Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

When we were linked to him around 07-08 was the best time to sign him, not saying he's past it, I'm a big ibra fan, but signing him now doesn't make much sense with the current transfer trend at the club.

24 May 2013

Jose Mourinho is considering bringing goalkeeper Diego Lopez with him from Real Madrid to Chelsea to provide stronger back-up to first-choice Petr Cech next season.

Mourinho stunned Spanish football by picking Lopez ahead of Iker Casillas for the second half of the campaign.

The decision caused a lot of friction in the dressing room and Lopez is believed to want to quit the club now that Mourinho is leaving and expected to join the Blues early next month.

Chelsea have had a problem regarding their second and third-choice keepers ever since Carlo Cudicini joined Tottenham in 2009.

Current duo Hilario and Ross Turnbull have struggled and are out of contract this summer. However, the club are considering offering Turnbull an extension despite him making just 19 appearances in four years.

Chelsea also have Belgium international Thibaut Courtois, who has been on loan for two seasons at Atletico Madrid, but don’t want to waste his talent by leaving him on the bench.

At the age of 37 and having not played for the Blues since August 2011, Hilario’s future is less secure and Mourinho is tempted to bring in Lopez instead.

The 31-year-old has impressed in goal for Real despite the furore surrounding his selection and played in their run to the Champions League semi-finals.

That experience would provide reassuring cover should Cech get injured or suspended. As one of Mourinho’s few allies during the latter stages of his reign, Real would welcome offers for his signature.

Meanwhile, former Italy international Marco Materazzi says he wants to become Mourinho’s assistant at Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese enjoyed a close bond with Materazzi during his time in charge of Inter Milan, which ended with the Italian club winning the treble, including the Champions League in his final season in 2010.

Memorably they were both pictured crying as Mourinho left the San Siro for the last time before joining Real. When asked about speculation he has been approached about becoming Mourinho’s No2, Materazzi said: “I’d love to, it’d be a dream! I’d be working with the No1, so what could be better?”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football

Looks like he's going too either Barcelona or Real Madrid as Santos have announced their decision to sell.

Shame in my opinion, could of been good to see him in this league. Instead, now he'll enhance his diving/rolling around skills and become a top class referee wrangler.

If he goes too Barcelona he will get outshone by Messi no doubt.

Edited by Sheva

Looks like he's going too either Barcelona or Real Madrid as Santos have announced their decision to sell.

Shame in my opinion, could of been good to see him in this league. Instead, now he'll enhance his diving/rolling around skills and become a top class referee wrangler.

Don't see why we don't just get a bid accepted and put our name in the mix. The amount being bounded around is about €30mil which compared to Falcao and Cavani who are 5 years older would be a steal. Get Oscar, Luiz, Rami on his case. I mean.. it can't hurt right? 

Don't see why we don't just get a bid accepted and put our name in the mix. The amount being bounded around is about €30mil which compared to Falcao and Cavani who are 5 years older would be a steal. Get Oscar, Luiz, Rami on his case. I mean.. it can't hurt right? 

I'm pretty sure he has always wanted to go to Barca.

spending 30m on another AM would be absolute madness

Anyone in the world would. Barca's wingers have been very dire, if he goes there then they'll certainly find a way to fit both Messi and him.

Lukaku and Drogba despite their similarities are quite different footballers.

Drogba is strong and technically proficient but slow.

Lukaku is an incredible athlete of size and speed but needs to work on his touch if he's to become a top striker.

Lukaku is an incredible athlete of size and speed but needs to work on his touch if he's to become a top striker.

Slow...man you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe at this very moment slower but he was never slow.

Lukaku's first touch is the problem but that can be fixed. He is a train of a man when he gets going.

Drogba had decent pace in his first few seasons as well, as he developed his touch and technique.