If you felt deflated at the weekend

BLUENUT

It puts a few things into perspective, I still remember releagtion at the hands of Middlesborough!!

We've all felt like this at some stage haven't we..........

From a Grimsby fan:

Now I’m as optimistic as anyone when it comes to this twit of a football club, but after this afternoon’s latest capitulation it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – we’re f**ked. Down. Goners. Non-league. To be honest I didn’t know how it would affect me, it’s not like it hasn’t been coming, but tonight I just feel absolutely deflated. Absolutely fúcking devastated.

I can’t get away from these emotions, I just want the whole world to just fú*k off and leave me alone. To help me come to terms with this whole mess, I’ve decided to compile a list of everyone and everything I want to fú*k off most of all.

For starters, work can f**k off. If they think I’m going to be there on Monday morning they’ve got another thing coming. No way am I going in to spend time dealing with c**s that I can barely stand being with when I’m in a good mood, let alone this crushing feeling of anger, frustration and outright metaphorical-kicked-in-the-bóll**ks-ness.

Plastic Premier League fans can f**k off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95â€. NO IT F**ING WELL IS NOT!

He no longer has a face.

The girlfriend can definitely f**k off. Her best attempt at consolation – “I don’t know why you’re bothered; you knew they were sh*t anywayâ€. Yes love, but they’re MY sh*t team. They’ve been MINE for pretty much as long as I’ve been able to wipe my own ár*e, and they’ll be MINE for as long as I’m alive (or at least, until I’m no longer able to wipe my own ár*e). Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wá*k.

Barrow can fú*k off. I’ve been all over the country and beyond to watch my team, but frankly I just don’t have the stomach to visit any town which makes Sc**thorpe look like fú*king St. Tropez.

Dad, you can fú*k off. This is your fault. Your idea. You introduced me to this shower of sh*t. “Come with me to Blundell Parkâ€, you said, “Come and support the boysâ€. What could I do? I was fú*king four, what choice did I have? Why not get me hooked on Hero*n whilst you were at it? I could have gone with mum shopping for bras and knickers at British Home Stores, but no, you knew best.

The F.A. can fú*k off. Not for supplying us, week-in, week- out, with inept referee after inept referee, but for imposing sensible financial rules on all clubs in League Two. How many clubs in this division have been into administration this season? Not one. How many points deducted? Not one. How the fú*k else are we supposed to avoid relegation – footballing merit? We didn’t have to last season, so why spoil the fun now?

The World Cup can fú*k off – I don’t care anymore.

My local pizza shop can fú*k off. I ordered a 12†Pepperoni over an hour ago, and where the fú*k is it? Are they trying to fú*king fly it to me or something?

Sky Sports can fú*k off. Nothing personal, but there’ll be little need for me next season with no Town to be found anywhere. Ooh, Bolton versus Wolves, LIVE. I think I’ll pass...

The radio can fú*k off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same fú*king time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the fú*k does that happen by coincidence!?

My nan’s old lucky Buddha that used to sit in her front room can fú*k off. When I was a kid I held it in my hands and wished for Town to be in the Premier League. I meant the proper one you fat cú*t, not the one occupied by Histon, Eastbourne and for fú*k’s sake, Ebbsfleet, wherever that is.

Tonight can fú*k off. I’ve had enough of trying to cope with my emotions; the time has come for oblivion. I haven’t kept any booze in the house since an occasion known only as ‘That Night’ by myself and the missus, but suffice to say that the toilet duck and luminous blue mouthwash are looking like stronger propositions by the minute.

Most of all though, the last 10 years can fú*k off. In that time I’ve watched my team fall from the top of the Championship into non-league nothingness. We’ve gone from one great big fú*k up to the next without even coming up for air, and today is just the big, fú*k off cherry on top.

One thing I’m sure of though is that we WILL be back. When it comes down to it, a football club is basically just a set of supporters, and frankly what I’ve learned in the last few years is that this one has some of the best. We’ve had to put up with some shít, haven’t we boys, but in spite of all of that the future is still bright – it’s fú*king black and white.

Grimsby ‘til I die...

I have to admit the girlfriend's consolation sound pretty much what the missus say to me when Chelsea loose.. "Why not cheer on the ones winning"... Made me smile, takes me back to the middle of the 90's when we won f#ck all :D

The radio can fú*k off. On my way home from the match, whilst driving down the M180, I caught three completely separate stations playing ‘Down’ by Jay Sean at the exact same fú*king time. The song’s the best part of a year old, how the fú*k does that happen by coincidence!?

:D

Champagne ala Bluenut; absolute 24 carat comedic noir. Nothing quite like that exquisite sense of loss/pain causative of blame shifting that from time to time infects us all and which seems endemic to sport. Poor bloke. Grimsby till I die - love it!!

That was a compelling but brilliant piece by that Grimsby fan. I wish them well. I will never forget the time that they went to Anfield in 2001 in the League cup to knock out Liverpool. Phil Jevons what a legend for their club and for all those that dislike Liverpool.

It's not our league position that pisses me off, it's just the fact that we lost to f**king Tottenham. And we went down without as much as a whimper. If I was in that squad that would have been the one game above all the others which I would have been drooling at the prospect of.

Just the prospect of humiliating those complete and utter scumbags is enough to play our f**king arses off.

Archived