Last Movie You Watched

Watched 2 films this weekend, will make it a third tonight.

Moon - Absolutely loved it. Such an ingenious idea, Rockwell is superb in it, and I loved how it never quite explained itself. Left you to fill in the blanks, sort of thing. Brilliant stuff.

Fargo - Actually a film on my Mum's request, and I quite enjoyed it. I'd only seen 1 Coen Brothers' film before this one (No Country For Old Men, brilliant) so I didn't quite know what to expect, but it was actually pretty good. It was a bit strange, and the accents of everyone in the film threw me a bit, but I enjoyed it. Though, on reflection, there didn't seem to be a proper story arc, per se (or if there was one, it was a very short one), it was a bit random, jumping from character to character regularly. But maybe that was me, I don't know. Frances McDormand was superb in it (the pregnant police officer) and rightly deserved the Best Actress Oscar that year.

I can't decide whether to watch State of Play or Se7en tonight. We'll see.

I've heard Se7en is horrible, which is intriguing me into watching it!

I haven't, nor have I even heard of it....

Let me know what you think of se7ev once you've seen it.

I think I've managed to do a link to Funny Bones. Oh no, I haven't! Google it and choose the imbd option.

Let me know what you think of se7ev once you've seen it.

I think I've managed to do a link to Funny Bones. Oh no, I haven't! Google it and choose the imbd option.

It sounds interesting. Maybe even slapstick?

Why did you link Moon/Fargo/Se7en/State of Play to that? I can't see the connection...

It sounds interesting. Maybe even slapstick?

Why did you link Moon/Fargo/Se7en/State of Play to that? I can't see the connection...

Inadvertently! No connection at all really, except something you said about the Coen brothers made me think of Funny Bones, which is one of the most unusual films I've ever seen.

Inadvertently! No connection at all really, except something you said about the Coen brothers made me think of Funny Bones, which is one of the most unusual films I've ever seen.

Is funny bones the Lee Evans film about a house with a mouse? Hey, that rhymed, nice. Loved that film.

Went to the cinema on Wednesday and saw The Collector, which was pretty decent. It's a home-invasion horror that doesn't hold back on the blood and guts (literally...) but it's quite a breath of fresh air compared to the Saw franchise as it actually gives a bit of tension. It's not really recommended, unless your up for a bit of Saturday Night Frights!

Late last night, I watched Star Trek - love it. I'd seen it twice before, but I still thought it was brilliant. I loved how JJ Abrams has carved his own niche into the Star Trek universe where he's free to go anywhere with. I think it's the youngest Star Trek cast ever, is it not? Plus, they've yet to introduce Piccard and the Klingon race, which should be great.

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh

Went to the cinema on Wednesday and saw The Collector, which was pretty decent. It's a home-invasion horror that doesn't hold back on the blood and guts (literally...) but it's quite a breath of fresh air compared to the Saw franchise as it actually gives a bit of tension. It's not really recommended, unless your up for a bit of Saturday Night Frights!

Are you talking about The Collector with Terence Stamp and Samantha Eggar? Or has someone had the temerity to highjack the title for a different film?

Moi, It isn't a remake of the Terence Stamp film. I remember reading some reviews when it came out and it got utterly panned by just about every one. I haven't seen it and must admit probably never will - doesn't appeal to me in the slightest (each to their own said the monkey as it kissed the ape's arse).

Se7en's great.

Morgan Freeman (no description needed)

Brad Pitt

Kevin Spacey (great)

Richard Roundtree (played Shaft)

Richard Schiff (played Toby Ziegler in the West Wing)

What a cast.

Yes, the cast is great, I don't deny it. Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman are brilliant actors. But I found the story line totally sick.