Last Movie You Watched

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

"Parting Shots" was on ITV on Friday night. I read some online reviews of the film, and it got an absolute slating, maybe because it was a Michael Winner movie. I prefer to make my own mind up though, and having seen the cast-list I decided to watch it.

Some of the people in this movie: - Chris Rea, Felicity Kendal, Joanna Lumley, Oliver Reed, Bob Hoskins, John Cleese, Diana Rigg, Ben Kingsley, Gareth Hunt and Peter Davison.

I found it to be fairly entertaining, but I'm still not sure if it was meant to be a comedy or not - some scenes were funny, but I wasn't convinced they were supposed to be. Joanna Lumley had the best lines, she was excellent, I actually laughed out loud. Felicity Kendal was still looking very sexy (this was made in 1999, so she'd have been around 53/54 at the time), Bob Hoskins was Bob Hoskins, Oliver Reed was Oliver Reed, etc... Chris Rea contributed some background songs which were OK, and his acting wasn't too bad, considering.

Not a classic movie by any standards, but enjoyable enough - well, I enjoyed it anyway!

Just watched 'The Hurt Locker'.

Never heard of it before until I read about it on here, War movie about an US Army bomb team in Iraq - When I first heard the name I would never of thought about a war movie, perhaps thats the reason why it never caught my attention, as im a big fan of these kind of movies.

Anyway, this movie was great, lots of action and the story was real good.

9/10.

had it worked out in 3 minutes

If you had it all worked out in 3 minutes, you've gotta be clairvoyant or very lucky, because I don't think we see any of his dream/flashback scenes before 10-15 minutes have passed at least. ::ChElSeaFLag::

If you had it all worked out in 3 minutes, you've gotta be clairvoyant or very lucky, because I don't think we see any of his dream/flashback scenes before 10-15 minutes have passed at least. ;)

Seriously, I've done it in a few films. I even said, right as he arrived on the island, to my wife "oh, this is what's going on...." and told her. She didn't watch it, but went and looked up the story on wikipedia, left the room, came back about 2 hours later and said "so how the hell did you figure that one out?"

Seriously, I've done it in a few films. I even said, right as he arrived on the island, to my wife "oh, this is what's going on...." and told her. She didn't watch it, but went and looked up the story on wikipedia, left the room, came back about 2 hours later and said "so how the hell did you figure that one out?"

Did you figure out all the details or just the main gist of it? If you figured out the details as well, then I'd say you were lucky, because I don't think the movie had presented us with all the "facts"/clues at that point.

Just a heads-up to anyone who hasn't seen "McVicar" starring Roger Daltrey, it's on ITV4 tonight at 23:20. Great movie!

classic film, and one of my all time favourite lines in a film

Don't get all excited, otherwise you'll macaroni your pants again

Just saw "Up in the Air" at the cheap theater. Decent movie with great acting, but probably not for everyone.

I was compelled because the main character could have been me. I look a bit like G Clooney, though not as good looking. That's not the reason though. If you changed his career some, the main character was me - in the personal sense. My bird saw it, too. Not always flattering, but it sure pulled me into the story. Can truly say that has never happened before at the movies...

Just saw "Up in the Air" at the cheap theater. Decent movie with great acting, but probably not for everyone.

I was compelled because the main character could have been me. I look a bit like G Clooney, though not as good looking. That's not the reason though. If you changed his career some, the main character was me - in the personal sense. My bird saw it, too. Not always flattering, but it sure pulled me into the story. Can truly say that has never happened before at the movies...

Are you a British expatriot living in the States? No American would ever use the word "bird" in that sense.

Are you a British expatriot living in the States? No American would ever use the word "bird" in that sense.

Indeed, no English gentleman would refer to his lady love as "my bird" either! :D