Safe Standing Area

glory55
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who with me!!!!!  

41 members have voted

1. 1.

• Knees up mother brown!!
    • Oh I say,will you sit down!!!

What's stopping the Club applying for permission to build a safe standing area at the bridge???

It will be a first for the Premier League!!

K*nyon wants to be in the lime-light so why not start campaigning for something we can actually achieve!!

60,000 seater stadium - we wont fill it!!!!

Biggest Club in the World - No thanks!!!

It would be great,just like days gone by....

.."Knees up mother brown" jumping0007.gif ......

Imagine it!!!!

It will pack more supporters in and increase the atmosphere!!!

Lets keep the north lower as it is....

....and "ave it" (and I do mean that literally)

in the shed end!!

From Dead End to Shed End in one wipe of P*ter Kenyon's bald head!!!

Tell me you dont love that!!!!

ALTOGETHER NOW

....Lets Go F**king Mental

jumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifjumping0007.gifsign_offtopic.gif

Personally I don't see that there are any cons, or none that are not avoidable.

Some will state the safety issue however this 'safety issue' is not one that is deemed to be so significant in any other entertainment that it is used as an excuse to ban standing. Do you see all seating at Glastonbury?

Some will state that it makes it easier for oppositon fans to get in to cause a fight etc, or for people who start trouble not to be identifiable and hence have them dealt with. Well if you go for the option that I suggested in the linked discussion (i.e. make it 100% season ticket holders) then you have instant accountability for who is in there (assuming people are expected to show their membership card on entry to the stadium thus preventing tickets being sold on).

Would it be a season ticket area?

A lot of the old boys that people have talked about trying to get back to the Bridge to help generate more of an atmosphere cant go every week any more, now a standing Members area - that'll do for me. Tickets either available on the day or from the ticket office in person.

Loverly jubberly.

The downside? Because of the scousers it'll never be allowed to happen.

The ST idea was kind of a compromise to placate the arguments against it however the Members Only idea works as well assuming you need to show your card on entry.

The downside to it will be that the club will see too great a risk of it not being filled if was members only and this would require tickets to be sold to the general public which would then fuel the arguments of safety and accountability (having said that those issues exist for seats as well)

It dont have to be a season ticket area,members as well.

We dont want to carry on excluding people because they cant afford to go every week,these tickets could be around ?20-25.

You could even have a section where the away fans stand.

It just makes complete sense,there wont be any more trouble than what there already is in all-seater stadiums.

If its all ticket then how will supporters get hurt??

If you start being a c**t or you are only there waiting for it to boot off you'll be banned......... its simple!!!

We need to get on the club's case about things we want,we need to be heard!!!

We need a voice again!!!

Glory i'm all for it mate but i doubt it will ever happen, especially when Kenyons around.

Kenyon doesn't care about the atmosphere, it's all about the benjamins with him. He'd rather the stadium filled with 42,000 prawn sandwiches, that pay top dollar for a game, than 42,000 die hard chelsea fans that want to pay less. And what prawn sandwich is gonna want to stand up all game?!!!

He doesn't care about us and we kid ourselves that we are valued by the club cause we go week in, week out and behind us theres a load more people that fancy a nice day out in west london and wouldn't mind watching that football team....... O whats their name again? O thats it, it's Chelsea isn't it.

However we've been there and will continue to be there through thick and thin whereas the bandwagon fuc***s wont.

Kenyon has to start valuing our support. Like you say Glory, we need a voice!

UP THE CHELSEA!!!!!!

Its all very well AND EASY excepting all this!!

Cos thats what capitalism wants you to do......

....Buy the brand...

....keep your mouth shut....

....feed the greedy monster......

....become just a number....

High Prices and having the passion sucked from your club by a Fat northern PONCE is not acceptable!!

We will lose OUR identity if we continue to let this happen!! sign_offtopic.gif

FROM A CHELSEA SUPPORTER

True,

But I dont like him.

I dont like the way he jumped ship,

I dont like the way he does buisiness,

I dont like the fact that he's the face of OUR club,

I dont like his outspoken nature,

I dont like it when he uses the words - WE and US,

I DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT HE'S GOING TO PUSH TICKET PRICES THROUGH THE ROOF THIS SUMMER!!!

P*ter K*nyon.....

is not responsible for Death and Destruction around the world

just of the good name of OUR football club.

And I dont like the way some Chelsea supporters have let him get away with what he does,because were doing well on the pitch.

He gets off lightly in my opinion!!!

Cheers Barn

Rob

True,

But I dont like him.

I dont like the way he jumped ship,

I dont like the way he does buisiness,

I dont like the fact that he's the face of OUR club,

I dont like his outspoken nature,

I dont like it when he uses the words - WE and US,

Are we still talking about Kenyon or AShley Cole?

Glory, to understand why I don't think it's fair to blame everything on Kenyon there's a few things that need to be accepted (and this isn't meant to sound in anyway like I'm telling you how things are just my opinion is all). 1) Kenyon is a respected manager in his particular field of expertise. As such he has been given a good and well paid job by a big company. 2) to the people that run our club/league/game it is not about football, it's about business. 3) we are no longer the post important things our club has (as with every other club), we are mearly the customer that they are providing a service for. 4) the customer base has grown astronomically in the last few years, it's not just the blokes that go to the game on a Saturday, it's now a world-wide tv audiance of millions.

If Kenyon fails to do the job that Roman has employed him to do, then he will suffer - ultimately with the sack. I don't believe his primary target is to become well liked by the fans that used to go to the Bridge every week back in the '80's but to make the club (as a brand) a high selling world-wide product.

I'm with you that football was better when players were real people, and when a group of mates used to turn up at the gates of their favourite club on a Saturday afternoon, unfortunately those days are well behind us and that's not Kenyon's fault.

If you really want to do something get everyone to vote with their feet - don't go to the games and don't buy Sky Sports, then eventually we might get our club back, though what state it'll be in is anyones guess.[/u]

If you really want to do something get everyone to vote with their feet - don't go to the games and don't buy Sky Sports, then eventually we might get our club back, though what state it'll be in is anyones guess.[/u]

For reference, the K's fixture list can be found here

Understood mate!

Maybe one day it will come to following a lower league team,even though I'l always be Chelsea.

I know a few old Chelsea boys who find it hard to stump up for Prem price's and now follow lower league sides - AFC Wimbledon/Folkestone Invicta/Gravesend;etc.

Apparently its a good laugh!!!

It might seem it but im not a moaner,really!!

I get behind the team,my throat is so unbelievably sore days after games that sometimes I wished I had just sat down,like so many seem to do these days!!!

I just thought I should get that off my chest!!

Come on you blues!!!

Wondered how long that would take!

so, am i a victim of your superior intelligence, and your faux ignorance was a cunning trap to 'catch a micky', or are you actually an ignorant prick who beleives every lie those fleet street rags (one in particular) print?

I'm an ignorant twat that doesn't read the Sun but that tries to think for myself and believes in what I choose to believe in. This is not an arguement worth having however because I'll not change my opinion unless there is hard evidence to force me to do so and I know you'll never accept different to what you choose believe. On top of that, fault does not take away from the tragedy that happened and so squabbling with the likes of me (an ignorant twat) over the rights and wrongs are never going to do anyone any good and certainly isn't going to change the events of that day.

My original point (and I know I put it in a very confrontational way but I have my reasons for feeling as i do) was that because of what happened there, the authorities will not want to go back to the day's of standing areas.

having your reasons for beleiving lies is not a good excuse.

You have your reasons, based on what you choose to beleive. Thats crap. I will not have an argument here, but ignorance is nothing to be celebrated. Read up on it if you want an opinion of any value, if you dont, then keep your thoughts to yourself, no matter what your 'reasons' are for beleiving what you do.