Inter vs Chelsea (MOTM)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who was your MOTM against Inter (away)?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Inter (away)?

• Cech
    • Malouda
    • Terry
    • Carvalho
    • Ivanovic
    • Mikel
    • Lampard
    • Ballack
    • Drogba
    • Anelka
    • Kalou
    • Hilario
    • Sturridge

Ivan the only possible choice tonight. If every one had played with the sort of commitment he showed we would have come away with more than a 2-1 defeat.

Very disappointed with the midfield. Mikel once again showed he will NEVER be a Maka.

Lampard was ill at the weekend and he should have stayed on his sickbed for the contribution he made tonight.

Drogba took a brilliant free kick. And that was his contribution.

Sets it up very nicely for the second leg I guess.

I've actually lost my virginity and voted for Mikel for the first time ever, for encouragement purposes. I did this with Malouda a while ago and it seemed to work!

Thought Ivan showed his usual excellent commitment, and Malouda worth a mention, especially as he was touted as a potential weak link before kick off, I thought he did ok.

Gutted about Cech though

Went for Mikel. Can't see how Ivanovic can be MoTM when both their goals were down to him.

Sorry but the first goal was all JT. He got himself dragged out of position then made an absolutely huge mistake in allowing Milito to cut inside and get a completely unopposed shot in.

I also think with the second goal there were players more at fault, I think it was possibly Kalou and Ballack who did a really poor job of marking the people they were supposed to and just strolled back. Apologies if it wasn't Ballack by the way, I just know it was Kalou and another.

I agree that Mikel was great tonight though.

Edited by blizeH

I also thought Mikel played well. He had a lot of work to do due to us having to play Malouda at left back and him not understanding his duty to hang back when Ivan went forward and he had this addtional work to do on top of having to keep an eye of a very in form Sneijder.

yeah its f**king hilarious. ivan was nowhere a MOM today. both goals came from the right side.

Your comment is also f**king hilarious. So all of the previous goals that have came down the left hand side of the pitch are Ashley Cole's fault? I just love the way you talk as if the entire right side of the pitch is Ivanovic's responsibility, even if they've overloaded that side with players like they did with the second goal, and even if our centre back got himself dragged out wide and forced Ivan to cover on the inside for the first.

I sometimes wonder if I'm watching a different game to other people, in order I'd probably go something like:

Ivanovic > Mikel > Kalou > Malouda (all things considered) > Ballack > Carvalho > Drogba > Lampard > Terry > Anelka

Why people are singling out Mikel and Ballack for criticism I really have no idea.

Edited by blizeH

Went for Mikel. Can't see how Ivanovic can be MoTM when both their goals were down to him.

if you ask me it was mikel who was culpable for the second!

He just isn't good enough for games at this level. I couldn't belive it when he took

that shot with about 14 mins to go, i really wish he wouldn't bother. Still it only went 30 yards over and not the normal 60.

I voted for kalou , which is a first and fair play to him.

It was outrageous he was taken off over anelka.

You have to be joking?

JT totally at fault for that 1st goal (although Cech should have done better too).

Second goal, didn't Ivan block the first shot which was going at 100mph? And second goal, Mikel went to sleep and did his usual laid back jog whilst watching Inter players go past him.

And I also recall a very lazy back pass by Mikel in the second half when he wasn't looking which but for a flying saving tackle by (JT or Carvo?) would have cost us dear.

Oh yes sorry you're right, I just realised it was Mikel and not Ballack at fault for the second goal. Both players (very casually) let the men they were supposed to be marking go free, and yet people on here are blaming Ivanovic, unbelievable.

Very sad to say but Lucio really got the best of Drogba today, aside from that very awesome free kick I think Drogba was fairly quiet tonight. Hopefully he has a bit more joy at the bridge.