Following our ex`s...

Jesus christ, doesnt seem like that long ago. One of my favorite players ever.

That goal against Barcelona, where he split their backline wide open like an ax, is one of my greatest ever Chelsea memories.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FFS where was the health warning?!

Yeah sorry Val, I should have put "warning something big down under" but I thought as it was only a lookalike people would manage to view it without fear of nightmares

Imagine my horror though when I flicked through the channels and saw him waving his little plastic flag "for portion sizes my vote go's to.....Australia"

Andriy Shevchenko hitting the fairways in pro event. The Challenge Tour is in the Ukraine this week for its first professional golf tournament and I think Shevo is helping to promote it and is playing as an amateur. Not such a good day though as he finished at 12 over but he did inspire Victor Rui, his playing partner who leads at 8 under. Shevo is a handy player playing off 2 but pro golf even at a lesser level is just a different class. Good to see him enjoying it though, a footballing great who unfortunately came to us a couple of years late.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013766/news/newsid=205327.html

Edited by goose
  • 1 month later...

Gallas has gone down under

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/10/former-chelsea-arsenal-and-spurs-defender-william-gallas-joins-perth-glory/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

William Gallas has agreed a one-year deal with Australian side Perth Glory.

The A-League outfit reportedly beat a number of clubs, including Crystal Palace and – at the height of their defensive injury crisis – Manchester City, to Gallas’ signature.

Gallas will officially complete the move once he has undergone a medical.

The former Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs defender said: “I hope to help my new team-mates and club achieve success in this season and hope to help deliver to the fans of Perth the championship they are looking for.

“I look forward to this new challenge and hope to excite the fans.”

Gallas is a free agent after leaving Tottenham at the end of last season. He will join the likes of Alessandro Del Piero, Shinji Ono and Emile Heskey in the Australian league.

Coach Alistair Edwards said: “What better player in world football to bring to Western Australia than someone with 84 caps for one of the best footballing nations in the world?

“He has played alongside some of the best players in world football and worked under some of the most decorated managers and coaches of all time, including Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho, people whom I have the utmost respect for.

“Gallas fits into our vision of providing the best environment for our youth to flourish. He knows that he is coming into a wonderful culture built around great experienced players and some of the most talented young players in Australian football.”