Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

43 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

No thank you. Show-boating prick

queue farmer accent: get her doneeee!

he can show boat all day long if he brings his top game to the club and £40m aiint bad, quality player no ifs or buts about it

1 hour ago, wizardous said:

Lack of depth at CB is the only thing that makes me concerned at this point. In theory, our strongest back three at the moment would be Azpi - Silva - Chalobah, without a natural CB as a viable option from the bench. Which once again reassures me that selling Tomori was a huge mistake and probably the same could be assumed for Guehi. Unfortunately not the first time this happens to us so we're already used to that...

To be honest I'm not particularly impressed with either of Kounde or De Ligt, especially Kounde. In my opinion neither of them is the quality we need right now. De Ligt definitely has the potential but he didn't exactly live up to the hype at Juventus, even with playing alongside the likes of Bonucci and Chiellini. Playing in the Premier League would probably be biting off more than the can chew at the moment.

I think replacing Rudiger is the main dilemma. Kounde and De Ligt look much better than Christiansen, who honest could’ve  been replaced with a packet of crisp.  Azpi as much of a legend he is, he’s close to Ivanovic final season end game and I don’t think it will make a big difference on the pitch if he leaves.  Tomori isn’t good enough for me, can’t win a header and has no outstanding talents apart from recovering from his mistakes really quickly.  I quite like Guehi think he’s going to be a top player, hopefully Colwill is the better talent.  

Unless we bring in some experience like a Koulibaly then I feel it’s a back 3 again. I was hoping we’d move on to back 4 this season to help with our attack.

6 hours ago, Kantesmini said:

Ukraine is nothing to do with anything!

Ukraine has global implications due to oil and fertilise shortages and this has caused inflation across Europe and the US,  to think our owners won't be impacted is naive.

Whether it affects TT's budget we will have to wait and see. I think it might.

58 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

Ukraine has global implications due to oil and fertilise shortages and this has caused inflation across Europe and the US,  to think our owners won't be impacted is naive.

Nuh uh. oil? got loads. The sauidis have more. fert can be made anywhere china has more.

Do a deep dive on substack, find the truth 

X Files Nod GIF by The X-Files

2 hours ago, DarkMata said:

I think replacing Rudiger is the main dilemma. Kounde and De Ligt look much better than Christiansen, who honest could’ve  been replaced with a packet of crisp.  Azpi as much of a legend he is, he’s close to Ivanovic final season end game and I don’t think it will make a big difference on the pitch if he leaves.  Tomori isn’t good enough for me, can’t win a header and has no outstanding talents apart from recovering from his mistakes really quickly.  I quite like Guehi think he’s going to be a top player, hopefully Colwill is the better talent.  

Unless we bring in some experience like a Koulibaly then I feel it’s a back 3 again. I was hoping we’d move on to back 4 this season to help with our attack.

Completely agree about Rudiger as he was an integral part of our defense under Tuchel. On the other hand you seem to be forgetting how well Christensen did in that particular system, especially during 2021. If we put his off-pitch issues aside, I can't see Kounde or De Ligt being a massive upgrade...

If you ask me all of them are at a pretty similar level at the moment, although I'm afraid signing Kounde may even be a downgrade.

Edited by wizardous

9 hours ago, Kantesmini said:

Ukraine is nothing to do with anything!

Id point you in the scam/conspiracy direction tbh

The other day i saw them trying to guilt public opinion about grains not getting to...Africa! I had to have a sit down after that one hahaha crok of sh1te

Its big biz and big banks and all the parasites connected i.e politicians and a kabal of super wealthy weirdo boomers robbing the tax payer etc

I use to be a sceptic but oh boy the last couple years been a very interesting watch!

They all made loadsss out of the plandemic, Its only the poor and those who work that got screwed and even then small biz were rinsing that covid fund along with the big fish

40bn just spuffed into who knows hands! 

Nothing like a bit of war for cover 

Someone get Le Tiss his meds

51 minutes ago, wizardous said:

Completely agree about Rudiger as he was an integral part of our defense under Tuchel. On the other hand you seem to be forgetting how well Christensen did in that particular system, especially during 2021. If we put his off-pitch issues aside, I can't see Kounde or De Ligt being a massive upgrade...

If you ask me all of them are at a pretty similar level at the moment, although I'm afraid signing Kounde may even be a downgrade.

The part you are missing in this comparison is the fact that Kounde is 23 and de Ligt is 22. Christensen is 26 and Rüdiger 29, so they are what they are. Kounde and de Ligt have significant potential to reach, higher than what Christensen and Rüdiger offer now, and I believe Tuchel is the man that can get them there.

4 hours ago, Blueblur said:

No thank you. Show-boating prick

He is Newcastle's best player other than Bruno Guimaraes and they most likely wouldn't sell him for that prize, with what kind of money we paid for players clearly less skilfull than him, i think we should sign him if he was really available for that prize. He had the most dribbles in Europes top 5 leagues this season and was often alone against the whole defense of Newcastle's opponents, therefore his scoring statistics aren't great. We definitely lack such dribbling ability in our offense and i would prefer him to most of the players the media connects to us.

1 hour ago, wizardous said:

I was over exaggerating how bad Cristensen is but even during his best form he was too weak.  Players just needed to rough him up a bit and he’d avoid them for the rest of the match.  From what I’ve seen of De Ligt even at a young age at Ajax he would throw himself at anything.  

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

The part you are missing in this comparison is the fact that Kounde is 23 and de Ligt is 22. Christensen is 26 and Rüdiger 29, so they are what they are. Kounde and de Ligt have significant potential to reach, higher than what Christensen and Rüdiger offer now, and I believe Tuchel is the man that can get them there.

If we dont want to to pay Sevilla they 69m9ll they want for Kounde,  why on earth do we think we will pay 100mill for De Ligt?

De Ligt is legit - if there is any truth that would be one great signing. I’d go for Kounde also if we are intent on a back 3, or simply because Dave and Silva are likely in their last year at the club. 

Rabiot is an interesting one - bit of a numbers game in midfield. Can’t be worse than Saul or RLC? Add Gallagher in there and we have the numbers in midfield, still lack the goals though. 

need wing back depth but not sure where that comes from  

the forwards - don’t know where to start! 

From The Telegraph:

Thomas Tuchel has been promised as many as six summer signings by Chelsea’s new owners who have set Champions League qualification as a minimum target for their first season in charge in which they aim to close the gap on Manchester City and Liverpool.

Head coach Tuchel has held transfer summits with co-owner Todd Boehly and key staff this week to finalise Chelsea’s transfer plans after agreeing a deal to loan Romelu Lukaku back to Inter Milan.

A big-money move for Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt has been boosted by reports from Italy claiming the Dutchman will not sign a new contract and is ready to move to the Premier League.

Chelsea need to sign at least two new central defenders, with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde also high on their list, and could additionally move for greater cover at wing-back in the form of Jonathan Clauss.

With top-class strikers at a premium, Chelsea may not sign a like-for-like replacement for Lukaku but have identified attackers such as Raheem Sterling, Ousmane Dembele, Richarlison and Arsenal target Gabriel Jesus who could add goals and assists.

Tuchel has in the region of £200million to spend, although that figure could be further boosted by sales and a senior source told Telegraph Sport: “The key is to basically work with Tuchel to come up with the best players that are available. We really want to make sure we have a good defence. We've got depth in midfield. We're not desperate for an out-and-out striker.

“Fortunately, there's reasonable opportunities in the market right now in order to satisfy the fans' desire to be competitive. I think it's a combination of moves and there's five or six that we're going to look to make.”

Despite offering Tuchel, who the Boehly-Clearlake consortium believe is “super talented”, greater power, Chelsea’s new owners have made their ambition clear to the German.

“I think table stakes is Champions League qualification and then everything beyond that,” said the source.

“Obviously from the English fans point of view, winning the Premier League is extremely important, and then from a global perspective, winning the Champions League is extremely important. Being in a position year in and year out to be competitive.”

With Marina Granovskaia following Bruce Buck out of the exit, Boehly is, for now, filling both the chairman and sporting director roles. As well as working on transfers, he has this week made the first move to instigate talks over a new contract with England international Reece James.

Boehly’s decision to name himself part-time sporting director has surprised some of Chelsea’s rivals who have questioned whether or not he is qualified to take on the task.

But insiders insisted this is an “interim situation” and that the club will get a new full-time sporting director, with a check set to be made on whether or not Liverpool’s outgoing Michael Edwards could be tempted to Stamford Bridge.

Doubts remain over the futures of captain Cesar Azpilicueta, who Tuchel wants to keep, Marcos Alonso, Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech, Christian Pulisic and Kepa Arrizabalaga, but Chelsea’s head coach has discussed the need for a large squad because of the change in rules that will allow five substitutions.

“Obviously with five substitutions coming, there's more and more opportunities for players to get minutes, which makes depth even more important,” added the source.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/24/thomas-tuchel-promised-six-summer-signings-new-chelsea-owners/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656070150-1

Just wish they'd get on with it!

14 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Christensen isn't a finished article by no means, and Rudiger also has the best years of a CB's career ahead of him. I'd say you might be right when it comes to De Ligt, because he clearly has the potential (although I'm not sure he can become world class). On the other hand I believe Kounde is a bit overrated by the public.

13 hours ago, DarkMata said:

I was over exaggerating how bad Cristensen is but even during his best form he was too weak.  Players just needed to rough him up a bit and he’d avoid them for the rest of the match.  From what I’ve seen of De Ligt even at a young age at Ajax he would throw himself at anything.  

During his best form, Christensen was a beast and arguably our best defender. Just remember, for example, Liverpool away.

De Ligt in Juventus is a different story compared to Ajax. Too many individual errors, penalties given etc.

20 minutes ago, wizardous said:

Christensen isn't a finished article by no means, and Rudiger also has the best years of a CB's career ahead of him. I'd say you might be right when it comes to De Ligt, because he clearly has the potential (although I'm not sure he can become world class). On the other hand I believe Kounde is a bit overrated by the public.

During his best form, Christensen was a beast and arguably our best defender. Just remember, for example, Liverpool away.

De Ligt in Juventus is a different story compared to Ajax. Too many individual errors, penalties given etc.

Beast is definitely the wrong word for such a fragile player (physically and mentally), but I agree that at his best he looked top quality. I'm sorry we've lost him but in his final season he never looked like the reliable CB we need.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

That's the first and only time I've ever seen anyone claim Christensen is a beast 😅

Simply because you took it out of context. For the whole first half of 2021 (including Euros) he was unplayable.

Edited by wizardous

Pretty horrified we've been linked with Ake.

Wouldn't take him on a free.

Thought we massively ripped Bournemouth off getting 20m for him since then he went on to be part of a defence that routinely set records for goals conceded before ending up last choice CB at another PL club.

If he didn't look like Ruud Gullit he'd be in the championship.  

He's the Sarr of Manchester City. Not the quality we need and at 27 he never will be.

Edited by HazardousChoice

On 23/06/2022 at 20:21, strider6004 said: