Wigan Vs Chelsea (Prem) 21/08/10, 17:15 Ko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Barring injuries it is hard to see much change to the starting eleven against West Brom other than Ivan replacing Paulo at right back.

Wigan are bound to be smarting after their result against Blackpool and will be looking to restore a little pride.

Barring injuries it is hard to see much change to the starting eleven against West Brom other than Ivan replacing Paulo at right back.

Wigan are bound to be smarting after their result against Blackpool and will be looking to restore a little pride.

I agree loz,wigan will be well up for this we came unstuck up in the jjb lastyear. id take one nil.

I certainly expect Wigan to play better than they did against Blackpool. From the looks of the highlights, they could hardly play worse. However, Chelsea is a much better team than Blackpool. So I see a similar result to what they suffered against the Tangerines in this one.

I expect the same lineup as played against West Brom with the exception of Ivanovic possibly being preferred to Paulo at RB and I expect Ramires to be on the bench. Hopefully, we can build a nice lead and get him in for the last 20-30 minutes for a nice pressure-free first game in the squad.

With Bertrand off, and Matic looking like he's on his way to Italy, I'd expect Sturridge, Kakuta, Van Aanholt, and Bruma to all be on the bench. Other than that, I'd think we'll see

.................Cech

Ivan.....Terry......Alex.......Cole

.................Mikel

.........Essien.....Lampard

Anelka.......................Malouda

...............Drogba

Kakuta, Hilario, Sturridge, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Yossi, Kalou. Maybe Yuri instead of Kakuta, but I'd like to see a couple of the youth team on the bench.

With Bertrand off, and Matic looking like he's on his way to Italy, I'd expect Sturridge, Kakuta, Van Aanholt, and Bruma to all be on the bench. Other than that, I'd think we'll see

.................Cech

Ivan.....Terry......Alex.......Cole

.................Mikel

.........Essien.....Lampard

Anelka.......................Malouda

...............Drogba

Kakuta, Hilario, Sturridge, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Yossi, Kalou. Maybe Yuri instead of Kakuta, but I'd like to see a couple of the youth team on the bench.

You forgot about Ramires? :P

I certainly expect Wigan to play better than they did against Blackpool. From the looks of the highlights, they could hardly play worse. However, Chelsea is a much better team than Blackpool. So I see a similar result to what they suffered against the Tangerines in this one.

I expect the same lineup as played against West Brom with the exception of Ivanovic possibly being preferred to Paulo at RB and I expect Ramires to be on the bench. Hopefully, we can build a nice lead and get him in for the last 20-30 minutes for a nice pressure-free first game in the squad.

I'm hoping for this as well. Although we could play him even if we don't have a lead. He is supposed to be good so maybe he can help us to nick the winner. Would be great start to his chelsea career!

THis will be seen as the perfect match for Wigan after their abject performance on Saturday. They won't be expected to get anything but will be really up for it. We have to go their with a totally professional attitude. I'd expect the same lineup bar Paulo and nick a 2-0 result.

Was disappointed that Kakuta didn't get a run last game, if we are leading comfortably then we should use his as a sub say for 20-35 mins. Would be good for his development...that being said I think it will be quite difficult for us, id be happy taking a 1-0 victory

Looking forward to this game. Wigan after the thumping they got last week, and the pummeling we gave them at the end of last season will really be up for this. That and the fact that we've struggled against them at the DW in recent years will make this a lot closer than people think.

Agree that the team will probably be the same as last week, barring the inclusion of Ivan for Paulo. Ivan obviously had a little issue last week but I'd expect him to start.

Ramires will get 30 mins somewhere in the midfield, and I really look forward to seeing how he goes.

2-1 to Chelsea for me.

Whatis Ramires's status? As in, fitness levels, amount of time training, etc?

I don't think he'll be fully ready to feature this game, even off the bench

Not positive but I know he played an hour for Brazil against the US a week ago. I'm sure he was training for Benfica recently too.

Edited by BigIzz

-------------------------------Cech----------------------------

----Ivan---------------Alex---------JT-----------Ashley---

-------------------------------Mikel----------------------------

---------------------------Ess-----Lamps---------------------

----------------Anelka-----Drogba----Malouda-----------

Subs: Hilario, PF, Bruma, Ramires, Kakuta, Sturridge, Kalou

-------------------------------Cech----------------------------

----Ivan---------------Alex---------JT-----------Ashley---

-------------------------------Mikel----------------------------

---------------------------Ess-----Lamps---------------------

----------------Anelka-----Drogba----Malouda-----------

Subs: Hilario, PF, Bruma, Ramires, Kakuta, Sturridge, Kalou

Dont get why people are leaving Zhirkov out.. I feel sorry for the guy. He had a decent 1st season, injuries n all considered. By comparison, Malouda had a much worse start but he got ample chances to redeem himself and look where hes now. Zhirkov should be first sub IMO

Whatis Ramires's status? As in, fitness levels, amount of time training, etc?

I don't think he'll be fully ready to feature this game, even off the bench

He is ready, he said himself he is fit and Ancelotti also said he will be ready for Wigan - Guess he'll get 30-45 min's or so.

Dont get why people are leaving Zhirkov out.. I feel sorry for the guy. He had a decent 1st season, injuries n all considered. By comparison, Malouda had a much worse start but he got ample chances to redeem himself and look where hes now. Zhirkov should be first sub IMO

You are 100% right. Could be down to some people's desperate need to have Kakuta in the team. Don't fret Carlo will have him in the squad. I'd suggest he may have even come on last week bar the need to give Benayoun some minutes for his Stamford Bridge debut.