Following our ex`s...

To most people a ‘cap’ in sporting terms is simply an indication of an appearance in a selected team, such as a school, association, county or country, or to commemorate a particular event, as in a person being described as ‘a county cap or ‘an international cap’.
Specifically the term dates from the practice in the United Kingdom of actually awarding a cap ie an item of headgear, to every player in an international match at Association Football and links back to the use of caps in education.

http://www.honourcaps.com/#/history-of-caps/4565604089

AVB has won the Russian League with Zenit.

Looks like he's learnt from his naive defensive approach when he was at Chelsea as his side have only conceded 16 goals in 28 games.

I don't actually think he's a bad manager. He's a great analyst of the game but he came to us too young. He was too idealistic and naïve which is what comes with youth.

He needed experience and if he can ally his innate understanding of the game with some pragmatism then he might have a successful career.

Edited by Blue Daze

I don't actually think he's a bad manager. He's a great analyst of the game but he came to us too young. He was too idealistic and naïve which is what comes with youth.

He needed experience and if he can ally his innate understanding of the game with some pragmatism then he might have a successful career.

Oh I agree, I don't think he's a bad coach but at Chelsea he was trying to be too ambitious and wanted to implement systems that had no hopes of working (suicidal high line with a defence containing JT for example). 

The Chelsea job was too soon and he was clearly tasked with overhauling an aging squad that was a little too comfortable with being in a power position at the club... Bad move by Chelsea tasking that overhaul to a 33 year old though. They needed a Van Gaal type figure for that task. 

Still, he seems to be finding his feet a bit now and I reckon he'll be moving to Italy or Spain next to try his hand, not sure I see him being appointed to a club as big as ours ever again though. 

The term "anti-football" is a pet peeve of mine. 

Is such a nonsense phrase that critics throw out as a blanket argument that has no substance to it's meaning. 

The other phrase I can't stand is "playing the game the right way".

Football is football, a game played on a pitch within a set of rules. There's no right or wrong way of playing it. It's just an excuse used by whiny spoilt brat teams like Arsenal and Barcelona when teams don't roll over for them. Expect it to get another airing if Villa or Juve win 1-0 in a couple of weeks time.

And why does no one ever talk about anti-golf or anti-tennis?

The other phrase I can't stand is "playing the game the right way".

Football is football, a game played on a pitch within a set of rules. There's no right or wrong way of playing it. It's just an excuse used by whiny spoilt brat teams like Arsenal and Barcelona when teams don't roll over for them. Expect it to get another airing if Villa or Juve win 1-0 in a couple of weeks time.

And why does no one ever talk about anti-golf or anti-tennis?

If there was anti-golf I might be tempted to watch it. 

I suppose Ronnie O'Sullivan is anti-snooker? 

Ronnie is anything but anti, he is balls out attack attack attack, just a bit of a soppy git.

Someone like Peter Ebdon or the really slow defensive players would be more anti snooker haha

Edited by Zola

Ronnie is anything but anti, he is balls out attack attack attack, just a bit of a soppy git.

Someone like Peter Ebdon or the really slow defensive players would be more anti snooker haha

I was more referring to playing left handed because he was bored or playing in his socks because his new shoes hurt. 

Did he do 'that' bad?

I thought he'd have got another crack at it next season.

When he came to the club they were 11th, I believe, and they finished 6th and got Europa League, something Borussia Dortmund failed to do (unless they win the cup over the weekend). Also, the performance in Europe has been quite good, especially against Real Madrid which is something all Schalke supporters will remember. They didn't play the most attractive football, and towards the end of the season took the foot off the pedal, but overall I think he should be given more time, especially knowing what he was working with this year. But I guess he's used to that treatment by now...  :sad: