What Next?

Jawan
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

After the solid start the sudden series of defeats and draws with all injuries looming over squad has left us in a weaker position.We started the season with the high scoring matches and we didn't concede goals at Bridge...But the injury to Alex, JT then Absence of Lamps and the suspension of Essien came as blow to us and the tough fixtures against Sunderland Home and Birmingham,Newcastle away didn't any good.

And now Man U seeming to have regained the form which they so far had missed in initial stages of season would be something new to ponder upon.Only the unpredictable Gunners and City have favored us well so far .

With all these happenings we have been displaced from the top of league and 4 tough fixtures are waiting for us in league(Everton,Manu Home and Spuds,Gunners away).

These are gonna be crucial fixtures , as a win in these matches will work in both ways ..advantage to us and a set back to the dream of EPL triumph of teams like Gunners and Manu.

The advantage for us is Essien will be from next match onwards and Lamps should start playing soon.

So guys,what you think awaits us in these tough and tricky(most probably title deciding) fixtures in December?

Edited by Jawan

Everton next

Everton's form this season hasn't been good with just 3 victories to their name but they have always been a tough opponent and capable of drawing shock results against big teams.Last year also they had re surge in performance after having bad season initially...Only advantages we have is that we are playing them at Bridge and Essien back in squad for it.

Lets hope Saha isn't fit.

The bloke is unreliable ALL season and then plays against us and looks like the worlds best striker.

I really wish you would sod off Nibs, thats about 3 times this week ive came to post something to find you have posted the exact same bloody thing before me. I actually hate Saha for that exact reason, he`s either injured or sh*t all season yet when we play them he suddenly turns into a super strength version of Pele. The tosser.

Is this thread about Butch’s Prediction League ???????????????

Don’t understand the title ?

It isn't about Butch's prediction league....Its a concern over the toughest fixtures in line and considering sudden slump in our form lately....IMO If we aren't able to come off good in these critical games , our title chances will be in for a serious threat.

Edited by Jawan

It isn't about Butch's prediction league....Its a concern over the toughest fixtures in line and considering sudden slump in our form lately....IMO If we aren't able to come off good in these critical games , our title chances will be in for a serious threat.

What is the BPL ? We don't play in it ?

Lets hope Saha isn't fit.

The bloke is unreliable ALL season and then plays against us and looks like the worlds best striker.

When Ashley headed that one off the line on Sunday the commentator said that Routlegge has never scored a premiership

goal, lets hope that's our turn of luck!

Saying that Bent always seems to score against us and he never played when they dicked us 3-0 !!

Think we will beat them though, with Essien back and hopefully JT looking out for Cahill ghosting in between the centre backs,

together with Arteta being banned must be in our favour.

My crystal ball says the following - then it's the new year

Chelsea 2 Everton 1

Spuds 3 Chelsea 1

Chelsea 0 Man Utd 0

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 3

If you ever could use the term "must win" the Everton-game certainly is the perfect example of just that. United are facing Blackpool, and if we lose points against Everton before the dreaded december-month we are basically done.

My crystal ball says the following - then it's the new year

Chelsea 2 Everton 1

Spuds 3 Chelsea 1

Chelsea 0 Man Utd 0

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 3

Has anyone else noticed how we tend to go through a bad patch after beating Arsenal? It happened both times last season. And this season our domestic form has detreriorated since beating Arsenal at the beginning of October. Coincidence? Probably.

In all seriousness, what is noticeable during this time is that unlike previous seasons we've been saving our best performances (Spartak home and away) for the Champions League, which again brings us to the club's priorities for this season. Could it even be that the Premier League is regarded as a secondary target, and that the club, from Abramovich down, intend making an all-out, make or break attempt on the Champions League? I would hope not, but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

Everton worry me alot more than their recent form would suggest. They seem to be up and down this year, so I expect them to bounce back from getting slaughtered by West Brom.

I think the coming fixtures and our terrible form might work to our advantage. Spurs will be riding high, and we will be limping into that clash (assuming we dont batter Everton by 5 or something) while getting Essien, and possibly JT and Lamps back. We could really take them by surprise. Everyone seems to be down on us at the moment, so we could possibly pull one over on them.

After that, I would surely take a scrappy draw with Man Utd, if it meant they didnt get all 3 points. And then, hopefully, normal service will be resumed against Arsenal. Drogba will be scoring again, and we can go into the new year starting a new winning streak.

Right now, all that is a million miles away from reality, I know.

if we lose points against Everton before the dreaded december-month we are basically done.

Thats what I am afraid of...bad performance in these fixtures could cost us the title.

Edited by Jawan

The player we really miss is John Terry because of his leadership qualities. Without him we resemble a rudderless ship. Lampard and Essien have also been missed. Without those three we are not the same team. Drogba looks really knackered and needs a complete rest because the effects of the malaria don't appear to have worn off. Carlo would be well advised to rest him. He really looked out of shape against the Magpies.

Do people remember how difficult it is to control a football in cold snowy weather? Newcastle are more accustomed to training in the snow. Some of our lads particularly Ramires looked bitten by the cold. It must have been a cultural shock for him. However, the current midfield is not the answer The return of Essien will be a major plus. Hopefully, Terry will also be back against Everton. That should boost team morale and achieve the required result.

Looking forward to a successful December with the return of the three musketeers.

However, the current midfield is not the answer The return of Essien will be a major plus.

I think midfield has been the real issue...with Essien in middle , at least we had some experience playing in absence of Lamps..but the major blow came with Essien's suspension..those dying moments of match against Fulham cost us 4-5 Points...without Essien , the midfield comprising of Mikel,Ramires and Zhirkov looked toothless....and with lack of regular supply of passes from midfield , we could manage just a solitary goal in 3 matches...while conceding 5.

The return of Lamps and Essien would be the real booster in this situation.

Edited by Jawan

I think midfield has been the real issue...with Essien in middle , at least we had some experience playing in absence of Lamps..but the major blow came with Essien's suspension..those dying moments of match against Fulham cost us 4-5 Points...without Essien , the midfield comprising of Mikel,Ramires and Zhirkov looked toothless....and with lack of regular supply of passes from midfield , we could manage just a solitary goal in 3 matches...while conceding 5.

The return of Lamps and Essien would be the real booster in this situation.

I agree the current midfield of Mikel, Ramires and Zhirkov is not the answer and we desperately need the return of Lampard and Essien. However, it looks as if Lamps will not be ready to play against Everton. In that case Malouda will probably play in left midfield. Looking forward to John Terry's return. We really need a morale booster.

The player we really miss is John Terry because of his leadership qualities. Without him we resemble a rudderless ship. Lampard and Essien have also been missed. Without those three we are not the same team. Drogba looks really knackered and needs a complete rest because the effects of the malaria don't appear to have worn off. Carlo would be well advised to rest him. He really looked out of shape against the Magpies.

Do people remember how difficult it is to control a football in cold snowy weather? Newcastle are more accustomed to training in the snow. Some of our lads particularly Ramires looked bitten by the cold. It must have been a cultural shock for him. However, the current midfield is not the answer The return of Essien will be a major plus. Hopefully, Terry will also be back against Everton. That should boost team morale and achieve the required result.

Looking forward to a successful December with the return of the three musketeers.

We are so much tougher to beat when Terry, Essien ans Lamps in the side. Everton aren't playing that well at the moment so I reckon it is a good time to face them. When you are on a poor win the first win si always the hardest so I reckon we will battle to a narrow 2-1 win.

We are so much tougher to beat when Terry, Essien ans Lamps in the side. Everton aren't playing that well at the moment so I reckon it is a good time to face them.

I agree. The return of Terry and Essien will be a major factor, hopefully contributing to a win. The absence of Arteta who is suspended is another factor in our favour.

I will be more than satisfied with a 1-0 win.

I will have a festive pint wager with you on that one Star

Spuds 1 Chelsea 2

There would have been a time in the mid seventies when a kid at a school in North London I'd have taken

that result and bugger the rest of the season tea bar !