Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

Repo Men...Jude Law, got half way through and turned it off

Dear John...got half way through and the Missus wouldn't let me turn it off.

It can't be as bad as Prince of Thieves, can it? :(

It's got effing Crowe in it - It will be naff overacting in tights, instead of the naff overacting in sandals in Gladiator.

Someone really has to tell big Russ that he is about as much an action hero as Russ Conway

watched 3 "unusual" films in the last week, not sure of all the titles.

The Men Who Stare At Goats, George Clooney & Ewan McGreggor. Not sure about this one, some funny moments but my over all impression was it's just taking the piss.

Heath Ledger's last film, one word sums this up...."almost" in as it's almost a good film. Heath's death during filming obviously had a huge impact on the end result and Gillian almost got away with it, theres that word almost again. It's a shame they used Cilin Farrell to finish the role as he just couldn't play the part. Just thought of the name o the film The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parmassus.

And finaly, I have no idea what this film was called, it's recent and is similar to Blair Witch it may have been called Paranormal Activity. Not a bad little film on litttle or no budget starts off well but it fades as the film goes on. It did make me jump once which Is rare for me. Well worth a watch though.

I semi agree with you, but Russell crowe as OK in L A Confidential.

It's got effing Crowe in it - It will be naff overacting in tights, instead of the naff overacting in sandals in Gladiator.

Someone really has to tell big Russ that he is about as much an action hero as Russ Conway

I was number of good films recently starting of by the Losers. Decent action flick, but I found that they were switching locations and plots way to quickly and it was hard to entirely get into it. Then saw on DVD the Man Who Stared at Goats, had it's really funny, funny and sad moments. I enjoyed it, but I got mixed reviews from many people.

Finally I pulled out two somewhat classics of completely different genres, First Knight, classic medieval flick for the family. And Hot Fuzz, again Simon Pegg is genius in this one, great great parody of action/horror flicks. I saw this movie at least 20 times and I still enjoy every moment of it!

I'm suppose to go see Robin Hood and Iron Man 2 either this week or the following one, we'll how they stack up.

Kick Ass. very funny and its not a kids movie :D

My god what a film!

This film has just come out of the blue, not a lot of hype around it and it's easily one of the funniest films i've seen this year. The way they potray hit-girl and how they got away with it, unbelievable.

I watched The Grapes of Wrath last night - 1940 film with Henry Fonda. The ending is different from John Steinbecks's book, but if anyone thinks life is hard nowadays, they need to watch this.

Have you seen it, Maksimov?

watched 3 "unusual" films in the last week, not sure of all the titles.

The Men Who Stare At Goats, George Clooney & Ewan McGreggor. Not sure about this one, some funny moments but my over all impression was it's just taking the piss.

Heath Ledger's last film, one word sums this up...."almost" in as it's almost a good film. Heath's death during filming obviously had a huge impact on the end result and Gillian almost got away with it, theres that word almost again. It's a shame they used Cilin Farrell to finish the role as he just couldn't play the part. Just thought of the name o the film The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parmassus.

And finaly, I have no idea what this film was called, it's recent and is similar to Blair Witch it may have been called Paranormal Activity. Not a bad little film on litttle or no budget starts off well but it fades as the film goes on. It did make me jump once which Is rare for me. Well worth a watch though.

I didn't like The Men Who Stare At Goats - it could've been a really fun, satirical romp, but it was a real let down.

Parnassus is also really bizarre. While the film with Ledger in it had a lot of potential, but over the course it gets sillier and sillier and in the end I just got really confused.

Paranormal Activity I thought was alright, but I've heard there are about 4 different ending, and the UK ending is supposed to be the best, which I loved!

What ending did you see?

Spoiler alert:

The one where she threw him at the camera?

Well, I've seen two, the one you mentioned and:

The one where she gets killed by the police as she walks towards them holding the knife after her demon killed her husband!

I watched 2012 last night, expecting a good old-fashioned action-packed dystopian romp. Instead I got a hackneyed pile of crap. An absolute abomination of a film. Don't go near it.

I heard he sounds his accent sounds Irish for this one, he stormed out of an interview with the BBC when this was mentioned by the host - knob

he stormed out of an interview with the BBC when this was mentioned by the host - knob

Maybe he ran to get his mobile phone so that he could throw it at the journo.

Watched 3 films over the weekend - Let The Right One In, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and The Mist.

Let The Right One In - Absolutely incredible film, it absolutely blew me away. I did review it, if you want a look: http://rbjfilms.blogspot.com/2010/05/let-r...ne-in-2009.html

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - More of a kids film to be fair, but it is actually really funny, mostly down to Kevin James though.

The Mist - Stephen King adaptation which is brilliant. It wasn't in the cinema for very long at all, but I got the DVD last Christmas, and have watched it many times ever since. It never ceases to thrill me. Oh, and it has the most depressing ending to any film ever made, even if it is different to the book!

haven't had much of a chance to watch movies lately but i did find time to watch this little gem

broncobullfrog.jpg

Bronco Bullfrog (1969)

this is a review from the film's imdb page

The film's title "Bronco Bullfrog" refers to the thief who escaped from borstal and had to make his way in the world whilst on the run by engaging in theft. He does not play the major role in the film however. That goes to Del and Anne a young couple who meet in the deprived environment of Stratford in East London where there is little for kids to do and where they have no money. Their relationship strengthens and they attempt to escape their limiting environment by running away to the coast.

The films has its comic moments often driven by the utterly spartan & anorexic dialog. Conversations that would occupy tens of minutes of naff method-overacting in a Hollywood film are dispatched in two or three words: for example when the couple meet for the first time and agree to date the entire conversation is: "Del:do you want to go out? Anne:Yea, OK".

These are kids who are adrift and going nowhere. The plot is an engaging slice into their life and a unique fusion of drama and social documentary: unlike anything else made.

i love this film. it's roots are in working class in mod/skinhead/suedehead culture. this film is not only unique, it's also authentic. highly recommended, and one i'll definitely watch again.

http://www.modculture.co.uk/gallery2/misc/bronco/

It's more of a fitting soundtrack rather than a spooky and bizarre description of what's going on. That said, there are a couple of good bits. I seem to remember the lyric 'balancing' coming on just as Dorothy lost her balance on the fence.

Great Gig in the Sky during the tornado scene was pretty epic.

i love this film. it's roots are in working class in mod/skinhead/suedehead culture. this film is not only unique, it's also authentic. highly recommended, and one i'll definitely watch again.

Sounds interesting...might be a little hard to find, but I'll definitely check it out if I can find it.

Sounds interesting...might be a little hard to find, but I'll definitely check it out if I can find it.

not that difficult - you can buy it from the director's own site, here

http://www.platts-mills.com/

it's not cheap though. current asking price is £16 + postage