Romford Pele

Last Movie You Watched

Indeed! The Usual Suspects is superb. He also had a minor role in See No Evil Hear No Evil which is a very funny film with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor as a deaf man and a blind man.

The Usual Suspects, Se7en, Moon.

The list is long :)

Se7en! One of my favourite films of all time. I didn't care for Moon though. The first time I watched it I thought it was superb. I watched it again, however, I found it a bit tedious and dull.

Speaking of Spacey, I saw "Horrible Bosses" over the weekend and enjoyed it a lot, can't wait to see Harry Potter though!

I do hope that is young speak for "the greatest"! Otherwise you are in trouble, young Joe!! :laugh2:

It certainly is. Kevin Spacey is one of the greatest actors I have had the privilege of watching. He is pretty much the pinnacle of every film he is in.

Have you ever seen K-Pax?

K-Pax is a brilliant film. I still want to believe he is from K-Pax!

By the way, strangely enough, I miss your old avatar! (I said such rude things about him initially, then I grew to be fond of him, and now he's gone!)

Drag me to Hell

Not the best story, with only a few genuinely scary moments, but ultimately you get what you're looking for which is this.

I really like that film! The story isn't the best, but it does keep the tension up a lot of the way through, and it's one of those films where you jump a mile, and then laugh a second later. It's really good.

I really like that film! The story isn't the best, but it does keep the tension up a lot of the way through, and it's one of those films where you jump a mile, and then laugh a second later. It's really good.

I liked "Drag Me to Hell" too, especially the goat scene towards the end.

If you've seen it, you need to read the section of this article that pertains to it and how the movie really symbolizes eating disorders, blew my mind!:

6 Movies with Mind-blowing Hidden Meanings

Watch carefully, and you'll notice that the movie treats Christine's demon problems like they aren't actually real

Thats something I wondered about while watching. Every time she got thrown around seemingly getting really banged up, the very next shot, she's perfectly fine without a scratch on her.

I guess that's the whole point of a horror/comedy and maybe I missed that.

Edited by footballoholic

I liked "Drag Me to Hell" too, especially the goat scene towards the end.

If you've seen it, you need to read the section of this article that pertains to it and how the movie really symbolizes eating disorders, blew my mind!:

6 Movies with Mind-blowing Hidden Meanings

That's crazy! I've seen a few things on Cracked that are brilliant with movies. This was one of the first things I ever saw of theirs, it's still superb, if you've seen Back To The Future (which I'm sure you have) you should see this:

http://www.cracked.com/video_18203_why-back-to-future-secretly-horrifying.html

Thats something I wondered about while watching. Every time she got thrown around seemingly getting really banged up, the very next shot, she's perfectly fine without a scratch on her.

A bit like Jack Bauer in 24 then... I always think of that as just sh*tty film-making (and I mean sh*tty in the old-fashioned sense of piss-poor!)

I guess that's the whole point of a horror/comedy and maybe I missed that.

I think it's true, most if not all of her demon attacks were in her head until possibly the last one. In the dinner scene (when the weird fluid comes out of the cake) she's freaking out and her boyfriend and his parents are really confused. Isn't there a giant bee/wasp in that scene? I forget, but yeah, a lot of it was all in her head.

That's crazy! I've seen a few things on Cracked that are brilliant with movies. This was one of the first things I ever saw of theirs, it's still superb, if you've seen Back To The Future (which I'm sure you have) you should see this:

http://www.cracked.com/video_18203_why-back-to-future-secretly-horrifying.html

Haha, I remember seeing that Back to the Future video before but had forgotten most of what they talked about, it is brilliant that super famous movies like that often are just full of plot holes, especially ones that involve time travel (thinking about how John Connor came to be born in the Terminator series makes my head hurt).

Cracked is definitely one of my favorite sites to visit (honestly it's probably just behind this site, facebook and my gmail account) and while some of their articles are pretty "meh", they usually have great ones about films.

That cracked video is excellent, it really is a belting site. I watched Smokin Aces last night, for the 2nd time. Brilliant little film.

Glengarry Glenross - Brilliant film, lots of big names for a film about a salesman's life. Dialogue heavy throughout, yet not bored for a second. The dialogue is clever, vicious, and occasionally even a little funny - more 'f**k you's' than you can shake a stick at.

Intense - theatrical style - they don't make em like that anymore.

Looking forward to Battleship (2012) - Rihanna in a movie, yum

Battleship? Seriously? A movie based on a pen and paper game created by a couple of bored math geeks! Obviously(I've seen the trailer) the movie has as little as possible to do with the actual game(no Top Gun Pilots fighting Transformers type robot spaceships in the game), but that doesn't stop them cashing in on the name. Did I just write that? Cash in on the name of BATTLESHIP? This is the state Hollywood is in at the moment. No one is willing to invest in an original idea and this is what they try to sell us. It seems like a mish mash of some of the most tired clichés in action movies clumped together, but that doesn't matter because it's a name that people recognize. And they'll recognize Rihanna's name as well and that's what they're counting on. To quote Johnny Rotten: "ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"