Last Movie You Watched

Locke with tom hardy.

Not sure what to make of it really...it`s just him in a car all film.

Interesting movie, but I think it could've done with a proper ending. It kept me interested all the way through, but then it just ended... "That's it? That's how it ended? Huh?"

---

Went to see "20000 Days on Earth" last night and it was alright. Wouldn't suggest it to anyone who's not interested in Nick Cave and even then I wouldn't call it essential viewing. Some good moments here and there, but the trailer was more interesting than the movie.

Saw Noah with Russell Crowe a while back and found it a bit of a damp squib to be honest.Slow and boring with a lot of religous overtones which I suppose considering the story, was to be kind of expected  :slap_face:

Russell Crowe played his usual part & Ray Winstone played his normal role to such an extent I kept on expecting him to offer the latest odds of himself clobbering Noah at 6/1.

Also,the Fallen Angels looked like they had spent to long on the bottom of a budgie cage which just looked weird to be honest.

Still,if serious films with a heavy religous theme are your bag, then this film (like the Ark) will float your boat.

Bernie, starring Jack Black and Matthew McConaughey

Black comedy based on a true story about a funeral director, Black, who becomes best friends with an 80 year old millionaire widow, played by Shirley MacLaine, in a small town in East Texas. Everyone in the town loves the funeral director while the widow is hated by everyone. So over a few years they became inseparable and then one day he kills her. The story is about their relationship, how he hides her death and how the local district attorney, McConaughey, is finding it difficult to convict Bernie because he is so loved and the widow was so despised. Super funny and a must watch. 

Edited by Butterhampton FC

Went to see I Origins today and loved it. It's a low key Sci-Fi (sort of) written and directed by the same guy who did Another Earth (and also stars Brit Marling, who I must admit I have a bit of a thing for) and it feels very similar (albeit with a completely different story) so if you liked that you'll probably like this.

Essentially it's the story of a leading biologist who has a fascination with eyes and believes that his research can show how the first creatures were able to evolve eyes, and since the complexity and perfection of the eye is often used by creationists as 'proof' of intelligent design, his work could therefore disprove the existence of God. However, he meets and instantly falls in love with a mysterious girl at a party who is highly impulsive and spiritual (basically the complete opposite of him). Some stuff happens and he begins to see things in his work and in his life that make him reconsider his obstinate belief that science and spirituality (for want of a better word) are mutually exclusive.

Edited by bluedave

Skyfall.

An absolute cracker of a Bond film, and so beautifully shot. It's disappointing that Roger Deakins isn't coming back for Bond 24. Glad Mendes is directing again though. 

It's a great Bond film, up there with 'From Russia With Love', 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' and a guilty favorite of mine, 'Licence To Kill'.

I went to see Pride tonight.  Didn't know anything about it before I went but a brilliant film.  Tear in my eyes and at the end the audience applauded - can't remember the last time that happened!

Spoiler - you may not enjoy it so much if you are a right wing Thatcherite!  But then again, maybe you will, it's a feelgood film!

I went to see Pride tonight.  Didn't know anything about it before I went but a brilliant film.  Tear in my eyes and at the end the audience applauded - can't remember the last time that happened!

Spoiler - you may not enjoy it so much if you are a right wing Thatcherite!  But then again, maybe you will, it's a feelgood film!

Isn't that amazing!  I went to see it yesterday!  Thought Dominic West was Fab U Lous! And his character is still alive!   Bill Nighy and Imelda Staunton were brilliant too.

The irony for me was that audience above a certain age (i.e. moi!) knew how it would end, and therefore the euphoria of the characters was tinged with sadness throughout (for me).  But a lovely, lovely film.

It seems strange that we take AIDS totally for granted now.  I can remember when newspapers first started announcing the new "plague" and people tended at first to dismiss it as gross exaggeration on the part of the daily Rags!

Edited by moi

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

What part of me thought a film about the f**king Holocaust would have even a remote, slither of a 'happy' ending. Telling the tale through a child's innocent eyes is truly harrowing.

I feel physically sick, like I did after watching Schindler's List and Escape from Sobibor. How the f**k was this allowed to happen.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

What part of me thought a film about the f**king Holocaust would have even a remote, slither of a 'happy' ending. Telling the tale through a child's innocent eyes is truly harrowing.

I feel physically sick, like I did after watching Schindler's List and Escape from Sobibor. How the f**k was this allowed to happen.

That is one of the most moving films I have ever seen.  (Boy In Striped, I mean).  The other truly brilliant film about the Holocaust is Life Is Beautiful.  A masterpiece!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/

I don't think I should watch anymore Holocaust films Moi, but noted.

I know where you're coming from, Gem (God!  I can't believe I just said that!) but at the same time the world should never be allowed to forget what was done to so many.

That is one of the most moving films I have ever seen.  (Boy In Striped, I mean).  The other truly brilliant film about the Holocaust is Life Is Beautiful.  A masterpiece!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/

Sadly films about the Holocaust are generally masterpieces, the directors show true empathy for what occured.The Pianist and Schindlers are my two favs if there is such a thing, on what is a truly moving experience.