Following our ex`s...

I could google it, but I'm too lazy, so: where is he now?

Melbourne City (formerly heart but they got bought by man city owners and rebranded this season) in the Australian a-league

He looked good, set up David Villa for the equaliser and was up and down the wing,even doing his defensive duties

Anyone planning to catch the Indian super league? Anelka is playing tomorrow joined by Freddy ljungberg.

There's some big names in the league except about 5-6 years to late hah

Still should be interesting

Quick run down of the names

Atletico de Kolkata (part owned by atletico madrid)

-Luis García

-Josemi

Chennaiyin FC

-Marco Materazzi (player-manager)

-Elano

-Mikael Silvestre

Delhi Dynamos

-Alessandro del Piero

FC Goa

Manager: Zico

-Robert Pires

-Andre Santos

Kerala Blasters

-David James (player-manager)

-Michael Chopra

Mumbai City

Manager: Peter Reid

-Fredrik Ljungberg

-Nicolas Anelka

-Manuel Friedrich

North East United FC

Manager: Ricki Herbert

-Joan Capdevila

FC Pune City

-David Trezeguet

-Kostas Katsouranis

Anyone planning to catch the Indian super league? Anelka is playing tomorrow joined by Freddy ljungberg.

There's some big names in the league except about 5-6 years to late hah

Still should be interesting

Quick run down of the names

Atletico de Kolkata (part owned by atletico madrid)

-Luis García

-Josemi

Chennaiyin FC

-Marco Materazzi (player-manager)

-Elano

-Mikael Silvestre

Delhi Dynamos

-Alessandro del Piero

FC Goa

Manager: Zico

-Robert Pires

-Andre Santos

Kerala Blasters

-David James (player-manager)

-Michael Chopra

Mumbai City

Manager: Peter Reid

-Fredrik Ljungberg

-Nicolas Anelka

-Manuel Friedrich

North East United FC

Manager: Ricki Herbert

-Joan Capdevila

FC Pune City

-David Trezeguet

-Kostas Katsouranis

I had no idea so many known names from years past played in the Indian league.

I think it's a new thing.  I heard a radio feature about it - apparently football is really well supported there but everyone watches the English PL not Indian football and they're trying to change that.  They interviewed one guy who could name the whole Manure side but when asked to name an Indian league player he struggled and eventually named one who has retired!

I think it's a new thing. I heard a radio feature about it - apparently football is really well supported there but everyone watches the English PL not Indian football and they're trying to change that. They interviewed one guy who could name the whole Manure side but when asked to name an Indian league player he struggled and eventually named one who has retired!

Its an 8 week league. Its been set up to try and get more kids playing football. India is huge, if they could actually get some kind of league going then they could make a half decent national team. Of course it would take quite a while to get everything in place.

Its an 8 week league. Its been set up to try and get more kids playing football. India is huge, if they could actually get some kind of league going then they could make a half decent national team. Of course it would take quite a while to get everything in place.

India already has a first division league called the i-league which is played throughout the year like in the rest of the world. The best teams once again qualify for the AFC (Asian Champions League) and teams are relegated, promoted, etc. Unfortunately this is at a low standard but has been gaining popularity and quality over the last few years. Matches are enjoyable but there are very few stars/stand outs if you know what I mean. Money and infrastrucure is still low and this league doesn't attract the big names.

This ISL is modelled on the lines of the IPL in that certain "big names" can be paid high salaries for a short period to showcase the game so that local talent is nurtured and showcased, infrastructure improves and people hopefully start following the same players in the i-league! That's what I hope for at least.

Football is massive in the minds of Indians but it is hardly a lucrative career path at the moment. Let's see what impact this has on training facilities and money in the game in the long term.

This is the first time and it isn't really the Indian League. This is like the IPL in cricket as opposed to the Ranji Trophy which is the main local cricket league in India. This may help the Indian League though in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has replaced Gary Rowett as the manager of the League Two side Burton Albion.

Hasselbaink, 42, who ended his playing career at Cardiff in 2008, has worked with the coaching staff at Nottingham Forest and spent a year managing Royal Antwerp in the Belgian second division.

The former Chelsea and Leeds striker, who played 23 times for Holland, takes charge immediately and will be assisted by David Oldfield, the former head of academy coaching at MK Dons. Burton are fifth in the table and away to league leaders Wycombe on Monday.

Rowett departed to take the reins at struggling Championship side Birmingham City on 27 October.

Hasselbaink said: “I’m very excited to follow in the footsteps of Gary Rowett and Nigel Clough. I can’t wait to get started and I’m delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m looking forward to working with the players. Until now they have done really well and I’m looking to take them a step further.”

Good luck Jimmy! 

Good luck JFH, hope he does well there.

There's one thing that doesn't quite add up though, he's black.......I thought they weren't allowed to be managers!

The last part of The Guardian article I copied the story from read 

Hasselbaink becomes the third black and ethnic minority manager in England’s top four divisions – the others being Chris Powell (Huddersfield) and Keith Curle (Carlisle).

But I left it out because I didn't see what him being black had to do with anything.

The fact that it is worthy of mentioning is quite sad really.