Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Excellent player. Good signing by Bayern. Would still rather sign Rice though.

Yes indeed. Oh for Bayern's recruiting approach.

I think Rice will be a good addition but I'm not sure he is the answer to our midfield issues.  I do think our midfield maybe needs a bit more of an all round spark than a dedicated holder and distributor like Rice. But we shall see what happens.

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Yes indeed. Oh for Bayern's recruiting approach.

I think Rice will be a good addition but I'm not sure he is the answer to our midfield issues.  I do think our midfield maybe needs a bit more of an all round spark than a dedicated holder and distributor like Rice. But we shall see what happens.

Ideal is Mount playing deeper for me. We have seen how creative he has been and how many chances he has set up.

My hope going forward would be us being so flexible as to be able to switch between using a 4-3-3 system of some sort for most of the teams in league and europe and then going to our 3-4-3 for the games against sides who will be more offensive and leave more space in behind.

So something like

Mendy

James

Silva

Rudiger 

Chilwell

Rice 

Kante

Mount

Havertz

Giroud

Pulisic/Werner

Then

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kante

Rice

Chilwell

Mount

Havertz

Werner

Hopefully the first system allows us to get more bodies forward and score more and beat the mid to lower league sides. 

Edited by axman2526

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ideal is Mount playing deeper for me. We have seen how creative he has been and how many chances he has set up.

My hope going forward would be us being so flexible as to be able to switch between using a 4-3-3 system of some sort for most of the teams in league and europe and then going to our 3-4-3 for the games against sides who will be more offensive and leave more space in behind.

So something like

Mendy

James

Silva

Rudiger 

Chilwell

Rice 

Kante

Mount

Havertz

Giroud

Pulisic/Werner

Then

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kante

Rice

Chilwell

Mount

Havertz

Werner

Hopefully the first system allows us to get more bodies forward and score more and beat the mid to lower league sides. 

I think largely this is how it works now. It flicks between a 3-5-2 and a 3-4-3 depending on the stage in game. I'd suspect this is why they are interested in Traore who could transform the formation into a 4-3-3 with Dave sliding out to RB. 

We've seen before with Conte that eventually teams work you out and you have to adjust and tweak your approach to keep winning or keep buying better players.

I'm sure this is what Tuchel is doing over the summer is understanding where we need to go next and what the squad needs to look like to enable that.

So something like

Mendy

James

Silva

Rudiger 

Chilwell

Rice 

Kante

Mount

Havertz

Giroud

Pulisic/Werner

Then

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kante

Rice

Chilwell

Mount

Havertz

Werner

I think largely this is how it works now. It flicks between a 3-5-2 and a 3-4-3 depending on the stage in game. I'd suspect this is why they are interested in Traore who could transform the formation into a 4-3-3 with Dave sliding out to RB. 

We've seen before with Conte that eventually teams work you out and you have to adjust and tweak your approach to keep winning or keep buying better players.

I'm sure this is what Tuchel is doing over the summer is understanding where we need to go next and what the squad needs to look like to enable that.

So something like

Mendy

James

Silva

Rudiger 

Chilwell

Rice 

Kante

Mount

Havertz

Giroud

Pulisic/Werner

Then

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kante

Rice

Chilwell

Mount

Havertz

Werner

One sub and our team looks so different. 

1 minute ago, Deino said:

One sub and our team looks so different. 

Gives a lot of flexability if we can work it.

Need to be more offensive? Sub off any of the back 3 and put on Giroud, need to be more defensive? Do the reverse.

Just now, axman2526 said:

Gives a lot of flexability if we can work it.

Need to be more offensive? Sub off any of the back 3 and put on Giroud, need to be more defensive? Do the reverse.

I think it's doable with the current squad. This is the most tactically flexible group of players we've ever had imo.

Have read Arsenal ate looking to sign Wolves player Ruben Neves for around 34mill.

At that price he seems like he would be worth a look?

Absolutely not. He's very good on the ball but it would be a photo finish between him, Jorginho and current-level Gary Cahill in a sprint.

It doesn't make him a bad player but he just doesn't address many weaknesses in our squad. We need our DM to be more mobile (relative to Jorginho) to cover ground quickly and engage the counter-press or counter-attack.

On 05/06/2021 at 10:58, axman2526 said:

So something like

Mendy

James

Silva

Rudiger 

Chilwell

Rice 

Kante

Mount

Havertz

Giroud

Pulisic/Werner

Then

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Rudiger

James

Kante

Rice

Chilwell

Mount

Havertz

Werner

For me against packed d just play 442

St - Havertz 

Mount - DM - Kante - CHO

Chilwell - 2 cb - James 

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

For me against packed d just play 442

St - Havertz 

Mount - DM - Kante - CHO

Chilwell - 2 cb - James 

Mount left midfield? 

Gus Poyet style. Lamps actually played there aswell for a while in his first season. Not sure though tbh, might as well play 2 wingers. 

3 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Absolutely not. He's very good on the ball but it would be a photo finish between him, Jorginho and current-level Gary Cahill in a sprint.

It doesn't make him a bad player but he just doesn't address many weaknesses in our squad. We need our DM to be more mobile (relative to Jorginho) to cover ground quickly and engage the counter-press or counter-attack.

Spot on. Key to any new midfield signing is the ability to cover ground quickly either to press or cover behind the press. 

7 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

But them screamers though..

6 hours ago, big blue said:

Mount left midfield? 

Gus Poyet style. Lamps actually played there aswell for a while in his first season. Not sure though tbh, might as well play 2 wingers. 

Offensively Mount will be narrower to allow Chilwell to play wider and higher similar to how he play right now. We will still build up in 343/352 shape

St - st

Chilwell - Mount -Kante - CHO

Rice

Cb - cb-james

However once we get to opp final third

It will be

Chilwell - Mount - ST - Havertz - CHO

Rice - Kante------James

Cb - cb

CHO maintain width, James play narrower so he can spam his patented deep cross. 

Edited by Bob stark

What about Sergio Ramos? I know there is no rumour on this, but I personally think it'd be a brilliant free transfer. And he is not playing at the Euros either, so he could be at Cobham since the very first day of pre season. Just turned 35 a few months back, I still think he has at least one massive season in him and his leadership could help us in what is an important next season when we will be challenging for the PL title.

If Thiago Silva can do it at 36, Ramos can do it, too, at 35, he is a fitness freak and I think Tuchel's tactics also benefit older defenders to be honest, it is a rigid structure that does not expose the defenders through a high line, it is actually made to primary protect the three defenders.

Edited by petre ispirescu

11 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Sergio Romero has been released by Man Utd. This is completely dependent on what we end up doing with Kepa, but Romero is a keeper I've always thought was half decent - worth a punt as backup?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfers-sergio-romero-20756717

Might be a decent pick like Martinez considering Mensu might be away for 2mths at AFCON

2 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Might be a decent pick like Martinez considering Mensu might be away for 2mths at AFCON

At least it will [in theory] be the last time, considering they intend on moving future AFCONs to the summer.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Generally speaking, the signings that work out well are the £30-50m signings. Alot of the £100m signings have flopped. 

We did really well last year to sign young hungry players. I hope we don’t go money crazy. 

Is that not maybe because there is more signings at £30m to £50m, than there is £100m+? 

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/the-100-most-expensive-football-transfers-of-all-time/ikr3oojohla51fh9adq3qkwpu

Thats the top 100, not accounting for inflation. I would say theres as many hits and misses at the top, as there is at the bottom of that list. 

Hopefully if we do get Haaland, we get a massive hit, because we have burnt alot of times in the past. We are definitely due a major transfer success.  

If we got Haaland I could see us getting Hakimi (spelling) for better distribution down the right. If Ziyech and CHO go then I would see another right winger joining us,

If we don't get Haaland, I could see us getting Rice, someone like Ings, and again if Ziyech and CHO go then I would see another right winger joining us.

Just thinking with Haaland we might offer something like Tammy, CHO and £60m.

So many moving parts and if Pulisic ups tools something else will change too.

26 minutes ago, dkw said:

For anyone who claims these twitter ITK'S are great, this is what they are, absolute scammers..

By all accounts it was as good as done him going Barca but PSG have apparently swooped in, doubled the wages on offer and just blown Barca out of the water. 

As he is a free agent he was free to change his mind because he hadn't put pen to paper on the Barca contract yet. 

That's not to say I don't agree about ITK accounts though. 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

For anyone who claims these twitter ITK'S are great, this is what they are, absolute scammers..

He is a journalist who reports what he hears. There are loads of times when transfers are close and dont happen. People change their mind, might go somewhere else for more money etc. I wouldnt say he is an ITK account. He is like matt law, he has plenty of connections, because thats his job. I dont think he is one of those Journos that just spew random nonsense for clicks, what he says has substance. Im sure if Wijnaldum releases an autobiography when hangs his boots up, he will say himself he was close to signing for Barca. 

Its pretty obvious which journalist and accounts to listen to and which is clickbait.