lauren

The next bands you are going to see?

I would have loved to see that show. I have always skipped Weezer when they come around here because I despise most of their newer stuff. Also, I love Radiohead, especially "Paranoid Android" :) .

Has anyone ever seen the Kevin Smith movie "Mallrats"? They play "Suzanne" over the end credits, it was the first time I ever heard it and always think of the movie when I hear it.

Tennis are playing at a local club tonight and the tickets are pretty cheap, so I'll probably go see them with a couple of my friends.

Edited by Maksimov

Tennis are playing at a local club tonight and the tickets are pretty cheap, so I'll probably go see them with a couple of my friends.

Tennis were quite boring. The music wasn't bad, it's just that they have absolutely no charisma and the dark of an indie club doesn't fit that style of music. I think they would be nice background music for a summer picnic or something like that, but they should perform outside in the sunshine.

The warm up act was a nice surprise, though. Some VERY young lads who call themselves French Films. They sounded good and it was actually a fun show.

Saw Richard Thompson last night, amazing guitarist, great lyricist - only downside the small venue was so hot

Way out West so it'll be: Janelle Monae; Explosions in the Sky; Fleet Foxes; Robyn*; Thåström* and Prince to round off

* could be the beer tent instead

A friend of mine one had one extra ticket, so I just decided to go see Flogging Molly tomorrow night.

They were quite good. Played just about all the essential(to me) songs, the energy(band's and crowd's) was good and even the mixing was alright(accordion and the other more traditional instruments were occasionally drowned out by guitars and drums too much, though).

Got talked into seeing Joe Jammer by an 'old' mate, so went to a small pub in Surrey

This guy used to jam with Led Zep way back when - hence the name

Was pretty sceptical before I went, but boy could he play

One of the best guitarists i have seen in years - will go again in Sept - if you get a chance to see him you wont be disappointed.

I've been thinking about going to this indoor festival back in my old hometown next week. The bands are mostly punk and hard core this year and the headliner is f**ked Up(their only Finnish gig this year). Then the week after that there's the album release party for a local ska band called The Valkyrians at a local club. They've been playing many ska cover versions of old punk and new wave songs and now they decided to release an album of them. Here's their version of Joy Division's "Disorder": http://soundcloud.com/the-valkyrians/disorder :happy001: They're usually much better live(they're a great live band) than on record, though.

Not really a lover of tribute bands but saw Limehouse Lizzy a shortwhile ago and was impressed.

Nice one mate. I saw Limehouse last July and they were excellent; probably better than the real thing at the time.

There was only one Phil Lynott

Kind of my attitude before I saw Limehouse, fully expecting to be let down, I was pleasantly surprised.

Next one I've got lined up is Toots & The Maytels in a couple of weeks

Oh, I wish I was there. I saw The Wailers and Skatalites a few years ago and they were both great, despite the original members' old age. They still sounded great.

Not a band I`m gonna see but went to see Noel Gallagher in Edinburgh last night and he was superb. Not a huge fan but always loved Oasis and enjoyed his music but he blew me away last night. Sang mainly stuff off his new album but threw a few Oasis classics in here and there. Also had the (mis)fortune of getting lost in Motherwell because of an arsey sat nav, which was a real eye opener....

Hi all, miss being in London and decent bands playing any night of the week. My next gig is a festival here in Melbourne, with Portishead, Flaming Lips, The National, TV on the Radio and Mogwai headlining. I'm going to a couple of other good festivals too over the next few months.

Bloody hell, thats a cracking line up. Used to love Portishead back in the day, Flaming Lips are always quality live (seen them years ago in Glasgow a few years ago and they were brilliant. Never seen the other 3 live but have all their albums, especially like TV on the Radio. Enjoy.

Radiohead just announced US tour dates. Pretty sure I am road tripping to Kansas City in March for that show, very excited.

Just bought tickets for Snow Patrol at the O2. When I was younger, the boy a few doors down loved them and was always playing their earlier stuff. As I was convinced I was going to marry him, I thought its best I got into them too. I know their first 2 albums quite well but after that - apart from Chasing Cars & Run I know little of their later work. Excited though - maybe I'll see him there, we'll fall madly in love and live happily ever after.