Last Movie You Watched

Romford Pele

Watched Frank recently, it's a comedy/drama about an English kid who finds himself playing keyboards for a cult American rock band fronted by an intense and enigmatic musical genius called Frank who wears a giant paper mache head at all times. There's a nice message about the value of integrity and non-conformity in there somewhere but it wasn't as funny as I was hoping. It's definitely worth watching though and is an engaging and unusual film.

A great film. A while since I've watched it. Must watch it again

A mate recommended that for a bunch of us to watch one Friday night. I dont take movie recommendations from him anymore hah. What an utterly depressing movie! It is a powerful and decent film, but one I wouldnt want to watch again.

Equilibrium - 6/10 - Standard dystopian sci-fi film, with a somewhat ridiculous premise.

American Psycho - 6.5/10 - Was alright.

Gone Girl - 8/10 - Whilst I'm not generally a fan of this sort of film, it gets a high score for making me actually feel things about the characters.

Edited by Zeta Orionis

Interstellar - 7.5/10 - Pretty enjoyable and interesting.

Equilibrium - 6/10 - Standard dystopian sci-fi film, with a somewhat ridiculous premise.

American Psycho - 6.5/10 - Was alright.

Gone Girl - 8/10 - Whilst I'm not generally a fan of this sort of film, it gets a high score for making me actually feel things about the characters.

You've taken leave of your senses. American Psycho is excellent! Agree with all the rest. 

The book of American Psycho is much better than the film in my opinion, essential reading.

I've read it. I found it difficult to read. The amount of passages where he is just  rambles on and on about music albums! It was ok, but I found the film so much easier to digest. 

I've read it. I found it difficult to read. The amount of passages where he is just rambles on and on about music albums! It was ok, but I found the film so much easier to digest.

It better established his decaying state of mind and obsessive nature over everything.

I thought the film version was a caricature of the book and for me it just doesn't quite translate.

One of the occasions where I think the film trumps the source material.

Even the author of the book has said he prefers the film.

The film version of Tyler Durden is much more subtle and interesting.

I thought the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo film was much better than the book. The book is such a drag in the middle whereas the film is better paced.

Swedish original or the David Fincher remake?

The Godfather is a better film than book too.

The Swedish original, of course. Actually I've not seen the remake due to me having a huge prejudice against American remakes of good foreign films.