MOTM vs Marseille

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Marseille?

• Cech
    • A Cole
    • Terry
    • Alex
    • Ivanovic
    • Mikel
    • Essien
    • Zhirkov
    • Anelka
    • Malouda
    • Kakuta
    • Ramires
    • Sturridge
    • McEachran

Malouda for me, he was brilliant first half and caused them problems every time he got the ball, Essien Mikel and to a lesser extent Anelka had good games, Kakuta got some useful experience and we never over excerted anyone second half.

good 3 points.

Voted for Malouda, but nearly voted for Ashley Cole. The Left Side Dream Team were brilliant and really took them apart first half. We looked likely to create a chance every time we went forward down that side.

If I have a complaint it is that he was a little selfish at times, perhaps too keen to prove a point to the watching French media a couple of time Zhirkov was in great position for a simple lay off but he chose to try and beat the man himself. That said it was a great display of power and technique for the most part.

Between Essien, Malouda and Mikel for me and opted for Mikel.

Really?!

Normally I find myself agreeing with most of your posts Loz but I can't believe you picked Mikel of all people as MOTM.

He was easily our worst player in the second half, too hesitant and slow on the ball, lost possession in some dangerous areas and picked up totally unnecessary yellow card.Ancelotti did the right thing by taking him off because he clearly struggled at that time.

Essien, apart from two occasions closer to the end when he nearly scored, had a very quiet game.

Malouda looked like a man on a mission in the first half but much like Anelka was absolutely anonymous in the second.

Abe

I agree the yellow card was plain daft however I fail to see how you think Mikel had a poor second half. In the second half we were coasting and as a consequence we were gifting possession to Marseille in the middle of the park over and over and over again. Mikel, time and time again, was the first line in defence and was rarely found wanting. I think he was the main reason we got a clean sheet tonight as if he had had a poor game our defence would have been under a lot more pressure.

We all see matches differently. First visit to The Bridge this season and from where I was sat, Anelka was MOTM for me.

Thought Mikel looked good first half and I was impressed but his concentration went AWOL second half. On the hour mark, he got caught f**king about on the edge of our box and it could have easily resulted in a goal.

Surprised JT got votes too as his distribution was poor last night - lost count of the mis-placed passes.

2-0 job done.

Isn't it strange I thought Malouda had his most frustrating game for two years last night, I thought he was constantly too slow in possession and kept getting caught.

Josh was obviously man of the match, that boy doesn't do a thing wrong!

Alex got my vote.

I thought Malouda deserved it for his first half performance. Ashley ran him a close second.

Although we didn't play so well in the second half I felt we defended well against a very game Marseille side.

All in all an excellent result and performance.

:yeahthat: As well