Last Movie You Watched

went to the cinema last night after work with the wife, bit of a spur of the moment thing. looked at the choices and times only recognised Guy Richies new film but heard that it had been slated.............so turned round, left and spent the evening in the bar next door.

which was nice.

Having been without telly or DVDs ever since I got back home - for technical reasons which I will not go into (mainly because I don't understand them) - I watched two films tonight to celebrate the return to working order of my DVD player.

The first was God On Trial - a brilliantly scripted drama about a group of Jews in Auschwitz who decided to put God on trial for breaking his covenant with them. Anthony Sher, Jack Shepherd, Eddie Marsan, Rupert Graves and Dominic Cooper (and many others) all acted superbly. There was no mawkish sentimentality, no overacting. If you appreciate good dialogue and logical arguments, you will enjoy this film. If you like an action film, watch the next one:

After a half hour break to cook myself some grub, I decided to watch The Damned United with Michael Sheen playing Brian Clough and Timothy Spall playing Peter Taylor.

I'm old enough to remember Brian Clough, and I used to find him truly irritating because of his smugness, but this film was excellent. Interspersed with real extracts from football interviews and football matches from the late sixties to mid seventies, it gave an accurate flavour of the times. Michael Sheen really has to be one of the finest British actors, who can totally BE the person he is acting.

Watch it and decide for yourselves.

Just saw Twilight, and I thought that I would hate it, since it was such a cult classic with the 20 somethings. I was surprised to say that I found it very well done, and I am looking forward to seeing the sequel (I think there will also be a third movie as well, but I am not sure about that).

Saw Desperate Measures, starring Mel Gibson, and it was OK (had all of the typical cliches and plot twists that annoy me).

Just saw Twilight, and I thought that I would hate it, since it was such a cult classic with the 20 somethings. I was surprised to say that I found it very well done, and I am looking forward to seeing the sequel

Phillip, you're scaring me.

Twilight - well done?

Vampires that glitter in the sunlight?

:rolleyes:

I watched "Goodfellas" last night. Must have been maybe 15 years ago I saw it last time. I had forgotten alot about it's story so it was like watching it for the first time. Damn it is great. If The Godfather is the best movie about the maffia, then Goodfellas must be 2nd on that list (or atleast top-3).

The story and the actors are brilliant. The best is Joe Pesci (he got an Oscar for it even) as Tommy DeVito. The best he's ever done.

I might have forgotten the story but I remember Pesci as DeVito. That character is rememberable. Crazy, violent and explosive. One wrong word and he can bash your brains in. In every scene were he is "funny" one can almost feel that everyone who is laughing is doing so only because they are scared to death of DeVito.

Great movie.

P.S. I had totally forgotten that Samuel L. Jackson was in it. Nice surprise to see him turn up.

I watched "Goodfellas" last night. Must have been maybe 15 years ago I saw it last time. I had forgotten alot about it's story so it was like watching it for the first time. Damn it is great. If The Godfather is the best movie about the maffia, then Goodfellas must be 2nd on that list (or atleast top-3).

The story and the actors are brilliant. The best is Joe Pesci (he got an Oscar for it even) as Tommy DeVito. The best he's ever done.

I might have forgotten the story but I remember Pesci as DeVito. That character is rememberable. Crazy, violent and explosive. One wrong word and he can bash your brains in. In every scene were he is "funny" one can almost feel that everyone who is laughing is doing so only because they are scared to death of DeVito.

Great movie.

P.S. I had totally forgotten that Samuel L. Jackson was in it. Nice surprise to see him turn up.

I watched this last week and had never seen it. Loved it

Great movie.

That is an excellent movie.

O.K., the glittering vampire was a bit much. Also, I liked Kung Pow Cow much more than Twilight.

Just saw Twilight, and I thought that I would hate it, since it was such a cult classic with the 20 somethings. I was surprised to say that I found it very well done, and I am looking forward to seeing the sequel (I think there will also be a third movie as well, but I am not sure about that).

Given the choice of Let The Right One In and 30 Days of Night, you choose Twilight?!

The first film is watchable, but don't be so excited for the 2nd one. Absolutely nothing happens.

Thanks, Ruh Buh Juh. Someone else told me that exact same thing that you said about the sequel, New Moon, a total snore-fest. Twilight was showing on our Satellite movie channel, and so I watched it. I will see Let The Right One In and 30 Days of Night, but I will have to go to the movie rental store and get them (not today, since we had 17 cm of snow last night).

Still with no TV, I accepted an invitation to friends' house to watch a DVD tonight. Big mistake. When you're in someone else's sitting room you can't switch the machine off.

Samuel L. Jackson - No Good Deed - I knew after 10 minutes that I was going to be bored out of my skull. And nothing happened in the next 90 minutes to prove me wrong. Implausible plot, ridiculous characters and appalling acting.

It's from 2002, so you clearly won't be seeing it at the cinema, but if it's on telly, switch over to another channel!