Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

Saw 'Win, Win' with the old lady on 2/4/11. It is an Indie film, starring Paul Giamotti, and was pretty good.

See Mother's Day thread - the old lady is your mother - I presume you went with your wife, whom some people call their "better half" :laugh2:

I saw The Company Men on Saturday. Good but not grippingly so. Tommy Lee Jones and Chris Cooper (remember him in American Beauty?) were good. Ben Affleck averagish I would say. A rather facile ending, really.

The Mechanic, Jason Statham delivers again with a good action movie.

Watch if you are bored.

It's an okay movie, but why does Statham have to play the same character in every movie? I know he's not the greatest actor in the world, but surely he could atleast try?

It's an okay movie, but why does Statham have to play the same character in every movie? I know he's not the greatest actor in the world, but surely he could atleast try?

Jason Statham is a terrible actor. I assumed he was a joke at first, but I've met people who genuinely seem to take him seriously and seem to genuinely enjoy watching him. Strange world...

Jason Statham is a terrible actor. I assumed he was a joke at first, but I've met people who genuinely seem to take him seriously and seem to genuinely enjoy watching him. Strange world...

Think hes alright and suits the role as a badass, couldnt really see him play a sweatheart in some romantic movie!

True. Very true.

Some think Uwe Bolls movies are top class. Some think that all the "Epic Movie", "Disaster Movie", "Meet the Spartans" movies are the best comedies ever made.

In other words - some are idiots ;)

I liked Statham when I first saw him in "Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels", but since then he's been the same in every movie. He was saved in that one because it was a really good movie, but nowadays I've had enough.

He makes Keanu Reeves look like a classically trained theatre actor.

Guys , Please suggest some very good horror / thriller movies ( frightening + interesting ) , those you would label it as must watch !

I 've seen almost all the successful movies of that kind but would like to dig deep into the genre and watch those movies that might have been relatively less heralded but would prove to be a good watch .

Guys , Please suggest some very good horror / thriller movies ( frightening + interesting ) , those you would label it as must watch !

I 've seen almost all the successful movies of that kind but would like to dig deep into the genre and watch those movies that might have been relatively less heralded but would prove to be a good watch .

Horror? If you want to sh*t your pants I recommend the Japanese version of The Ring/The Grudge. I absolutely shat myself when I watched these.

I watched 30 Days of Night the other day, which is also a suggestion to sizzler. One of my favourites, gives vampires some good rep after the horrific Twilight take over as these vampires are REAL vampires - scary as hell!

Watched the documentary about Swedish House Mafia called Take One, was a good watch but you'd think they could get more footage then just 45 mins when it was filmed for over 2 years.

Anyway a good watch for you party people out there that like house music.

I watched 30 Days of Night the other day, which is also a suggestion to sizzler. One of my favourites, gives vampires some good rep after the horrific Twilight take over as these vampires are REAL vampires - scary as hell!

Watched it today, I liked it but the ending was a bit stupid considering the sun almost was coming up - a bit sad.

I watched Harry Brown the other night, with Michael Caine, and I really didn't like it. It tried far too hard to shock which just tipped it right over the edge. However, there was one absolutely fantastic sequence where Caine's character goes to a drug dealer's dwelling, it was exceptional. Before and after that, though, it left so much to be desired. 2 stars.

I want to see Sucker Punch too, but basically all of the reviews have slated it completely, so I might watch it online somewhere rather than pay £7 to see it.

Went to see Source Code earlier, the film with Jake Gyllenhaal about this man who has to keep replaying the last 8 minutes of a man on a trains life to figure out who blew up the train. The premise is really interesting, and I liked the film, but it wasn't as gripping or tense as I thought it was going to be. 7/10.

I kind of agree on Source Code. Good premise, good movie, but could have been a little better. Still well worth watching. A few too many holes in the movie to suit my tastes, but I am probably being a bit too picky.

Just watched Tron Legacy.

It wasn't too bad. I don't have a lot else to say about it. I would check it out as a rental at the very least especially if you've ever watched, and enjoyed, the original.

Try "The Mist" directed by frank darabont, the most downbeat ending to any movie ever.

Went to watch The Eagle the other day. I hadn't been to the cinema for ages!

It required a lot of suspension of disbelief: how on earth can a handful of out-of-shape former legionnaires kill an overwhelming number of rugged Highland warriors for instance? Anyway, not that bad if you need to spend a couple of hours, but hardly award-winning material. Nice to see a grown up Jamie Bell though.

Over the last couple of days I have seen Limetless, which was ok, had the feeling, for me at least, of a super hero movie, well worth a watch. Also watched Source Code......... give it a miss.

Try "The Mist" directed by frank darabont, the most downbeat ending to any movie ever.

I really liked the film until the end. Then it just depressed me. I still love the film though!

Went and saw Scream 4 last night. It may be because I just went to see it for the sake of it without having seen the previous 3, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The twists it took were great, and the ending was brilliant! Loved it.

Caught "Unknown" with Liam Neeson and Diane Kruger last night and would give it a good 8/10 .... Diane Kruger however .... out of Ten id give her One LoL

Went and saw Scream 4 last night. It may be because I just went to see it for the sake of it without having seen the previous 3, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The twists it took were great, and the ending was brilliant! Loved it.

Can't wait to see it as I've seen the other 3 about 50 times!!

Hopefully its better then the old ones.

You youngsters have got too much free time on your hands! :laugh2:

I went to a car boot sale yesterday and bought a copy of Apocalypse Now on DVD for one euro. Watched it tonight, for probably the fifth or sixth time - but the first time in eight years certainly. It hasn't dated at all. Still brilliant! I'd forgotten about Dennis Hopper's little cameo role - excellent. It was weird though in some voice overs because it sounded as if Jed Bartlett from The West Wing was talking! Martin Sheen's voice doesn't seem to have changed at all.