What are you listening to?

I'm listening to The Cinematic Orchestra's album "Man With a Movie Camera"

It's a new(well, it was new in 2001) soundtrack to Dziga Vertov's silent movie "Man With a Movie Camera"(1929).

It's an awesome film. Way ahead of its time and the new soundtrack fits it so well. If you can find the movie with The Cinematic Orchestra's soundtrack, I highly recommend giving it a chance. I've seen it once with some other soundtrack, which wasn't as good as The Cinematic Orchestra's version, but it was alright.

The vastly under-rated Terry Reid in concert at Glastonbury in 1971 (were you the one with the motor bike, YorkleyBlue?), with the multi-talented and gorgeous Linda Lewis. This is f*ckin' brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxwRYx3Mk7E

Not me guv! I was hitching everywhere in those days

For the outstanding member formerly known as TW, Britain's finest export to Sweden

Thank you Moi, only 67 days left until I get to see FJM live (have seen him before but then in the Fleet Foxes)

Steve, I'm officially considered a political refugee.

And for the pair of you

Edited by G4 Squared

I'll definitely be picking that up when it comes out. I still remember my first time watching Anesthetize dvd/blu-ray and was lost for words. It blew me away. Most bands don't sound as good live as they do in their studio releases but that isn't that case at all with Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree. They sound even better live. By the way, what are your thoughts on Gavin Harrison?

I'll definitely be picking that up when it comes out. I still remember my first time watching Anesthetize dvd/blu-ray and was lost for words. It blew me away. Most bands don't sound as good live as they do in their studio releases but that isn't that case at all with Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree. They sound even better live. By the way, what are your thoughts on Gavin Harrison?

The best drummer in the world. First saw him with PT in 2003 and was astounded at the sound he produced. Saying that Marco Minnemann is who is playing with SW on the Grace for Drowning tour is not so bad, different style though.

Fantastic drummer, but the best? I don't know about that... For me the title goes to Bill Bruford, but that may be because I absolutely love King Crimson. But then again, Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, Carl Palmer, John Bonham, Dave Lombardo, Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Bill Ward, and we could go on and on, very tough competition.