What are you listening to?

Norman The Gambler

If there is band I wish made only instrumental songs (or changed their singer) is Mars Volta.

The Mars Volta are one of my all time favorite bands. When I first started listening to them I couldn't stand Cedric's voice but over time it grew on me and now I think he is perfectly suited to their style of music. It took me quite some time to get used to it though that's for sure.

TMV are right up there with Tool in my opinion.

Their lyrics might not be the best, but the songs they make are fantastic otherwise. Also they have written a song about our CL win long before it happened ;)

http://youtu.be/Rxoc11weJRQ

If there is band I wish made only instrumental songs (or changed their singer) is Mars Volta.

Gotta disagree on both counts. Compositionally, they're a mess. They're all very good musicians, but very poor songwriters.

As for TMV, whilst I don't like them as much as I liked At The Drive-In, I love Cedric. His vocals on One Armed Scissor are some of my all time favorites.

Speaking of which...

Do you know T.R.A.M.?

Adrian Terrazas (The Mars Volta)

Javier Reyes (Animals As Leaders)

Tosin Abasi (Animals As Leaders)

Eric Moore (Suicidal Tendencies)

http://youtu.be/jAbP9gE_sgI

Amazing.

I haven't heard of them until just now but will definitely give it a listen. Lineup looks interesting.

Gotta disagree on both counts. Compositionally, they're a mess. They're all very good musicians, but very poor songwriters.

As for TMV, whilst I don't like them as much as I liked At The Drive-In, I love Cedric. His vocals on One Armed Scissor are some of my all time favorites.

Speaking of which...

You're absolutely spot on about Dream Theater.

Personally I prefer TMV over ATDI though I still listen to both bands. That's a great song by the way.