Last Movie You Watched

I don't recommend Antichrist. It's absolutely awful.

I'll probably see it one of these days as my friends(the ones I went to the cinema with) and I talked about having a few movie nights soon to watch some movies that we've yet to see, but have been meaning to watch since they were released and Antichrist was one of those that we talked about. Then again, we also talked about a Rocky movie marathon and we've seen all of them at least once. :D

I like some of Von Trier's earlier stuff and I'd heard people say that Melancholia is amazing, but I thought it was quite mediocre.

Edited by Maksimov

I saw Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels in a double bill a couple of weeks ago, absolutely superb. Brad Pitt is amazing in Snatch!

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels is one of my favourites. Absolutely brilliant movie.

If you like that, check out Layer Cake. That's pretty good as well.

As for me, I just saw Inception while I was away on business. Amazing movie, had me captured from the first minute until the end.

Also saw Eagle (was ok), Sucker Punch (lame, but good eye candy), and Battle LA (was ok also).

Against my better judgement, I watched Atonement the other night. I'd been told to ignore the variable reviews, told that the Dunkirk scenes were impressive. Not so. The Dunkirk scenes in the book were detailed and convincing. Sadly the same can't be said of the film.

Then there was Kierra Knightly, who's accent could have come straight out of Monty Python. And the ending was completely different to the book. Similar outcome (for those who've read the book and/or seen the film you'll know what I mean) but a completely different way of getting there. Motivated by cost-cutting, no doubt.

It's a few years since I read the book, so my memories of it aren't that fresh. In other words, reading the book didn't spoil my experience of the film. No it was the film itself that did that.

Dear little innocent Moi. Let me put the important parts in bold for you.

I hope you get it now because I wont draw you a picture ;)

Got it the first time darling. Just didn't think it was funny! Hope that in your next incarnation you are born a woman!

Roughly translated my "huh?" meant "You dork, are you a twelve year old boy who has just had a sex education lesson about female bodies?" :Connie_threaten: :Connie_threaten:

Got it the first time darling. Just didn't think it was funny! Hope that in your next incarnation you are born a woman!

Roughly translated my "huh?" meant "You dork, are you a twelve year old boy who has just had a sex education lesson about female bodies?" :Connie_threaten: :Connie_threaten:

Typical women really. They say something and mean something else. Every woman should come with a dictionary so that we can understand you ;)

And the sex education lessons I've had consisted of cartoon movies harmless enough so even the smalles kids could watch them. So can you blame me for being a little childish?

And I absolutely refuse to be reincarnated as a woman. It would be a punishment that I didn't deserve.

Typical women really. They say something and mean something else. Every woman should come with a dictionary so that we can understand you ;)

And the sex education lessons I've had consisted of cartoon movies harmless enough so even the smalles kids could watch them. So can you blame me for being a little childish?

And I absolutely refuse to be reincarnated as a woman. It would be a punishment that I didn't deserve.

Only men who have been really really good get to be reincarnated as women! :laugh2:

Rise of the foot soldier, avoid.............................OTT

Was billed as Goodfellas comes to Essex........................really???

Each to his own. I thought it was excellent.

Doesn't help to compare it with Goodfellas though.