Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Dortmund don't sell Haaland this year his buy out clause kicks in next summer when they'd be forced to accept any offers of £70m. 

Only way they can get around this would be if Haaland signed a new contract but that's unlikely. 

So Dortmund have to decide if one more season with Haaland is worth losing out on £60/70m worth of income. Historically Dortmund have shown a tendancy to spend less than their outgoing sales. The oppotnity to make £200m from selling just 2 players following a season of reduced income from the pandemic might prove too good an oppotunity to turn down. 

Dortmund's financial situation is somewhat precarious due to the pandemic. Were it not for the Ousmane Dembele money some years ago they'd be in crisis for sure.

On one hand Haaland is a big earner, smashing their previous wage structure, and another year of his wages probably puts the "loss" closer to  £80m. Suppose they sell both Haaland and Sancho;  that's £150m to invest in keeping the club afloat and a healthy £50m transfer budget. £200m in this market may be the difference between Dortmund being the next Schalke and securing its long-term financial future.

Haaland alone isn't going to win them a title against a Nagelsmann-led Bayern Munich. Bayern will likely be one of the first clubs knocking when that release clause activates - waiting another season could lead to a real awkward twist of fate. Dortmund's problem is that RB Leipzig can do everything they can do but with more money, and that puts them on a timer for being successful.

On the other hand,  £72m (+ bonuses, you'd imagine) for Sancho is a decent sum on its own. Sure, Haaland goes for cheaper next season, but ~ £150m isn't exactly crying poor. They could reinvest that into the club, betting that Gio Reyna and Jude Bellingham are also likely to attract mega-money transfers in a few years time. Haaland gives them a better chance of going deep in the Champions League and that's additional revenue again.

Either way you look at it Dortmund are in a winning position, which only really means one thing - we need to pay up or shut up.

49 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Dortmund don't sell Haaland this year his buy out clause kicks in next summer when they'd be forced to accept any offers of £70m. 

Only way they can get around this would be if Haaland signed a new contract but that's unlikely. 

So Dortmund have to decide if one more season with Haaland is worth losing out on £60/70m worth of income. Historically Dortmund have shown a tendancy to spend less than their outgoing sales. The oppotnity to make £200m from selling just 2 players following a season of reduced income from the pandemic might prove too good an oppotunity to turn down. 

I'm inclined to agree, thing is Roman is apparently involved in this deal. I think it will be a long drawn out saga I don't want to get people's hopes up or jinx it but, it should be an interesting summer one way or the other.

I believe the reports Haaland is interested in us, I'm not sure about the ones that say we have agreed personal terms. I think knowing he would be the record transfer to England would be a big ego boost for him. Also he wants q challenge and being a top striker at Chelsea is pretty much as hard as it gets.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Can't help wondering if Madrid have signed a pre-contract as in they have first choice on Haaland next season and have agreed to pay x amount over his £70m buyout figure. 

36 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Madrid are skint, a Haaland type deal would drown them. 

Well there is something strange happening.

Headlines that have appeared over the last few weeks:

• Haaland does not want to go to Chelsea.
  • No offers received.
  • Haaland agrees personal terms with Chelsea.
  • Haaland's agent has negotiations with Madrid.
  • RA to personally negotiate the Haaland transfer.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

They always find the money and they can raise it with some of the fringe players they have, have a look who’s there.

He won’t be joining us unless we pay 120m + AND have an agreed buy out clause put into the contract (which would be resisted by the club)

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Doesn’t mean they won’t secure the funding which I expect them to do next season. As bad as Barca’s books are, they secured a €500m loan from Goldman Sachs in May. I expect Madrid to go the same route next year if they require funding for both Mbappe & Haaland

More of an opinion than a rumour but we spent heavily last summer after not spending the one before.

We have a huge wage bill, no income on match day. Maybe we simply cannot afford to bring in players without significant sales first to ease the wage bill but are stuck with Baka, Drinkwater, Batman etc on big wages.

Eventually wasted money has to catch up with even us.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

More of an opinion than a rumour but we spent heavily last summer after not spending the one before.

We have a huge wage bill, no income on match day. Maybe we simply cannot afford to bring in players without significant sales first to ease the wage bill but are stuck with Baka, Drinkwater, Batman etc on big wages.

Eventually wasted money has to catch up with even us.

When you win the Champions League I would expect sponsorship revenues to increase.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

When you win the Champions League I would expect sponsorship revenues to increase.

You would think so. Could also be TT only wanted to add significant quality or he would rather not sign.

Maybe he really rates Lukaku, Rice and players like this but if we cannot get them he said not to bother.

38 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

You would think so. Could also be TT only wanted to add significant quality or he would rather not sign.

Maybe he really rates Lukaku, Rice and players like this but if we cannot get them he said not to bother.

Would be great if we were only looking at quality rather than settling. We should have learned from recent seasons that we have some cracking young players who can fill squad roles, we don't need Barkley, Drinkwater et al. 

For mine this summer we probably need three players 1. Striker 2. CM 3. CB. Those are centrepiece players for the next five seasons. If you only managed one that would be fine, but I'd prefer we bought one good one than three average ones who don't really improve what we have. 

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Stumbling block on Haaland appears to be the get out clause the agent wants inserted if this has any accuracy -

https://www.football365.com/news/haaland-expects-chelsea-transfer-raiola-problem

If that were true it would follow along with what has been written before. That Haaland and his agent dont see us as a top club to stop a fair while with.

17 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Heard Goretzka is available for a cut price given his contract is up next year .. surely better option than rice!

I would love that transfer over Rice.

But he is a total different profile. Much more offensive minded and I believe they are looking now for a defensive minded player. 

Still hoping Ndidi here. Putting him next to Kanté and nobody passes our mid. 

2 hours ago, Night-T said:

But he is a total different profile. Much more offensive minded and I believe they are looking now for a defensive minded player. 

Ndidi would be a good addition but with Ndidi and Kante i would rather move to 4 at the back and throw more people forward.

9 hours ago, Night-T said:

I do like Ndidi, but i put in another thread that i like Franck Kessie. From what i have seen (which isn't a huge amount i confess) he looks like he would fit the DM/CM profile very well.

On 30/06/2021 at 22:22, Adamrb said:

Sadly I just don’t think mbappe and haaland see us as a big enough club compared to Utd city Barca and real. Sad but true

We have just won the Champions League for a second time. Any big player that signs for us is guaranteed to win the biggest of trophies if they perform well. No way are City a bigger club than Chelsea.

Yet does anyone genuinely think we will win the league this season?

I don't, if we acquired a good striker we would have a better chance yet I think we are  still a work in progress and last season we had some fortune along the way. 

Remember we were even not sure of 4th place until the last match of the season.

27 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Yet does anyone genuinely think we will win the league this season?

I don't, if we acquired a good striker we would have a better chance yet I think we are  still a work in progress and last season we had some fortune along the way. 

Remember we were even not sure of 4th place until the last match of the season.

No way are we challenging for the title,clearly in top 4 without a struggle and a trophy or two would be fantastic. 

I hope we dont do a repeat of the JM2 and Conte transfer windows right after winning the title.. I think that really unsettled us and cost the coaches their jobs and sent us backwards. I know it is early. but clearly the squad needs a physical DM and a Striker at the very minimum in my book .. and the ones that we are linked to currently are long shots. I just hope we dont mess this opportunity too.. There are plenty of strikers that will be an improvement over Tammy and Werner and we dont have a physical DM atall.

common Marina and the board dont mess this up pls.