Random Rumours

The closest I can think of is Marek Hamsik. Quick, eye for goal and can head the ball. Oh, and he passes too.

He gets my vote, I like the fact that he can pass, one thing lamps lacks imo that creativtiy and them 40yard cross field passes.......might get a bit of sh*t from you lot after saying this

He gets my vote, I like the fact that he can pass, one thing lamps lacks imo that creativtiy and them 40yard cross field passes.......might get a bit of sh*t from you lot after saying this

I generally agree with this, although Frank's passing is generally decent - he does lack the ability of say Scholes (or even frickin' Rooney) to send one of those sweeping balls across pitch perfectly. In terms of creativity he's not creative in the conventional sense; i.e. got the flair and that killer pass to open up defenders (or at least he hasn't had it recently...) but I guess we haven't ever really played like that... but what he does bring when making the forward runs is space for the other attacking trio as he obviously gets a fair amount of attention.

Another issue about Frank, anyone else seen that (well, apart from Spurs) he's been shying away from 'those' long shots - seems like a couple of years ago we couldn't go 10 minutes without him having a blast...and every now and again they'd fly in - think this is a general thing about our season - I've not seen any proper wonder goals in terms of strikes like that for a while..whereas say other teams may've had a bit more luck in that department!

Im not sure where you get the idea he cant make a killer pass, he is always high up the assists league every season. He makes plenty of chance creating passes most seasons, and has made a few this one even though hr is having a poor season by his own high standards.

So hope this ain't true. We are going to see loads of stories like this over the summer.

At least link us with a quality player in form to make me feel a bit excited for the new season!

Sorry this story was in Sunday's Daily Star by the way.

I think thats a very good point.

But I have a feeling Eden Hazard could be our man

Hazard is a winger though. I do like Hamsik, and from what I've seen of Hazard he looks decent.

I certainly would mind haveing Hamsik, Ramires, Josh in the middle, and Hazard and either Sanchez or Neymar out wide.

A bit off-topic; I don't want to see Avram Grant anywhere near the team in any capacity. He has gotten 2 teams successively relegated but is now been linked with our technical director's position!

Why Arshavin when we can get Nasri? Whichever way we know Wenger will attempt to bleed us dry if we sniff around any of his players but I'd rather go for Nasri who has one year to go. I reckon for £15m or cash + part-exchange we could get him from Arsenal.

Talking about Arsenal, I have a sneaky feeling Fabregas is leaving & for the prices been quoted only a 4 teams are in with a chance; Us, City, Barcelona & Inter. I know people argue about his goal scoring abilities, but I reckon like Lamps, it can be worked on & his technical ability is undoubted + primarily he is a creator. If we are going to splash £30m + on a player in the centre in the park, I'd rather him or Nasri than a Kaka or Hamsik. Though I reckon City will outbid us anyways & it depends on him. I read somewhere that City wanted Xavi, which might result in Fabregas ending up in Barca.

Talking of City, I reckon we will probably wait till they have secured who they need 1st before going into the market. Adam Johnson will be worth a punt since I reckon Mancini doesn't rate him that high enough. Will they sell him to us though?

The whole Kaka & Neymar signing baffles me. If it was last season after winning a double, I will be all for it but after the mediocre season we are coming off & the 'elephant' that is Torres, we can't afford to gamble on another £30m+ player unproven in the league, well its Roman's Cash.

I'd rather we went for N'Zogbia + Nasri + Ashley Young combo for the £30m+ Kaka or Neymar will cost us & get 3 wingers or 2 wingers & Nasri in the centre. IMO these 3 will make us stronger & the whole Van der Weil RB bid is not something we really need. I'd rather leave Ivanovic there & use one of of our young left backs/ N'Zogbia/Luiz as backup.

If we started next season with N'Zogbia + Nasri + Young as add-ons & fully integrated Sturridge, Kakuta, Josh & our 2 young LB's into the team, I will be one happy man.

** btw is the UEFA FFP rules not kicking in this June?

Ducavis,

the thing about hamsik and is only 22 fair enough he is not proven in epl but think of the great players that have come over and made eg tevez. Hamsik plays in the italien league and isn't jury prone, unlike fabregas, and he is destined for barca anyway imo. The only thing with n zogbia is will he just be a squad member is he good enough??

I would much rather neymar than nasri. Also heard bayern r interested in nasri.

The fifa play rules are next year I think, not too sure whether they will actually come into play

Fabregas will only go to Barcelona there's no point in speculating otherwise, and I really can't see Barcelona selling Xavi to City - I know the article you're referring to saying City will offer him 'one last massive pay cheque' however I'm sure he's quite contempt playing at the best club in the world on a probably decent wage, with players he's been playing with all his life.