Last Movie You Watched

Watched Cabin in the Woods this weekend as it showed up on Netflix.  Was wanting to catch it in the theater but my wife is not into such movies.  I must say, I really enjoyed it.  Completely crazy concept, but a very fun movie with some scares in it.

Saw '300' again last week and I found it to be an enjoyable film to be honest.

But after seeing '300' plus Law Abiding Citizen & Gamer, within a short period, I'm beging to think my missus has a thing for Gerald Butler!.

It was made worse when she said after watching '300' that I reminded her of Sparta.

Thinking of Butler's six pack I asked why?.............she said like Sparta,I was ancient & my body was in ruin!.

Honestly,women can be so cruel.

Not a film but a television show: the first episode of the second series of Call The Midwife.

I found it rather disappointing, I really enjoyed the first series and every episode was gripping, my expectations for the second season were high as a result. Lacklustre would be the best word to describe it, the first series episodes featured great storylines but this episode had a bit of wishy washy clichéd Christmas fare and a crazy lady. Yawn.

Before Midnight

didn't fall in love with it like i did the prequels. lost some of it's emergence and fairytale touch in place of grounded day-in-the-life 'adulthood', not exactly why i came to love these movies, though it warrants a rewatch at some point

I'm surprised you'd go to see a film from the director of Kill List about a couple who travel around committing senseless murders and expect it to be warmly funny. To me that's a bit like going to see Trainspotting and complaining it's just a bunch of people taking heroin and doesn't even have any trains in it.

I quite liked Sightseers, in case you haven't guessed.

I just watched the trailer, and was taken by the line "he's not a person, he's a daily mail reader". Let's face it, it would be a crap world if we all liked the same thing and there'd be no spuds and qpha fans to brighten our days.

Another half hour and I can settle down on the sofa to watch "Gunfight at the OK Corral" on Film 4 with young Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas, as well as Dennis Hopper and Lee Van Cleef!  Paradise!

Nothing like reliving you long lost tooth youth