Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

Gonna go buy a ticket for the Bouncing Souls for twenty bucks.

No talking sh*t, but Kanye West sucks all the way from the east.

Gonna go see TV Smith at the local club next week. Oh, and I bought a ticket for this city festival(centered around a few clubs) which takes place at the end of July. Black Lips, Kurt Vile and Kim Gordon are the ones I'm most looking forward to seeing there.

...Black Lips, Kurt Vile and Kim Gordon...

Hmmm... Apparently the Avengers are playing there as well. Might as well check them out too. Buzzcocks last month, TV Smith this month and Avengers in July. Maybe some old school punk act will come over here in June as well... :happy001:

I so excited for Reading Festival in April!! Foo Fighters, Kasabian, The Cure, The Black Keys.. wowie. Bit of a bummer its on exam day but hey ho the mother will have to wait!

I'm going to Benicassim festival in Valencia in a couple of months.. and Dylan's headlining oh yeeeeeeeh!

You lucky thing, lots of my friends are going to that. SO utterly jealous, get a tan and listen to Bob!

Funny you should mention that.. :laugh2:

a>

If you google the set list then you should get a rough idea of what will be playing, I'm so excited!

:laugh2: Crazy, I'm going the exact same date. Should be some 7 days!

Saw them in 2009 and 1997.

I never managed to see them before they broke up(something always came up that prevented me from going), although I'd been a huge fan since early '90s(The Real Thing was great, but when Angel Dust came out, it blew my mind). They were my favourite band during my teen years, so you can imagine I had pretty high expectations when I finally had the chance to see them. I knew they weren't going to be as good as they were in their prime, but they were pretty damn good(to say the least).

I never managed to see them before they broke up(something always came up that prevented me from going), although I'd been a huge fan since early '90s(The Real Thing was great, but when Angel Dust came out, it blew my mind). They were my favourite band during my teen years, so you can imagine I had pretty high expectations when I finally had the chance to see them. I knew they weren't going to be as good as they were in their prime, but they were pretty damn good(to say the least).

I think they were every bit as good in 2009 as in 1997, just older :) Seeing them live is incomparably better than listening to the studio versions, they are the best concert band I have ever seen.

I almost saw them in 1995 too, but my mom did not let me :lol: I was 13, and that was the last time I made the mistake telling her the whole truth about where I want to go :lol:

Yep the 22nd, I'm standing for it I think. Can't wait!

Oh you lucky thing, could only afford seats but hey better than not going at all. Have you seen the line-up? It's insane.

Oh you lucky thing, could only afford seats but hey better than not going at all. Have you seen the line-up? It's insane.

Do you mean the set list for it? Yeah that looks quality looks like a decent spread of solo stuff as well as things from the album. I wonder if they will alter it from what they performed on the American tour.

Do you mean the set list for it? Yeah that looks quality looks like a decent spread of solo stuff as well as things from the album. I wonder if they will alter it from what they performed on the American tour.

Yeah thats what I mean (sorry, mind was in festival line-up mode) and yeah it's brilliant they've incorporated their solo songs and mixed it up a bit. I don't think they will alter it too much but may try some new things out so its not the same from the US, as they'd be bored wouldn't they? Can't wait!!

I plan a trip across the pond I wanna see Frank Turner, drink alot of ESB see a football match then not remember alot of it cause I was so f**kin wasted.

Yeah thats what I mean (sorry, mind was in festival line-up mode) and yeah it's brilliant they've incorporated their solo songs and mixed it up a bit. I don't think they will alter it too much but may try some new things out so its not the same from the US, as they'd be bored wouldn't they? Can't wait!!

How did you find it pal?

Probably my favourite gig ever to be honest. Was right at the front of standing, started queuing at 3ish though to be fair.

Off to see The Skatalites in Leeds tomorrow night and bore everyone to death with my Munich tales :biggrin:

Saw them at a local club a few years ago and at least then, they still sounded great. Hope it's a good night.

How did you find it pal?

Probably my favourite gig ever to be honest. Was right at the front of standing, started queuing at 3ish though to be fair.

Un-canny as I was standing like before the second stage, so had good viewings, poor you waiting since then as it didn't start till like 8:30ish. It was just sheer perfection and loved it. The encore lasting 7 times was sublime, just great time, great music, no words really. Get some great photos?

Un-canny as I was standing like before the second stage, so had good viewings, poor you waiting since then as it didn't start till like 8:30ish. It was just sheer perfection and loved it. The encore lasting 7 times was sublime, just great time, great music, no words really. Get some great photos?

I got a couple but my phone's pretty sh*t so they don't look too great. The stages and fire that they had were unreal though. Never seen anything like the things they were using. Felt absolutely dead after the last few Niggas In Paris but it was worth it lol.

Also I thought I heard someone doing the Zigger Zagger when everyone was waiting to get into the underground station afters :laugh2:

Edited by ant-sw6