Following our ex`s...

dkw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

36 minutes ago, robdog said:

Did anyone see this gem of an interview?

Love Gullitt ... shame him and Vialli didn't stay longer. You just know that Ruud would even make watching paint dry seem exciting.

Interesting at the end where he is talking about instructions to Hughes to stay in the 18 yard box ... never really understood why it is so "admired" when a striker is out working the channels, or dropping back to look for the ball or "link" with the midfield. As a defender you'd love seeing that ... never going to score from those places ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11614687/john-obi-mikel-having-medical-with-middlesbrough-ahead-of-move

Middlesbrough will be promoted this season, finish top four next and win the champions league the season after. You read it here first. 

I dread the day we get them in the cup, be lucky if boro don't get double figures. 

15 minutes ago, Zeta said:

From September last year if you look at the date. I like how he’s a former Chelsea player despite the fact he never made an appearance for us :rolleyes:

I can’t stand Bianca Westwood but only because her voice is like a cat running it’s claws down a chalkboard! I think Alex Scott is one of the better pundits out of all of them, just a shame about the team she used to play for. 

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

No, not sexist at all :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

I also like Alex Scott though appreciate where Len Knight is coming from though not how he makes the point.

So where is he coming from?

15 minutes ago, Valerie said:

No, not sexist at all :laugh2:

So where is he coming from?

The point that resonated for me was that he referred to lots of ex old players (male) with a lot of experience strugglng .
Instead of them being used in the men's football media we are instead using women commentators and he suggests instead of commentating on men's football they would be better to speak on women's football.
Whether you agree or not with that statement it is one with two-sides.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

The point that resonated for me was that he referred to lots of ex old players (male) with a lot of experience strugglng .
Instead of them being used in the men's football media we are instead using women commentators and he suggests instead of commentating on men's football they would be better to speak on women's football.

Not really. According to today's labour laws men get no preference in the job market, nor should the sexes be segregated. Equal opportunities, surely that rings a bell.

Edited by Valerie

16 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Not really. According to today's labour laws men get no preference in the job market, nor should the sexes be segregated. Equal opportunities, surely that rings a bell.

Yet not with pensions, men have to work longer here to get a state pension.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

The rules of football are the same for men and woman. 

No one bats an eyelid at Sue Barker presenting the tennis regardless of the gender of the players. 

Premier League football isn’t some exclusive boys club and archaic mindsets like Knight’s yours are a complete bore. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The rules of football are the same for men and woman. 

No one bats an eyelid at Sue Barker presenting the tennis regardless of the gender of the players. 

Premier League football isn’t some exclusive boys club and archaic mindsets like Knight’s yours are a complete bore. 

Whether you think his mind is archaic or not he has a right to air his remarks, he would be better doing it calmly though rather than using four letter words.

9 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Yet not with pensions, men have to work longer here to get a state pension.

So do women, plus they have to contend with lower wages, so they build up a lower pension. It's not an argument to give men jobs over women. I'm not sure you have a grasp on equality.