Lofty's Wall of Sound - What are you listening to?

Norman The Gambler
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 2 weeks later...

Can it possibly be TWO whole years since I heard you?  That's ridiculous!  I'll be listening tonight!

Thanks a lot Moi, we did it from home a couple of times on some online thing but it was really buggy, it's been two years since I've been on the uni radio though.

Thanks a lot Moi, we did it from home a couple of times on some online thing but it was really buggy, it's been two years since I've been on the uni radio though.

You were definitely on the university radio when I listened - I could see you smoking your prototypes!  I was consumed with envy!

No worries Moi, security wouldn't let us or any other radio hosts in the building! What a load of sh*t that was.

Blimey!!  Why?

(Curses, I could have pretended I tried and tried to get connected!)

Blimey!!  Why?

(Curses, I could have pretended I tried and tried to get connected!)

Well the radio studio is located in the students' union, which is also home to an '02 Academy', in which they hold theme nights (usually very naff - R&B night or Queen tribute band, etc.). If the back door isn't open and the people from the previous show aren't in the studio (which they weren't because security wouldn't let them in either) then we have to rely entirely on being able to talk our way past the security at the front of the 02 Academy. Unfortunately if you get some fat bearded jobsworth (like we did) you're a bit screwed and your half-hour walk through the cold was for nothing. All I can say is that I hope he supports West Ham.

Really it's the fault of the people who run the student radio - I've been on at them for years (literally) to get this sorted and they haven't lifted a finger.to fix the problem. All the student union types (without exception by my experience) are entirely worthless; I call them 'CV padders'.

Edited by PloKoon13

Really it's the fault of the people who run the student radio - I've been on at them for years (literally) to get this sorted and they haven't lifted a finger.to fix the problem. All the student union types (without exception by my experience) are entirely worthless; I call them 'CV padders'.

Some things never change. It was the same when I was at university millions of years ago. All student union officials were pompous prats. They loved the sound of their own voice.