Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

Battle LA was pretty good for the genre it is in, saw it this weekend. I like how it showed a more human side to the alien nvasions, 1 example being how the aliens would try and protect/rescue their wounded soldiers like the whole "leave no one behind" marine ethos.

You youngsters have got too much free time on your hands! :laugh2:

I went to a car boot sale yesterday and bought a copy of Apocalypse Now on DVD for one euro. Watched it tonight, for probably the fifth or sixth time - but the first time in eight years certainly. It hasn't dated at all. Still brilliant! I'd forgotten about Dennis Hopper's little cameo role - excellent. It was weird though in some voice overs because it sounded as if Jed Bartlett from The West Wing was talking! Martin Sheen's voice doesn't seem to have changed at all.

I've watched loads of movies in my days, but that is one of the classics I've yet to see.

Must watch it soon.

Rented "I Love You Phillip Morris" last night, I enjoyed it a lot, was good to see Jim Carrey do a role that wasn't for some stupid PG-13 comedy.

The movie is about Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor in a gay relationship though, and there's a lot of gay sex humor, so you may want to pass on this if that's not your cup of tea.

Based on a true story though, I can't believe the stuff that con-men pull off sometimes!

Rented "I Love You Phillip Morris" last night, I enjoyed it a lot, was good to see Jim Carrey do a role that wasn't for some stupid PG-13 comedy.

The movie is about Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor in a gay relationship though, and there's a lot of gay sex humor, so you may want to pass on this if that's not your cup of tea.

Based on a true story though, I can't believe the stuff that con-men pull off sometimes!

I really liked that movie.

And I can't believe it's based on a true story. It's just too amazing. The guy the movie is about might be a criminal, but I can't help being a bit impressed by him.

Kick-Ass - Superb flick, really enjoyed it, 8/10

Dead End - Omfg do not bother, 3/10

Ironman 2 - Scarlett Johansson 10/10 - Ironman 2 6/10

Storm Warning - Not a bad horror flick 7/10

Solomon Kane - My fav flick over the last few weeks 8/10

I saw a Samuel L Jackson film called One Eight Seven the other night. It's about a ghetto teacher who tries to deal with a sh*t system and uninterested students in his own way. Dark and chilling but nonetheless brilliant.

I watched United last night on BBC iplayer. I thought David Tennant was excellent as Jimmy Murphy, but whose idea was it to cast Dougray Scott as Matt Busby??? I can understand why Busby's family are not over-pleased. I am Scottish, but struggled a lot of the time to understand what Dougray Scott was saying. Has he been in Amercia so long that he has to adopt a pseudo-American Scottish accent?

... I am Scottish, but struggled a lot of the time to understand what Dougray Scott was saying. Has he been in Amercia so long that he has to adopt a pseudo-American Scottish accent?

Whatever happened to him?!? He did the brilliant Malkovich remake of The American Friend (ie. Ripley part 3 - Ripley's Game) that had earlier been spectacularly done by Wenders (some say, although I don't agree, that it was Hopper's best work). Scott was brilliant in the remake - as easily as good as Bruno Ganz playing the same character in the Wender's version (which for Ganz fans is s a seminal role) & it's undoubtedly Malkovich at his very best, possibly his best.

I saw a Samuel L Jackson film called One Eight Seven the other night. It's about a ghetto teacher who tries to deal with a sh*t system and uninterested students in his own way. Dark and chilling but nonetheless brilliant.

Yeah saw that ages ago, not a bad flick. Doesn't the gangster kid in it have an obsession with the movie Deerhunter? I think I saw him again in Gone in 60 seconds, and that was about it.

The next movies im looking forward to see are Fast and Furious 5 and the third Transformers movie, cant wait as they should be a good watch.

Saw The Cave on the TV a few days ago, what a shocking movie and didnt like it at all, the whole get trapped inside a cave and discover weird monsters just getting boring now really and I could tell from that start how it would end. Avoid at all cost.

Battle LA was pretty good for the genre it is in, saw it this weekend. I like how it showed a more human side to the alien nvasions, 1 example being how the aliens would try and protect/rescue their wounded soldiers like the whole "leave no one behind" marine ethos.

Saw that aswell some good special effects

Kill The Irishman - Vinnie Jones should never, ever speak in a film again. Watch Goodfellas instead of this, even if youve seen Goodfellas a million times it will be more appealing than this pile of crap.

Edited by coco

Just watched Insidious, thought it was quite good. Had people screaming everywhere in the cinema, which was entertaining in itself.

I watched the Green Hornet with my wife on Saturday evening.

I didn't think it was too bad. Entertaining and worth a rental I believe.

The next movies im looking forward to see are Fast and Furious 5 and the third Transformers movie, cant wait as they should be a good watch.

Saw The Cave on the TV a few days ago, what a shocking movie and didnt like it at all, the whole get trapped inside a cave and discover weird monsters just getting boring now really and I could tell from that start how it would end. Avoid at all cost.

Saw Fast and Furious 5, and it was suprisingly good. Dwayne Johnson does a great job as the Federal Agent.

Also saw Thor in 3-D, and it was OK.

Now that school is over I can catch up some movies. I need to get out and rent The King's Speech, The Illusionist, Blue Velvet, and Green Hornet in no particular order.

I saw the latest Pirates of the Caribbean last night and enjoyed it a lot. Good story line and not quite as over the top as the last one which I didn't enjoy too much.

Anyone seen Insidious? supposed to be scary.

Yes seen it.

No, not scary unless you're the type that likes manicures, spray tans and pink fluffy stuff for the bedroom! So best be on your guard for any jumpy scenes Andrea!

In fact, I found the film quite cheap, not too sure where good reviews are coming from.

Worth a watch, but not much of a memorable one.

Just saw "M" and boy what a great movie it was.

I just saw this film about a month ago, by accident on late night TV. About to fall asleep when it started, this story shook me so hard that I watched the entire show, spellbound. Peter Lorre is a German child abductor/murderer and the film revolves around the manhunt. Political, public and media hysteria are all jacked up to a frenzy. Fritz Lang;'s direction in 1931 set a template for the "catch the murderer before he strikes again" movie theme, which can easily be seen in Hitchcock's work, especially the creative camera angles. Five stars, highly recommended.

Thanks, The Moos for reminding me about this gem.