the idea of Joe Cole out wide, he has great dribbling skills so i think he could play behind one of the strikers or in a central role because tbh his crossing isnt to flash. Also going by recent articles it seems that Malouda is not been included in Ancelottis plans

Hmm, but it's getting less and less likely we're getting Zhirkov so he'll have to do, unless we get Robbo back, and Malouda will still get more games!

Hmm news to me ive always thought that Zhirkov was the best chance of joining us, nevertheless if Malouda continues his post Hiddink form, then he will no doubt be a great winger for us. Based on various articles he was offered to Barca, im quite sure that if a player is offered to a club, it means that his services are not needed

Carlotti's favourite formation is actually 4-2-3-1 which is similar to a certain fat spaniards favourite formation.

nah at milan it has always been 4 at the back with 3 central midfielders then either one player right behind two strikers, or two players behind one striker. the width always came from the fullbacks.

it might change here though- (on paper) we have more players that can play wide then behind the strikers.

Why is it getting less likely?

This is just my gut feeling, but all this talk about Zhirkov prefering to go to Barca, and that's it's peetered out since our Aguero/Pato/Villa/Tevez interests, it's gone under the radar a bit. That could be a good thing, letting us do a deal quickly with no possible hijacks, but I feel it's not going to happen.

This is just my gut feeling, but all this talk about Zhirkov prefering to go to Barca, and that's it's peetered out since our Aguero/Pato/Villa/Tevez interests, it's gone under the radar a bit. That could be a good thing, letting us do a deal quickly with no possible hijacks, but I feel it's not going to happen.

Trust me it will

Hopefully Carletto continues on what Hiddink have started so well. The 4-3-3 is almost a standard at Chelsea and thats what really works I think!

There's not much to change in the starter 11. The defense and midfield is good and we might need a player in the attack. Our signings should be under a certain age.

My suggestion:

In:

Pato

Zhrikov

Sessegnon

Turnbull/Begovic

Dzagoev

Promote:

Mancienne

Stoch

Bertrand

Cork

Sinclair

Sebek

Others who should get the chance:

Kakuta

Mellis

Tejera

Out:

Deco

Carvalho

Ferreira

Belletti(maybe)

Kalou(maybe)

Shevchencko

Pizzaro

Hilario

Di Santo(On loan)

Rajckovic(On loan)

Then our starter will look like this:

---------------Cech-----------

Bosingwa--Alex--Terry--Cole

Essien-----------Ballack/Mkel

-----------Lampard-----------

J.Cole-----------Pato/Zhirkov

--------Drogba/Anelka-------

With Pato as a winger we may consider selling Malouda and get Sturridge on free transfer.

Edited by A.T.E

With Pato as a winger we may consider selling Malouda and get Sturridge on free transfer.

I don't think Pato would like to be played on the wing, same as Aguero really. He's not an out and out striker, but he's not a winger either. He needs to be played off the striker. Maybe in a 4-1-3-2 formation like so:

.................................Cech

...Bosingwa..........Alex..........Terry..........A.Cole

.................................Essien

...J.Cole....................Lampard............Zhirkov/Malouda

..................Pato/Aguero/Anelka

..........................................Drogba

Possibly?

I have this distinct feeling that we've already completed our major transfers of the off-season: Aguero and Zhirkov, and they will be presented at the same time as Carlito on July 1st. The rest is all paper talk.

Cheers,

Butch

I don't think its right to look at how Carlo played Milan. He did favour a 4-2-3-1, but that shouldn't mean anything here. Good managers will always look to play their formation around the squad that they have.

If we sign Aguero/Pato/Villa, expect to see a 4-4-2. If we don't, which seems unlikely now, then a 4-3-3 will still be on the cards.

In a 4-4-2, we will probably have Drogba and Anelka/Aguero etc. up front. The centre of midfield will have Essien and Lampard with Essien holding to allow Lamps to get forward...something like the Fabregas-Flamini partnership. The rest is obvious.

I really don't see us playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1 if we sign Aguero etc. He'd be in the same situation as Anelka and I'm sure the management are smart enough not to ignore that problem. Even playing a 4-2-3-1 just wastes talent. A 4-3-2-1 formation with Anelka and Aguero playing behind Drogba would work, but we lose width...although Bos and Ashley are probably the best candidates in the world to solve that problem!!

Kalpitv:

We cannot even remember one of the best goalkeepers to have ever played for Chelsea by his nick name now. :lol:

Look at the post before my answer! It's written:" Zhirkov and Aguero will be anounced 1st July. Same time as Carlito".

Ancelottis nickname is Carletto and I doubt he means Cuducini...

Edit: Here Tevez is called "Carlito": http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ve-Man-Utd.html

Edited by A.T.E