Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

Incendies is one very impressive movie, worth watching.

haha I just won this flick while I was on a French program in Quebec, Canada. I have yet to watch it but they raved about it.

Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story, a decent spoof of the overly-earnest musician biopics that have been quite popular in recent years. John C Reilly is brilliant in the lead role, performing and singing most of the songs himself. Also, the quality of the songs is surprisingly high for a piss-take.

Went to see Behind the Candleabra (is that how you spell it? It looks wrong) last night.  Enjoyable though rather overlong biopic of Liberace.  Michael Douglas and Matt Damon were very good.  Oh and Matt Damon looked very hot.  Will have to see if I can find a photo for the girls' thread Moi!

Candelabra... I must get round to seeing that.  Please do post a hot picture of Matt Danon.  He has never done much for me that way, though his acting is superb.  I look forward to being converted!

I went to see Worlds end last week. It was ok. Not the best film they have done. Hot Fuzz was by far the best.

Agreed. The World's End was a bit "tired" I thought. I loved the fighting sequences though, very well choreographed, especially the scene where he is trying to keep hold of his pint whilst fighting.  Very funny! 

Hot Fuzz is still my favourite.

Hot Fuzz was better than Shaun of the dead.

By a country mile (geddit?) .

Not that i dislike Shaun of the Dead though, some great lines and sequences in that film. Where they're hitting someone with pool-cues in time to Queen, brilliant! 

Edited by Blueblur

Coach Carter. For the third time this year. If you haven't seen it, and you like that 'tough teacher turns a troubled school' gubbins, this IS the film for you.

Coach Carter. For the third time this year. If you haven't seen it, and you like that 'tough teacher turns a troubled school' gubbins, this IS the film for you.

Sort of To Sir With Love updated?   

That's exactly it- and that, too, was awesome. Highly recommended if you can catch it.

Right - I get the idea - teacher straight out of college, relates to the kids, throws out the text books, plays at being the kids' friend instead of their teacher. 

Mmmmmmm - maybe!

The Master - some good acting and good photography and I enjoyed it while watching it, but plot is nothing special really. I think it's better than There Will Be Blood from the same director, which I think was quite boring except Daniel Day-Lewis acting which was great.

Five Easy Pieces

i hadn't watched this film in years but for some reason it left a big impact this time round. captures the feeling of wanting to move away from a past but not knowing where to go, set in front of a somewhat carefree 70s america. a very grounded and reflective film. this will stay with me

sde5nc.jpg

When you put it that way Moi, it sounds rubbish!

Sorry,  I really did enjoy To Sir With Love when I saw it years ago.  But in fact in real life the kids would make mincement of him, and if he visited young girls in their homes, he'd instantly be under suspicion of trying to groom them.

And why is it that in  films about teaching  the girls are always drop dead gorgeous?  

Five Easy Pieces

i hadn't watched this film in years but for some reason it left a big impact this time round. captures the feeling of wanting to move away from a past but not knowing where to go, set in front of a somewhat carefree 70s america. a very grounded and reflective film. this will stay with me

sde5nc.jpg

Well I'll be. Finally found something I can agree on with you onebelo. FEP is a small masterpiece at the start of Jack's golden period which surely was the seventies. Thematically, very similar to his character's existential alienation in my favourite role of his in Antonioni's masterpiece - The Passenger made after Chinatown.