Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

There was some consolation though RBJ!

phoca_thumb_l_Small%20Version%205.jpg

If you think Human Centipede wasn't disgusting enough to stomach, go try 'Slaughtered Vomit Dolls', it is the most f**ked up film ever!

It's such a shame she was in the middle though!

City of Men (series 1 & 2)

Series about 2 young lads growing up in the Favella. Good insight into life without law (except the law of the drug gangs) and the territory wars of the main gangs

Good enough for me to order series 3 & 4!

I watched The Descent a little earlier, great film. But, to anyone who's seen it, I'd like a take on the ending, because I had quite a heated argument about the ending with a friend I was watching it with.

A bit of back story: it's quite an important sub-plot that one of the characters (Juno) may have had an affair with the main character's (Sarah) husband. Sarah finds out about this and duly gets revenge by stabbing Juno in the leg and leaving her to die at the hands of the monsters that inhabit the caves they've been trapped in. But, over the course of the film, pretty much from the start, that Sarah is a bit mental. She was involved in a car crash that killed her husband and young daughter and since then, a whole year on, she still takes medicine to keep her calm as she regularly hallucinates about the car accident - be it the pipe that killed her husband flying through the window near the beginning, seeing her daughter every time she gets knocked out in the cave, hears her daughter's laughter regularly etc.

The issue that caused this heated argument was that my friend thinks that the first time Sarah knocks herself out in the caves, the rest of the events are all completely imagined by her already fragile mind, that literally nothing happened. Which I completely disagree with. I'm firmly of the belief that the events of the cave all happened, the only hallucination she has is at the very end when she thinks she's escaped the cave and drives off, only to wake up back in the caves, and sees her daughter there again, basically solidifying that she's completely lost her mind.

Anyone have any ideas?

I watched The Descent a little earlier, great film. But, to anyone who's seen it, I'd like a take on the ending, because I had quite a heated argument about the ending with a friend I was watching it with.

I really enjoyed that movie; heard there was a sequel but haven't felt like watching it.

Anyways, I agree with your take on the movie, but I have only seen it once. (don't want to get into spoilers haha).

127 hours - not bad for a movie that is really just on one actor

They wanted more actors, but James Franco had no brothers in arms.

He did alright anyway, by himself. He's very harmless.

I heard he got the part very easily. Didn't have to give an arm and a leg for it.

Yet he did encounter problems when in make-up, because the script was always an arms length away.

:rolleyes:

Didnt think Hostel was that bad, I can actually take a lot of gore and sh*t in movies but I hate The Ring, The Grudge etc.

Anyone else waiting for Scream 4, should be good as I love the other ones.

I'm the exact same, the gore's fine, but I refuse to watch films like the others you mentioned!

City of Men (series 1 & 2)

Series about 2 young lads growing up in the Favella. Good insight into life without law (except the law of the drug gangs) and the territory wars of the main gangs

Good enough for me to order series 3 & 4!

I watched that back when I was in school, great film ::clap2::

Not a movie as such, but movie length. A couple of nights ago I watched the last episode of The Wire, having rewatched all five series all over again. Best TV programme ever made? Quite possibly.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Not a movie as such, but movie length. A couple of nights ago I watched the last episode of The Wire, having rewatched all five series all over again. Best TV programme ever made? Quite possibly.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

I haven't seen the TV series, but, the books not a bad read.

Didn't realise there was more than one 'Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets' was the one I was referring to.

Edited by RegRabid

I haven't seen the TV series, but, the books not a bad read.

Didn't realise there was more than one 'Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets' was the one I was referring to.

Both the book you mention and "The Wire" were written or co-written by David Simon. I bought the book a while ago but haven't got round to reading it yet.. Unless I'm mistake, the book is factual but the TV series is fiction, or perhaps fiction loosely based on fact? Either way, David Simon also also co-wrote "The Corner", later made into an HBO series, also set in Baltimore and very much based on a true story.

Hutch, I've also been watching the Wire recently, but for the first time, and I have to say it is absolutely magnificent. My friend had been pestering me to watch it for weeks with the promise that it is the 'best TV show ever made', so I gave in and I wasn't at all disappointed. Three episodes to go in Season 5 though; I'm hoping that the wounded animal Omar can do enough damage to bring this whole web of ridiculousness to its knees.

Hutch, I've also been watching the Wire recently, but for the first time, and I have to say it is absolutely magnificent. My friend had been pestering me to watch it for weeks with the promise that it is the 'best TV show ever made', so I gave in and I wasn't at all disappointed. Three episodes to go in Season 5 though; I'm hoping that the wounded animal Omar can do enough damage to bring this whole web of ridiculousness to its knees.

Not wanting to spoil anything for you, all I'm going to say is ... be prepared for plenty more shocks along the way.

Both the book you mention and "The Wire" were written or co-written by David Simon. I bought the book a while ago but haven't got round to reading it yet.. Unless I'm mistake, the book is factual but the TV series is fiction, or perhaps fiction loosely based on fact? Either way, David Simon also also co-wrote "The Corner", later made into an HBO series, also set in Baltimore and very much based on a true story.

Yes, the book is sold as non-fiction, but, reads almost like fiction, although, I have no idea if the the names and some of the more telling details have been changed for the sake of keeping identities concealed.

AARGH!! I've just read that there's a film being made about Fred WEst - and Dominic West is playing him! :omg::JC_doubledown::backsaway: can't bear to think of the delectable Dominic in such a role!

Hmm, the last film I watched from beginning to end was "Will You Merry Me", can't believe it took me longer to find the title of it than posting this.

Sucker Punch. Saw it yesterday

Any good, was maybe gonna wander along to watch that. I used to love Frank Millers graphic novels (not comics, dont dare tell an enthusiast they are comics, they go mental) and loved Sin City but thought Snyder made a complete balls up of 300 so not really expecting much from Sucker Punch.

Edited by dkw

I want to see Sucker Punch too, but basically all of the reviews have slated it completely, so I might watch it online somewhere rather than pay £7 to see it.

Went to see Source Code earlier, the film with Jake Gyllenhaal about this man who has to keep replaying the last 8 minutes of a man on a trains life to figure out who blew up the train. The premise is really interesting, and I liked the film, but it wasn't as gripping or tense as I thought it was going to be. 7/10.