lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

Just came back from The Toasters' gig. The support act was A LOT better, although I've seen better performances from them. I should have left after the support act finished their set...

April 25 Shelby Lynne

April 27 John Grant

Two very different gigs, one guitar based the other keyboard based, in small intimate venues of which Shelby won hands down, God she was good.

Dropkick Murphy's for the Ottawa Bluesfest! Probably will try to get tickets for the Tragically Hip as well. I'm more and more amazed at the line-ups the festival pulls each year. Also, Supertramp is making a tour later on JC_doubleup.gif

Have any of you seen Primal Scream on their recent tour(they play Screamadelica in its entirety)? Just noticed that they're coming to a local club in August and I was wondering if it's worth the €40 ticket.

Festival in Kansas City I'll hit up in August: Muse, Eminem (not really a fan anymore but I'll check him out), Arctic Monkeys, Kid Cudi, Girl Talk, Black Keys, Black Angels, Sound Tribe, Primus, Best Coast, OK Go, Major Lazer, Flaming Lips, and some others. Should be a swell time.

Festival in Kansas City I'll hit up in August: Muse, Eminem (not really a fan anymore but I'll check him out), Arctic Monkeys, Kid Cudi, Girl Talk, Black Keys, Black Angels, Sound Tribe, Primus, Best Coast, OK Go, Major Lazer, Flaming Lips, and some others. Should be a swell time.

Sounds like it should be a swell time indeed. Off to Sasquatch tonight myself. Will be seeing: Biffy Clyro, The Bronx, Against Me, Rival Schools, Death From Above 1979, Bob Mould, and The Foo Fighters!

Sounds like it should be a swell time indeed. Off to Sasquatch tonight myself. Will be seeing: Biffy Clyro, The Bronx, Against Me, Rival Schools, Death From Above 1979, Bob Mould, and The Foo Fighters!

Awesome, Sasquatch always seems to have a really great lineup. One of our friends is originally from Seattle, I think she was heading back to the Northwest this weekend for the show. Have fun!

That's quite a sequence of gigs! Are you seeing Foo Fighters on their current HUGE tour? If so, that means you'll have the honour of seeing Biffy Clyro in full, AND supporting the Foos!

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh

That's quite a sequence of gigs! Are you seeing Foo Fighters on their current HUGE tour? If so, that means you'll have the honour of seeing Biffy Clyro in full, AND supporting the Foos!

Yep, seeing them both tonight!!

Yep, seeing them both tonight!!

My brother would envy you. They're probably the two of his favorite mainstream bands at the moment.

Edited by Maksimov

My brother would envy you. They're probably the two of his favorite mainstream bands at the moment.

They're not exactly my favourite, but they are playing close to where I now live, and thought it'd be worth the trip. More excited about seeing the Bronx, personally

They're not exactly my favourite, but they are playing close to where I now live, and thought it'd be worth the trip. More excited about seeing the Bronx, personally

They're not my favorites either. Out of the ones you mentioned, I'd probably check out Bob Mould.

I wish I'd gone to check out Niclas Frisk on Wednesday. His new album sounds like a good one. A bit more mellow than Atomic Swing(his former band), but he definitely seems to know how to write a good melody.

They're not my favorites either. Out of the ones you mentioned, I'd probably check out Bob Mould.

I wish I'd gone to check out Niclas Frisk on Wednesday. His new album sounds like a good one. A bit more mellow than Atomic Swing(his former band), but he definitely seems to know how to write a good melody.

So last night was pretty damn good. Biffy Clyro were the second band I saw on a smaller side stage, so was pretty close to the action. Lead singer looks like Charles Manson, but they were very energetic and put on a good show. The first band were Rival Schools who didn't have the best sound tech but they were really good. Caught a bit of El Mariachi Bronx, who were really quite good.

Then went to the Main Stage and saw Bob Mould - sorry, but he was not the type of person that should be up on the mainstage by himself. One man, an alectric guitar and no band...so when he's shouting "1,2,3,4" and then just strumming his guitar, it didn't fit. Thankfully he came out later with the Foo's as he's on one of their new tracks, and that was better.

The Bronx ripped up their set, even if the lead singer's mic cut out for a song and a half he was still trying to make sure he was heard!

Death From Above 1979 were OK, but again a two piece is pretty limited on a main stage.

Foo Fighters were very very good live. A great combination of new and old, a 10 minute rendition of Monkey Wrench with dueling guitar solos and a drum solo. They then did a cover of the Who's "A Young Man, ain't got nothing in the world these days!"

Overall, a great night out

Then went to the Main Stage and saw Bob Mould - sorry, but he was not the type of person that should be up on the mainstage by himself. One man, an alectric guitar and no band...so when he's shouting "1,2,3,4" and then just strumming his guitar, it didn't fit. Thankfully he came out later with the Foo's as he's on one of their new tracks, and that was better.

I've yet to see him in concert. Have always wanted to.

I've yet to see him in concert. Have always wanted to.

He was obviously very talented, but the fact it was a soloist on the main stage in an outdoor amphitheater just didn't fit. Shame

He was obviously very talented, but the fact it was a soloist on the main stage in an outdoor amphitheater just didn't fit. Shame

If I do get to see him I hope it'll be in a small indoor venue in front of a few hundred.