Ashley Out!

mad_mac
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

"Chelsea have been rocked by the news that Ashley Cole has sustained a depressed fracture of the tibia.

The full-back was ruled out of the England squad for next weekend's friendly with Brazil because of the injury.

Cole missed three games after initially sustaining the injury in the Blues' 4-0 home win against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League last month.

The former Arsenal man returned against Atletico last week, but he aggravated the injury in Spain.

Cole played through the pain barrier requiring a painkilling injection in order to feature in Sunday's 1-0 win over Manchester United

It is feared the 28-year-old could face a lengthy spell on the sidelines with the problem.

A spokesman for Chelsea confirmed: "Ashley Cole has not been selected in the England squad for their friendly against Brazil.

"He has a depressed fracture of the tibia, an injury first picked up in the Atletico Madrid home match last month.

"He aggravated the injury before the match against Manchester United and required an injection to play.

"However, he further injured it during the game and has therefore been ruled out of this week's England squad."

Full Story Here

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5685305,00.html

Was just about to post this topic. Really hope Zhirkov is back from injury now so that he can start getting a decent amount of gametime. Always going to be a big loss for a team when you lose the worlds best left back but here's hoping he will be back soon

I'm not sure about the status of Yuri/ Can anyone shed some light? I had heard he was out with an ankle injusry now, after only getting over his knee injury! It seems like he's destined to be the forgotten man this season. The last time Cole was out for a game or two, we had Belletti and Ferreira fill in. Shame, as you'd think it would be the best time possible for him to come into the team and let us see what all the wait has been for.

Looks as if we'll just see Paulo back there, which I don't mind as he's a solid defender, but he certainly takes away some of uor pace, width and crossing from the full backs

Scott

I think Zhirkov is fit again and will feature for Russia two game qualifier against Slovenia, with first game coming up this weekend and the second somewhere in the middle of next week.

If he does well,I'd imagine Carlo may opt to start him against Wolves at the Bridge on 21st.

I think Zhirkov is fit again and will feature for Russia two game qualifier against Slovenia, with first game coming up this weekend and the second somewhere in the middle of next week.

If he does well,I'd imagine Carlo may opt to start him against Wolves at the Bridge on 21st.

Well if he'll play two games for Russia I'm pretty sure that he will be injured when he returns to Chelsea :getmycoat:

I'd prefer a fully fit Ferreira filling in, to a 50% fit Yuri, who will also need to adapt to the pace and demands of the Prem.

As regards our attack, perhaps Paulo crossing an early, inswinging ball with his right foot will be a different option that the opposition hasn't really planned for. Ash will be a huge loss against the Gooners though.

So im guessing with no game this weekend Ashley will not want to play in a friendly , he can sit out the Wolves game and recover just in time for Arsenal. Assuming he's injured at all . Saying its a few weeks rather than months i can only hope its a clever move by the club.

According to The Daily Telegraph, 'It has now been decided by Chelsea's medical department that Cole requires rest. It had been feared that the 28 year-old would be out for six weeks but Chelsea are being far more optimistic. With the international break, the club hope that Cole may miss only the Premier League match at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers and the Champions League tie away to Porto.'

sounds pretty positive to me. thank god.

Hutch is about the only other option that we have other than Paulo. I'd rather paulo to be honest. But at the same time it's not a bad area in terms of cover, but it's just that everyone else is much furter behind, in terms of ability, Ashley