Arsenal / Fabregas

Nibs
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

You had to laugh last night. Arsenal back in the game and looking good value after the early bit of nightmare keeping by Fabianski only for some more keystone cops type defending / keeping to hand Porto a winner on a plate. And after that Henry goal against us a few seasons back it was a case of what goes around comes around.

But what struck me more was when they interviewed Fabregas after the match and how totally fed up he seemed. I think it’s now pretty certain that he will leave Arsenal at the end of the season and how about us nipping in through the back door to sign him?

I know he has been very loyal to Arsenal and Wenger and he has criticised our style of football in the past. It is also widely publicised that he would like to return to Barca or failing that go to Real Madrid. But I don’t think he’d be guaranteed a place every week at Barca and if he is happy in England - especially in London, I reckon we could persuade him to sign for us. To play in a side where he had a quality defence and keeper behind him and great strikers ahead of him with Lamps and Essien alongside him and knowing that he would win things. Lamps will probably be good for two more seasons at most and in Fabregas we would have his ready made replacement.

I think Fabregas is the currently the best midfielder in the premier league and yet on the other thread for top 50 earners in world football, his name isn’t even on the list. Two names which are on that list – Ballack & Deco (£5.6M & £5.2M respectively). So we say goodbye to Ballack & Deco and pay Fabregas £125,000k a week (£6.5M) and save ourselves £4.3 in year in wages.

We get a great player who hasn't yet rteached his peak and we piss off Wenger and all the Arsenal fans at the same time. We could even let them have Kalou!

Sorted!

Its decision like these that make my head spin.

On the one hand, he's a right tosser.

On the other, he can really kick a ball.

Doubtless he'd slot right into our midfield and would certainly win trophies with us. Xavi is still only 30 (Jeezus he's been around forever hasn't he?) so yeah it's unlikely that Fabregas will get games so often.

Would I sign him? Yes. But with a heavy heart (and blue-tinged glasses).

hes obviously a good player, but i thought he was a disgrace last night and is rapidly becoming a cheating little f**ker. he makes the most of every tackle and is constantly trying to influence the ref, and was at it again last night. the commentators were saying he was being kicked all over the place, but all the replays showed weer normal fouls embelished by this cheating little cheap shot merchant. didnt kick the little f**ker hard enough in my opinion.

hes obviously a good player, but i thought he was a disgrace last night and is rapidly becoming a cheating little f**ker. he makes the most of every tackle and is constantly trying to influence the ref, and was at it again last night. the commentators were saying he was being kicked all over the place, but all the replays showed weer normal fouls embelished by this cheating little cheap shot merchant. didnt kick the little f**ker hard enough in my opinion.

One or two of the Porto players were a lot worse to be fair. Rolling about when hardly touched then waving imaginary cards at the ref.

What dicky said!

Fabregas is a nasty little cheating diving f**ker, and I hold him in the same contempt as Stevie me. But then, there are some people in here who would have that nasty dipper in our team as well.

people, people, people! If nothing else in life, you must have standards. cheating f**kers like that have no place in my Chelsea!

I thank you

kev

people, people, people! If nothing else in life, you must have standards. cheating f**kers like that have no place in my Chelsea!

So no Fabregas but okay with Robben, Deco, Drogba etc?!!

One or two of the Porto players were a lot worse to be fair. Rolling about when hardly touched then waving imaginary cards at the ref.

not talking about Porto players though, this thread is about the diving w**ker Fabregas.

He is a superb talent, no doubt about it, but he's in a very similar mould to Stephen Ireland. We could get Ireland for half the price Fabregas would cost us, and though Ireland isn't as good as Fabregas, he could certainly be a cracking little player under Frank's guidance. If we believe this £70million spending money, then the money we'd save on getting Ireland over Fabregas would go a long way in securing someone like Aguero.

Got to say I wouldn't be averse to Ireland. He is weird, thick and a complete Chav, but I sort of like him now, and most importantly there's no doubt that he is a very handy player on his day. I also liked the stories of him doing serious cardio work in the off season, as it shows a player willing to put the work in, a la Frank, to become the best.

If Carlo were interested, I wouldn't say no.

Robben don't play for us, Deco I'll give you, but don't agree about Drogba. I think you've bought into the bollox spread by the red tops and the bin-dippers

I was just talking about cheating players we have had in recent years and Robben is the worst of them IMO.

And Drogba has imporved a lot, no doubt. But he still has the odd slip back to his old self. Like last seasons champions leaue game at the Bridge against the Dippers when he was "injured" & rolling about off the pitch and then managed to roll back onto the pitch to attract attention!!!

That's fair enough Nibs, but we are talking about diving. Fabregas, Stevie Me, Cronaldo when he was in england all dive to gain free-kicks or penalties with NO contact at all. Deco does that and I don't justify that.

Robben when he was with us used to grossly exaggerate any contact,particularly round the chin area, but rarely went over without ANY contact. Drogs rolls around as if someone had put a chainsaw up his ass after the slightest foul tackle, and that now costs us several free-kicks per match because referees ignore it. But, again, he doesn't go over without ANY contact.

That was my point. And, I give you Deco. Please, please,please take him! Please! You must have some gardening work to be done or some errands or something!

I agree about Drogs and the dipper match though!

I agree with pretty much all of that YB (although I still won't take your offer of Deco!)

Don't get me wrong, in the past I have hated Fabregas. There have been matches against us where thankfully we always seem to come out on top, but he has had run-ins with Lamps and I wanted to see the little Spanish c**t hurt and badly!

But he has matured as a player to a fair extent - okay there are still a few dives and he's still a bit sneaky at times but then he does get kicked about a lot and he sometimes singlehandedly carries that Arsenal side. And any reservations I had about him would be easily cast to one side if we signed him. I think he really is that good and as I say, would solve the big problem we have coming up in the not too distant future when we have to replace Lamps.

Still, by then, looking at the way our youth team are going, we may have someone like McEachran or someone ready to make the step?

there is no mission fabregas would come to us. he has shown enough loyalty to arsenal over the past couple of seasons and the only place he would leave for is back to barca

no way would he be a bench player at barca, he might not be as tricky as iniesta but he has more end product than xavi and iniesta combined

he is without a doubt in my mind the best midfielder in the world and i would love him at chelsea regardless of his "antics" which every team in the world can be accused of every now and then.

but as i said before the chances are worse than zero

no way would he be a bench player at barca, he might not be as tricky as iniesta but he has more end product than xavi and iniesta combined

good god, do you even realise how wrong this is?

fabregas:

games - 30

goals - 14

assists - 17

xavi:

games - 36

goals - 6

iniesta:

games - 30

goals - 0

now i don't have their assist stats but unless they have 25 assists between them (which i doubt) then fabregas wipes the floor with the 2 of them. yea they open teams up with their distribution but so does fabregas, the difference being he gets up to finish the chance with a strike or the killer pass

messi last season scored or set up a goal in every league game last season. now i'm not sure if fabregas has done that but he is in excess of a goal or assist per game this season. outstanding player. the only thing that would keep him out of that team imo would be loyalty to xavi and iniesta

they were both awful last week against athletico and certainly wouldn't be untouchable on that performance

edit: though henry won't be a starter anymore and it may be the case that they push iniesta to the left wing which opens up a guaranteed spot for fabregas

Edited by sexelk

fabregas:

games - 30

goals - 14

assists - 17

xavi:

games - 36

goals - 6

iniesta:

games - 30

goals - 0

now i don't have their assist stats but unless they have 25 assists between them (which i doubt) then fabregas wipes the floor with the 2 of them. yea they open teams up with their distribution but so does fabregas, the difference being he gets up to finish the chance with a strike or the killer pass

messi last season scored or set up a goal in every league game last season. now i'm not sure if fabregas has done that but he is in excess of a goal or assist per game this season. outstanding player. the only thing that would keep him out of that team imo would be loyalty to xavi and iniesta

they were both awful last week against athletico and certainly wouldn't be untouchable on that performance

sorry, i didnt realise they had 1 bad game. they must be sh*t then.