Alex out for three weeks

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I cringe watching Ferreira defensively nowadays...he seems to get caught out of position badly at least once or twice a game...and if it's against a decent team, we may have to pay.

However, I don't mind him going forward so much. He actually has a decent cross.

Wish Bosingwa was fit and firing.

Well Bosingwa is playing reserve games so after the break maybe he'll be fit to play.

But this injury really sucks. Just when our injured players are coming back we get another injury. Frustrating.

On the other hand, it's not like we'll fall apart with this defensive line:

Ferreira/Boss - Ivan - JT - Cole

Could be worse.

Unless Bosingwa is fit, I'm sure it's gonna be Ferreira who will start those matches, because surely Carlo won't trust Bruma to start a Premiership or a Champions League match just yet. I'm a little worried about Ferreira because he's good when he's got the ball, especially in the opponent's half of the pitch, but the problems start when he doesn't have the ball.

Alex is the only player to have played a part in every game this season I think. Hopefully this will only be a short term layoff as he's been seriously impressive.

With the Villa and Spartak games coming in quick succession, I wouldn't rule out Bruma getting atleast a cameo role.

Not an easy couple of weeks for Brani with Serbia entertaining Estonia on Friday before travelling to Italy on Tuesday.

Edited by Scooby Blue

Bad news, I can see Villa beating us without him in height is vital against Aston Villa and we have a terrible record there. Looks like it'l be Iva at CB and Paulo at RB. This is proof of why we should have either bought a CB or not loaning out Mancienne.

Or its an oppertunity to put some faith in players we have in the squad - Bruma, Paulo etc.

Exactly Moos, though I hope Villa play Young against Ash rather than Paulo... I doubt it though...! Not adversed to see Branna at RB & Bruma in the middle next to JT.

Villa have been playing with Young down the middle and Downing down the left. Doubt they'll change it cause they dont have the options atm. Downing's been having a decent season but Paulo should be able to cope with him

This is terribly unlucky for him, especially after he finally got called up to Brazil again something that he has consistently deserved for his play over the last season or two.

It's not great news for us either given his form. But that said I'd be reasonably confident that Paulo will come in and do a job at right back like he always does. He's a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for Paulo and let's face it Downing and McGeady aren't exactly the world's greatest left wingers so I think we should be fine.

The injury as others have suggested does present an interesting oppurtunity for Bosingwa. If as the reports say he is available for selection then he essentially has two weeks at training to prove to Carlo that he is worth putting back in the starting lineup ahead of Paulo. If he can do that he would then have two matches with Ivan essentially out of the picture to stake his claim for the right back spot.

I expressed my concerns in my earlier post, but didn't actually wish Alex a speedy recovery.

He has really stepped up this season without Carvalho blocking him from first team football...and he has a decent free-kick ;)

I'm sure we'll do ok without him (despite my concerns), but lets hope he's fit ASAP.

TBH I think Mancienne looks a much better player than Bruma

Not for me, and certainly not as a centre back. Mancienne is a good footballer but simply isnt physical enough to hack it at this level at centre back.

Bruma hasn't really impressed me, he was awful against Newcastle in the league cup.

I think he just needs more minutes to get more confidence.

He signed an extension not long ago. Not any Chelsea youth player does that, so I'm asuming he has some real good talent.