Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We jumped on the Belgian players pretty early who were coming through to be their "golden generation", we signed Hazard, Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne in a short space of time having spotted that they'd develop into good players at early stages of their careers. 

Could be we've done the same with a talented group of French youngsters, our recruitment record of players from France is very good historically.  

Cech, Drogs, Malouda, Essien, David Luiz (kind of), Batshuayi, Zouma, Hazard, Azpi all signed from the French league. 

Also French nationals that have played for us: Kante, Anelka, Zouma, Makalele, Gallas, Malouda, Deschamps, Desailly, Leboeuf

Not a bad list for those players to be joining. 

41 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

We jumped on the Belgian players pretty early who were coming through to be their "golden generation", we signed Hazard, Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne in a short space of time having spotted that they'd develop into good players at early stages of their careers. 

Could be we've done the same with a talented group of French youngsters, our recruitment record of players from France is very good historically.  

Excellent observation sir, but while we seem to identify where good generations of players are coming from how does Athletico manage to pick individual players that are outstanding, pay f**k all and get hit after hit, we need to recruit their scouts. I wonder if Monaco have some new best in the business scouts or it's just as you say the French generation and them being a French club, one thing is for certain, our draw and a club with our funds and wage packages we should be getting far better players in, hazard and Dave have been epic finds, who else, well kdb but Jose made short work of him. Give atletico our financial clout and I would love to see what kind of players they come up with. For the amount of scouts we actually have, the purchasing power and our lure we are not doing nearly good enough, I know a certain Nigerian gentleman that could and should  perhaps be replaced and we know that's not Mikel any more. 

Edited by DonAntonio

4 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Excellent observation sir, but while we seem to identify where good generations of players are coming from how does Athletico manage to pick individual players that are outstanding, pay f**k all and get hit after hit, we need to recruit their scouts. I wonder if Monaco have some new best in the business scouts or it's just as you say the French generation and them being a French club, one thing is for certain, our draw and a club with our funds and wage packages we should be getting far better players in, hazard and Dave have been epic finds, who else, well kdb but Jose made short work of him. Give atletico our financial clout and I would love to see what kind of players they come up with. For the amount of scouts we actually have, the purchasing power and our lure we are not doing nearly good enough, I know a certain Nigerian gentleman that could and should  perhaps be replaced and we know that's not Mikel any more. 

Can't blame Emenalo pmsl. People are so quick to blame him for bad transfers but not give him credit for the good ones. As for Atletico the players they sign that are hits are hardly small players. Falcao was incredible at Porto before he joined them and cost 50m Euro, Torres was a boyhood fan, Griezmann had a great season for Sociedad and had a lot of suitors and still cost them 30m Euro, which was his buyout clause. Then again they've also had a lot of flops in recent years; Jackson Martinez, Cerci, Gaitan.

You've seen it on here before where the club go out and spend £5m on a young lad from Belgium and fans complain about our intent in a transfer market, the club is pressured into making big signings to please fans and boost the commercial side of the business.

All in all i think Emenalo does a grand job for Chelsea and doesn't deserve half the stick he gets. 

Tammy Abraham on the verge of joining newcastle on loan for the season! That is a great piece of business, if he starts regularly and gets playing time and performs well with a bag of goals there is a HIGH possibility he could be part of our 1st team the season after! 

We need more premier league level loans for some of our upcoming stars with guaranteed play time. Look at how Ake benefited from that! There is no point loaning out players to other prem teams if they hardly ever play

7 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I feel like we need more Italians and Dutch.

I think Holland are in a bit of a slump tbh. They don't seem to be producing superstars like they did in the 70's 80's and 90's. Robben, van Persie and sneijder are the only top class players I can think of in the last 15 years. 

France, Belgium, and Germany seem to be the best nations at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Can't blame Emenalo pmsl. People are so quick to blame him for bad transfers but not give him credit for the good ones. As for Atletico the players they sign that are hits are hardly small players. Falcao was incredible at Porto before he joined them and cost 50m Euro, Torres was a boyhood fan, Griezmann had a great season for Sociedad and had a lot of suitors and still cost them 30m Euro, which was his buyout clause. Then again they've also had a lot of flops in recent years; Jackson Martinez, Cerci, Gaitan.

You've seen it on here before where the club go out and spend £5m on a young lad from Belgium and fans complain about our intent in a transfer market, the club is pressured into making big signings to please fans and boost the commercial side of the business.

All in all i think Emenalo does a grand job for Chelsea and doesn't deserve half the stick he gets. 

Yea he has made some good transfers but the size of the scout network abd out kitty I just think we can do much better, why are athletic constantly challenging in the CL, other than the manager it's down to this scouting, it's an integral part of success, and if we are looking to always change players and managers why can't we give someone else a go, we have had a few recent, successes, Costa, fab..which didn't take scouting, managers choice payed th going rate, haz and dave brilliant other than that, we haven't had a good window in years, might be a decent idea, if we don't want to spend as big, to upgrade the technical director to someone not decent but outstanding 

34 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Give atletico our financial clout and I would love to see what kind of players they come up with. 

They'd probably stop buying the profile of players they currently do. 

They wouldn't need to sign a Diego Costa and mould him into the player they need... They'd just go out and buy the player they want. 

Look at a club like Southampton, how many quality players have they bought for low sums and how many youngsters have they nurtured through the club in the last ten years which have been picked off by other teams with more money? 

5 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Yea he has made some good transfers but the size of the scout network abd out kitty I just think we can do much better, why are athletic constantly challenging in the CL, other than the manager it's down to this scouting, it's an integral part of success, and if we are looking to always change players and managers why can't we give someone else a go, we have had a few recent, successes, Costa, fab..which didn't take scouting, managers choice payed th going rate, haz and dave brilliant other than that, we haven't had a good window in years, might be a decent idea, if we don't want to spend as big, to upgrade the technical director to someone not decent but outstanding 

I agree that we haven't had an outstanding window in years but arguably we haven't needed one. 2 league titles in those 3 years have proven that. 

I'd say they compete in the CL much the same as teams from other leagues is because their domestic schedule is much much easier than the prem. Look at the other English teams, hardly lighting up European competition at the moment. PSG, Bayern, Atletico, Juve, Real and Barca basically play friendlies every other week. In the prem you get slaughtered if you don't start your strongest 11 twice a week. 

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

They'd probably stop buying the profile of players they currently do. 

They wouldn't need to sign a Diego Costa and mould him into the player they need... They'd just go out and buy the player they want. 

Look at a club like Southampton, how many quality players have they bought for low sums and how many youngsters have they nurtured through the club in the last ten years which have been picked off by other teams with more money? 

Correct but when they spend they spend smart, they paid greizmans buyout clause of 30 million from real sociadad, so no development there, they really didn't develop costa they bought him off braga in Portugal loaned him straight back, then sold him in 2009 to Valladolid and bought him back the next year so they do a mixture of buying and developing and it always seems to work, they do what we do on a smaller scale with a lesser budget but put out a better team year after year, why? 

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I agree that we haven't had an outstanding window in years but arguably we haven't needed one. 2 league titles in those 3 years have proven that. 

I'd say they compete in the CL much the same as teams from other leagues is because their domestic schedule is much much easier than the prem. Look at the other English teams, hardly lighting up European competition at the moment. PSG, Bayern, Atletico, Juve, Real and Barca basically play friendlies every other week. In the prem you get slaughtered if you don't start your strongest 11 twice a week. 

Yea but even in early CL games we are getting smashed before the season kicks in, English teams were dominating the CL 10 years ago, quarter finals with 3 English teams, so there is more to it than that, I used to be the champion of mocking the Spanish league and I still agree with you to an extent but now if we are honest they have 4 or 5 teams that are very good, and all of them beat English teams, it's not the walk in the park it used to be. Mind you athletico struggled to beat Leicester so it hard to draw conclusions 

Chelsea have enquired about Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, 25, as they search for a number two goalkeeper following the departure of Asmir Begovic to Bournemouth. (Daily Mail)

Blues coach Eddie Newton, who is responsible for players out on loan from Stamford Bridge, has emerged as a candidate to replace David Moyes at Sunderland. (Sunderland Echo)

15 hours ago, the special one said:

Chelsea have enquired about Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, 25, as they search for a number two goalkeeper following the departure of Asmir Begovic to Bournemouth. (Daily Mail)

Blues coach Eddie Newton, who is responsible for players out on loan from Stamford Bridge, has emerged as a candidate to replace David Moyes at Sunderland. (Sunderland Echo)

Would love to see the guy in cahrge of our sh*te loan system f**k right off. No way in hell do we need 30+ players out on loan with most of them no where near good enough to make our first team

34 minutes ago, JJP said:

Would love to see the guy in cahrge of our sh*te loan system f**k right off. No way in hell do we need 30+ players out on loan with most of them no where near good enough to make our first team

If those deemed nowhere near good enough help subsidise the cost of incoming transfers this summer (i.e. Musonda as a makeweight for Bakayoko, or Traore for Tolisso) is our loan system still "sh*te" as you say?

Edited by the special one

Just now, JJP said:

I don't think you understand why we are loaning these players out.

Wow our loan system is really good. We often get good money for players, that we buy for 500k, then sold for millions. Christian Atsu for example or Bamford. We also take money for some of the loanes. We loan the player for 1 year, they give us money and pay the player the salary.

It`s a great money policity.

The loan system is the way it is because we need to make up revenue due to playing in a relatively small stadium. It's been vital to our past and current success.

Tibo bought for peanuts and loaned to Spain to develop and is now out no 1.

Lukaku bought for around 12 mill and sold for double that.

KDB bought for 6 and sold for a near £20 million. 

Those are only a couple of many similar stories with our system, the figures may be lower but the percentage of profit remains and ensures we keep the revenue streams high.

football is a business and we are one of the clubs who is constantly making huge sums from things like this. 

6 hours ago, the special one said:

If those deemed nowhere near good enough help subsidise the cost of incoming transfers this summer (i.e. Musonda as a makeweight for Bakayoko, or Traore for Tolisso) is our loan system still "sh*te" as you say?

There are certainly good parts about it, but its not like its 1 man who is in charge of every loan move/transfer. But whoever's idea it was to just buy random players like Hector and Papy and all these other random loan players need to get fired

2 hours ago, brakeit said:

Wow our loan system is really good. We often get good money for players, that we buy for 500k, then sold for millions. Christian Atsu for example or Bamford. We also take money for some of the loanes. We loan the player for 1 year, they give us money and pay the player the salary.

It`s a great money policity.

Thats where you are fooled.. Buying a player for 500k and selling them for a few million might seem like good business (which im not saying it isnt) but when you look at the size of our club, a few million is practically nothing. We could easily just have got more 5million for Oscar and straight away we would have made the same money.

Also, in the majority of cases, we are the ones paying the salary of the players while they are on loan, so its just a waste when a lot of them wont even make it

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

The loan system is the way it is because we need to make up revenue due to playing in a relatively small stadium. It's been vital to our past and current success.

Tibo bought for peanuts and loaned to Spain to develop and is now out no 1.

Lukaku bought for around 12 mill and sold for double that.

KDB bought for 6 and sold for a near £20 million. 

Those are only a couple of many similar stories with our system, the figures may be lower but the percentage of profit remains and ensures we keep the revenue streams high.

football is a business and we are one of the clubs who is constantly making huge sums from things like this. 

This is the point im making, I'm all for loaning out players of that caliber but the players we buy like Hector, Papy and the ones who get loaned out to terrible leagues and terrible clubs are the ones we should be getting rid of. 

I mean seriously, out of our current crop of 30-40 loanees, I'd say only about 10-15 at the absolute most really stand a chance of being a big star in the future, the rest are championship or below level

Dude we already sold Bamford for 10mln. Atsu for 8mln.

For Traore we want 20mln.

And we are doing this constantly.

And every million is imporant, esp. when you do this with a lot of players.

And how exactly you know that we pay the salaries of our young players? We even get a fee for loan out a players. For guy like Salah we take 5mln for 1 season loan.

12 minutes ago, JJP said:

Thats where you are fooled.. Buying a player for 500k and selling them for a few million might seem like good business (which im not saying it isnt) but when you look at the size of our club, a few million is practically nothing. We could easily just have got more 5million for Oscar and straight away we would have made the same money.

Also, in the majority of cases, we are the ones paying the salary of the players while they are on loan, so its just a waste when a lot of them wont even make it

Fair call. Just doesn't bother me. As you said, the money doesn't mean much, which goes for wages too. I do think our current system keeps our options open over which players could make it here. Trouble is, there sometimes may be a wee too many options, i.e. 50-odd players on loan at a time.

Edited by BellettiBullet

Just now, BellettiBullet said:

Fair call. Just doesn't bother me. As you said, the money doesn't mean much, which goes for wages too. I do think it keeps our options open over which players could make it here. Trouble is, there sometimes may be a wee too many options (maybe :biggrin:)

yeah of course, im not saying it doesnt keep our options open, for example look at Christensen, Abraham and even Ake this season.. They were all huge successes and always said to have massive potential.. But for every player we have of that level with massive potential we have players like Delac, Cuevas, Omeruo and Piazon who have only ever shown flashes of being great, but the vast majority of the time have been well below par, yet season after season we keep loaning them out to various different clubs. Thats where I have the issue with our loan system

Papy was with us for six montgs, then after a loan to Germany we made a 5 million profit. Bloody great business if you ask me. Piazon was touted as the next Kaká. Its easy to point out someone not beibg good enough in hindsight

Edited by Xfaxtor