What are you listening to?

Good choice, Mikstaw!! Amy MacDonald is a superb singer/songwriter, AND she's not bad looking either! :D

Stumbled accross the latest Avenged Sevenfold album, Nightmare, and I love it, even with out The Rev (the drummer, he passed away in December, RIP), who was among the best drummers of my generation.

Nightmare

It seems that no one has put any others on YouTube, but you should have a look at Fiction and Danger Line, if you're into this genre.

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh

Rolling Stones - Beat Beat Beat at The BEEB 1963 - 1965

fantastic bootleg album that can be downloaded here (scroll down to where it says "repost").

from the back cover:

This 2-CD set comprises the long lost session recordings the Rolling Stones made for the BBC between 1963-1965. They are in chronological order and are as complete as possible. Every effort was made to track down the best sources, be it from the BBC archives or from avid fans who taped shows off the radio in the early '60's. This was necessary since the BBC itself erased most of it's programmes, as in those days they were not considered worthwhile for preservation! These tapes were equalised, de-noised, de-clicked and speed corrected in order to make the overall sound-quality as perfect as can be. For your pleasure. Enjoy!

track list:

CD 1:

1. Come On

2. Memphis Tennesee

3. Roll Over Beethoven

4. Ain't That Loving You Baby

5. Don't Lie To Me

6. Mona

7. Walking The Dog

8. Bye Bye Johnny

9. I Wanna Be Your Man

10. You Better Move On

11. Roll Over Beethoven

12. Beautiful Delilah

13. Route 66

14. Cops And Robbers

15. You Better Move On

16. Mona

17. Hi-Heel Sneakers

18. Little By Little

19. I Just Wanna Make Love To You

20. I'm Moving On

21. Not Fade Away

22. Walking The Dog

23. I Just Wanna Make Love To You

24. Beautiful Delilah

25. Hi-Heel Sneakers

26. Carol

CD2:

1. Meet Me At The Bottom

2. You Can Make It If You Try

3. Route 66

4. Confessin' The Blues

5. Down The Road Apiece

6. It's All Over Now

7. If You Need Me

8. Confessin' The Blues

9. Carol

10. Mona

11. Around And Around

12. If You Need Me

13. I Can't Be Satsfied

14. Crackin' Up

15. 2120 South Michigan Avenue

16. Down The Road Apiece

17. interview

18. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

19. The Last Time

20. Mercy Mercy

21. Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin')

22. The Spider And The Fly

23. Satisfaction

24. Cry To Me

25. Fanny Mae

Fair enough. If you enjoy that kind of thing that site is full to the brim of top-quality unreleased live shows. Highly recommended. :)

i've got a feeling i might well be paying a return visit or ten.

i found the site completely by chance. i was actually searching for "beat beat beat" which was a German TV series from the '60s featuring various bands in concert. i'd found dead links for the Kinks and Stones editions, so searched again and came across the Stones - Beat Beat Beat at the Beeb!

I'm listening to the new Arcade Fire album on the NPR website:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?story*d=128878239&sc=fb&cc=fmp

Not too sure about it yet. I need to listen to it a few more times... :music:

I'm pretty impressed by it to be honest seems a bit more upbeat than some of their other work. Big fan of the title track as well as 'Ready to Start'

I'm pretty impressed by it to be honest seems a bit more upbeat than some of their other work. Big fan of the title track as well as 'Ready to Start'

The production is more polished than it's been on the previous albums and I'm not yet sure if it's a good thing. There aren't any real stand out songs for me, but that could be a good thing in the long run. Maybe it's just a solid album. I'll just have to wait and see...umm, listen.