What are you listening to?

8 hours ago, ddrblue said:

Since chelsea did not conceed any goals tonight cfc 0 seville 0 i let you all into this little gem from yonks back . Great song and a great video and you just dont see mens haircuts/styles like this anymore > Tenpole Tudor > swords of thousand men > 

Brilliant song . Takes me back🍻

Just not long listened to it, will have this song in my head all day at work now😀

Edited by erskblue
1 hour ago, erskblue said:

From the sa,e music era. Adam and The Ants with ‘ Stand And Deliver’.
My old man summed this song up with two words.
The second word was ‘Rubbish !’
The first word isn’t suitable for posting, but  begins with an F !😀 

Adam and ants > ant music > you cut off his head and his legs come looking for you > unplug that duke box  and do us all a favour ,that music lost its taste so try another flavour >   Two lines that song alone that drew me into Adam ant . I bought his first album kings of the wild frontier ,but i never crossed over to deeming womens make up or dressing up like upside down xmass tree as i was never into it that much .

Watched this channel 4 documentry on Paul heaton last night , its more than interesting just to help you Get into and try to understand the mind set of great lyric/ song writers as it seems he was setting him sen up from his School days by writting everything down and keep records of all the written text > which inturn helped him with his lyrics todate . 

the house martins was playing In  a Free pop festival in sc**thorpe just after the miners strike era > sc**thorpe been close local  rivals to my Home town donny . That documentry had been on the TV about the ICF and cass penant ,and weeks later i was a front room with 4 other donny mates when we came up with the name of doncaster defence regiment ( ddr ) for our smallish mob . We was all from doncaster > we seemed to be defending doncaster every other saturday > regiment ,because some of us was in the TA . 

i ran a private coach to the concert in scunny and the name ddr had only been out a month or so ,no social media or mobile phones just Word of mouth > during the concert  whilst the housemartins was playing there was a punch up between 20+ ddr lads and the scunny mob for all to see ,i was deeming a chelsea sun hat and all i could hear was the scunny lot shouting ‘’ the ddr are here ‘’ i had to think about that since i could not fully take in how the name ddr was known at scunny in such short time and for sure the ddr was not pulling up any trees .

after the concert my coach load was still in this empty field in front of stage  playing football ,when Paul heaton came out on the stage , he clocked the chelsea sun hat and asked us to throw upto him > and the cheeky trucker wiped his arse on it and passed it back to us ,then he passed comment on that he had birds eye view of what the ddr had been upto infront of his stage and we had a good laugh about it .

funny thing was there was a fleet of buses from doncaster run by south yorkshire transport to this gig ,and every SYT bus had its Windows put in via bricks as the small convoy drove out of scunny > my coach drove by and and was the only donny bus/coach not to Get touched .

My tenpole tudor comment about their hair styles brought me straight to sharing in my humble opinion another little gem for ya’ all to have a gander at . I have never been a rock a Billy by a country mile ,but this track turned my head as soon as i heard on the wireless yonks back 

the Stray cats > runaway boy > the haircuts are just bang on and i type of dig their dress Code > 

34 minutes ago, Boyne said:

I have never heard of Holwin Wolf knowingly before ,but when i clocked the black/white photo ofa black gent with what seems singing i just knew that the track would be well worth its salt and my time . You will find it hard to find any track from a black artist male/ female from that period not to be a foot tapper when you first play them .many black people was just born to sing ,but i do pitty what the black culture is doing to its own culture today via the message it spews out today via the term of rap > and it sounds pure sshhittee aswell ,likes of Mr,Howlin wolf must be turning in their graves .

21 hours ago, ddrblue said:

Adam and ants > ant music > you cut off his head and his legs come looking for you > unplug that duke box  and do us all a favour ,that music lost its taste so try another flavour >   Two lines that song alone that drew me into Adam ant . I bought his first album kings of the wild frontier ,but i never crossed over to deeming womens make up or dressing up like upside down xmass tree as i was never into it that much .

It is the only Adam and The Ants Song I actually remember .

20 hours ago, ddrblue said:

My tenpole tudor comment about their hair styles brought me straight to sharing in my humble opinion another little gem for ya’ all to have a gander at . I have never been a rock a Billy by a country mile ,but this track turned my head as soon as i heard on the wireless yonks back 

the Stray cats > runaway boy > the haircuts are just bang on and i type of dig their dress Code > 

Classic song.Just liked it.
Like quite a few songs from back then, I was never a big fan of many of the actual bands, but if I liked the song, I went and bought the single.

Edited by erskblue
19 hours ago, ddrblue said:

I have never heard of Holwin Wolf knowingly before ,but when i clocked the black/white photo ofa black gent with what seems singing i just knew that the track would be well worth its salt and my time . You will find it hard to find any track from a black artist male/ female from that period not to be a foot tapper when you first play them .many black people was just born to sing ,but i do pitty what the black culture is doing to its own culture today via the message it spews out today via the term of rap > and it sounds pure sshhittee aswell ,likes of Mr,Howlin wolf must be turning in their graves .

I love listening to the likes of Howlin' Wold, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and going back a bit to people such as Robert Johnson and Blind Willie McTell. Throw in those from Jazz and Gospel e.g. Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Mahalia Jackson. Then there is my favourite female singer, Billie Holiday. I'm biased but I think that Blues music is the most influential of the 20th century and Soul, Rock and Roll etc has it's roots in the blues. I try and listen to all types of music but I find rap, hip hop soulless and lacking emotion. Perhaps it's just me.

Another Howlin' Wolf track. From the London Sessions album. On the album was Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts. An impressive line-up.

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

I love listening to the likes of Howlin' Wold, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and going back a bit to people such as Robert Johnson and Blind Willie McTell. Throw in those from Jazz and Gospel e.g. Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Mahalia Jackson. Then there is my favourite female singer, Billie Holiday. I'm biased but I think that Blues music is the most influential of the 20th century and Soul, Rock and Roll etc has it's roots in the blues. I try and listen to all types of music but I find rap, hip hop soulless and lacking emotion. Perhaps it's just me.

Another Howlin' Wolf track. From the London Sessions album. On the album was Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts. An impressive line-up.

I have heard of muddy waters before as my blues music knowlodge is quite limited as i never really went down the blues Road Even thou every time i hear a blues track i will tap my feet . Hip hop and rap today is pure rotten as it sounds bad aswell as sending out the wrong message > malcom MCLaren  must be turning in his grave from the hip hop that he helped bring to the World in the early 1980s ,this was hip hop in its early form and its a far higher standard than todays efforts > Malcom MClaren> buffalo gals > 

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

The Long and Winding Road by The Beatles. 

The Beatles were never my cup of tea at all and i still cant listen to any of them today sorry to say . When i was much younger i could not stand them and i put that down to me been interested in the sex pistols as that was my bench mark . Back then i turned my ears off too many different types of music but throu age my ears are casting a far bigger net onto my now many many music likes . But i still dont like the Beatles what so ever . When john Lennon was shot i did not bat a eye lid but that was two parts ,one part been a former beatle and other part his slideshow Yoko and what a dog she was > clocking her and him in a hotel room butt naked for all the World to see put me off my tea > tea up NORTH is dinner time to you cockneys > breakfast time ,dinner time ,tea time ,supper time . 

On 21/10/2020 at 07:09, erskblue said:

From the sa,e music era. Adam and The Ants with ‘ Stand And Deliver’.
My old man summed this song up with two words.
The second word was ‘Rubbish !’
The first word isn’t suitable for posting, but  begins with an F !😀 

My Mrs was a massive Adam & the Ants fan but your old man was spot on!!

19 hours ago, ddrblue said:

The Beatles were never my cup of tea at all and i still cant listen to any of them today sorry to say . When i was much younger i could not stand them and i put that down to me been interested in the sex pistols as that was my bench mark . Back then i turned my ears off too many different types of music but throu age my ears are casting a far bigger net onto my now many many music likes . But i still dont like the Beatles what so ever . When john Lennon was shot i did not bat a eye lid but that was two parts ,one part been a former beatle and other part his slideshow Yoko and what a dog she was > clocking her and him in a hotel room butt naked for all the World to see put me off my tea > tea up NORTH is dinner time to you cockneys > breakfast time ,dinner time ,tea time ,supper time . 

I admit to being a Beatles fan. Sorry !   My old man wasn’t that keen on them. He did like Paul McCartneys music though, for some reason.

He liked The Rolling Stones and  I remember him telling me to watch a documentary on them on bbc2 when I was about 13.