Last Movie You Watched

Each to his own. I thought it was excellent.

Doesn't help to compare it with Goodfellas though.

It could have been good, it had all the ingredients with a great story to tell, but I thought it went over the top.

The scene with millwall on the tube station being a prime example., I like a bit more realism, but as you say each to his own.

You will be amazed to read that yesterday I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. A friend who was taking her grandchild asked me to go with them, and, out of the goodness of my heart, I agreed to go with them to what I imagined was going to be an excruciatingly boring experience.

It was wonderful! I can thoroughly recommend it. The evil peacock was fantastic. I don't know what the dialogue will be like in English, because I saw the French version, but in that the dialogue was very witty, so I imagine it must be in the original too.

They'll have to cut out a few voulez-vous for the English version.

I'm currently watching "28 Days Later" for the first time, and it's halfway through. My prediction is that a Yank like Matthew McConaughey or Will Smith will arrive in SW6 with a either a vaccine or a neutron bomb, eliminate all the zombies, and London will return to its former glory. Spurs will be immune, leading to their humane disposal.

I've had a go at Kristen Stewart's recent and older work, recently. I watched "Welcome to the Rileys" and "The Runaways", which both were really good. She's such a talented actress (and beautiful). Doesn't seem able to make a bad picture, even though I haven't seen the Twilights.

"Adventureland" is also an amazing movie by her. I guess I've got a good old fashioned celebrity crush...

Edited by Eagle Owl

I've had a go at Kristen Stewart's recent and older work, recently. I watched "Welcome to the Rileys" and "The Runaways", which both were really good. She's such a talented actress (and beautiful). Doesn't seem able to make a bad picture, even though I haven't seen the Twilights.

"Adventureland" is also an amazing movie by her. I guess I've got a good old fashioned celebrity crush...

Know what you mean, after I had seen Elisha Cuthbert in The Girl Next Door I just had to see more of her movies haha :D

OK, I've got Transformers 2 here, but I'm a bit scared to watch it, is it really that bad? I'm worried I'm going

to waste my time.

Transformers 2 is appalling. I thought it was great when I first came out of the cinema, but every time I thought about it it got worse and worse and worse. The first one is really good though, and I'm yet to see the 3rd.

I watched The Social Network again last night, absolutely brilliant film. I didn't realise how loud the music/score was, and sometimes it was really hard to understand the already fast-talking Eisenberg, but I still really, really loved it.

I've seen the first half of The Book of Eli too, enjoying it so far, but it was around 1am when I watched it so I was falling asleep, will watch the rest of it tonight.

Transformers 2 is appalling. I thought it was great when I first came out of the cinema, but every time I thought about it it got worse and worse and worse. The first one is really good though, and I'm yet to see the 3rd.

I watched The Social Network again last night, absolutely brilliant film. I didn't realise how loud the music/score was, and sometimes it was really hard to understand the already fast-talking Eisenberg, but I still really, really loved it.

I've seen the first half of The Book of Eli too, enjoying it so far, but it was around 1am when I watched it so I was falling asleep, will watch the rest of it tonight.

I own the first Transformers movie, as I really enjoyed it. The 2nd one I turned off 10 minutes into the film as it was just awful. I will not be seeing the third.

Just got done watching "Two Days" tonight on Netflix. Paul Rudd, Adam Scott, and some other actors you might recognize in a very low-budget drama from around 8 years ago, before either of them were really getting roles. The movie is about Rudd's character's decision to kill himself in 2 days, and him hiring a film crew to document his last hours on Earth. I enjoyed it, had some great lines and also some funny parts, but I also had trouble identifying with the "why" of suicide. I know it's a real problem (one of my best friends killed himself around 2 years ago) but the movie didn't really do a good enough job of letting you see why he felt the malaise that he did. Still, I enjoyed it, and it was only about 90 minutes long, which is a plus when you have a lot of stuff to get done, haha.

Have just come back from seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 for the second time. It really is superb. The end of my childhood in film form. The first time I saw it I was too traumatised that it was the end to fully focus on it, the second time I was thinking far clearer and the film is actually brilliant. Still cried both times, mind.

The end of my childhood in film form.

Be glad your childhood in film form didn't end like mine. First Lucas had to ruin the original trilogy by endlessly fiddling with it and adding stuff to it. Those are not the movies I loved as a kid anymore. Then he had to ruin it all by doing the terrible prequel trilogy, which meant he just had to go and make further needless (although little) changes to the original trilogy. And then for good measure, he just decided to piss all over the legacy of Indiana Jones with the fourth movie.