Last Movie You Watched

Romford Pele

On 09/10/2016 at 06:47, havelschayes said:

raging bull was on hbo last night and im started thinking what the hell happened to him, he's arguably the greatest actor of all time but since the 2000s it's like he fell down a rabbit hole of sh*tty comedy movies, i mean i watched dirty grandpa and it's just painful

Funnily enough this topic cropped up at work the other day. To think De Niro used to make films like Goodfellas and Taxi Driver and now he only appears in garbage like Dirty Grandpa and The Family! Perhaps he just stopped caring or he has a lot of debts we don't know about.

12 hours ago, bluedave said:

Have you seen Going Clear? That really exposed the Scientologists for what they are. I've not seen Theroux's movie yet but probably will since I like him and it's such an interesting subject.

I havent, but it is on my list sir! 

Worth a watch ? 

2 hours ago, Zola said:

I havent, but it is on my list sir! 

Worth a watch ? 

Definitely, going by your feedback about the Louis Theroux documentary I think you might prefer this one. I remember being very shocked at some of the extremely dodgy stuff the Scientologists get up to.

Saw a couple of films this week:

Deepwater horizon - It was pretty good. The story of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig that exploded a few years ago in the Gulf of Mexico. Great special effects but I found the characters were all a bit generic (i.e. the corporate bad guy, downtrodden blue collar hero, etc.).

I, Daniel Blake - Ken Loach's new film about a heart attack victim and his battle against the system to receive his entitlements as he is unable to work. Crushing. Highly recommended.

Tales of Halloween, I watched this horror anthology for the first time last year and although I enjoyed it I was a little disappointed. However, watching it this year for only the second time I already enjoyed it more. Even the segments I weren't as keen on the first time round seemed better on this viewing. I really do think the movies greatest segment is 'Sweet Tooth' (that was the only one that blew me away on first viewing), it's such a scary but fun little tale and the mobster FX are great, it really reminds me of a segment in Creepshow. Bad Seed is fantastic too, and it's mostly down to the music, it's a throwback to those 80s synth scores by John Carpenter. Such an enjoyable film to watch this time of year 7.5/10

Sausage party 7/10, most of the funny bits were in already in trailer.

Finding dory 8/10 good sequel but not a classic like the 1st. 

Xmen apocalypse 8/10, probably gave this a higher mark than it deserved but the apocalypse storyline had me reminiscing about the cartoon series on live and kicking in the 90's, which was a favourite of mine, although wheres gambit while all this is happening! 

weiner 9/10,  a documentary that should've been about anthony weiner's redemption story documenting his successful 2013 campaign for mayor of NY but then something happened and things went full-nuclear

just awesome, hilariously dark, and just last week new FBI finding connecting this giant sleazeball  to clinton's email mess , you just cant write it 

Alien vs Predator
(I just) Spirited Away
Dumb and Dumber
Armageddon
Inglorious bar stewards
White House Down
Trapped
Take Shelter
Murder by Numbers
Gangster Squad
The Bank Job
Doctor Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb