Random Rumours

Real Betis manager Pepe Mel has warned Manchester City and Chelsea that transfer target Benat Etxebarria will not be sold for less than €20million.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11847/8380360/Real-Betis-coach-Pepe-Mel-insists-Benat-Etxebarria-will-not-leave-on-the-cheap

I think I never heard of this guy before. Anyone know more about him?

All I know is that he's one of La Liga's top players, would slot in very nicely in the role currently occupied by Luiz, Very much in the Strootman/Moutinho mould.

No idea if he's worth that much though, barely watch Betis and the bit I saw isn't really enough to judge.

Edited by Remodez

I've seen that Rossi is set to go to Fiorentina, I know a lot of people are keen on Jovetic who seems to be a similar player to Rossi so is Jovetic off or have Fiorentina just signed Rossi to make their attack even better?

From what I have heard from the fans, Rossi have been brought in to help Jovetic. But theres always the possibility for him to be the replacement if Jovetic is off. Saying that, im not sure you'd want to be too reliant on Rossi given his injury history.

Fiorentina may end up selling Jovetic, but I wouldn't think the signing of Rossi has anything to do with it. At 10 million euros, he's simply too good of a bargain for a club like that to pass up. If he recovers from his injuries, you've got a young, world class forward that you can either keep or sell on for a big profit. If he doesn't, you haven't wasted that much money. Whoever's in charge of Fiorentina's transfers is very shrewd. Picking up Savic essentially for free in the Natasic deal, now this. Great work.

I was also impressed with Matias Fernandez and the Borja Valero transfers I know neither player are world beaters but they are still very good. Fiorentina seem to be being run in the right way. I was just speculating as I don't know that much about Italian football but I do know Rossi and Jovetic are similar so didn't know if it was potential like for like.

It's 10M rising to 16M based on addons so he's not exactly a bargain given the way his value has fluctuated over the last few years. Daniele Prade made the move I think.

It's 10m if he's a total flop, though. If he hits the escalators in the contract, then that's surely a good thing.

A healthy Giuseppe Rossi could fetch at least twice the 16m.

I've seen that Rossi is set to go to Fiorentina, I know a lot of people are keen on Jovetic who seems to be a similar player to Rossi so is Jovetic off or have Fiorentina just signed Rossi to make their attack even better?

I doubt Jovetic will leave now just because Rossi came. I think Rossi has been injured for more or less a year now and he won't play until march, so Fiorentina hasn't exactly bought a player who will step into the team immediately.

There are other rumours surrounding strikers to Fiorentina, so they might get someone else to possibly replace Jovetic.

But I doubt he'll leave before summer.

me thinks modric lost his chance of joining us now...shame, I reckon he would have done a good job, although there is no way he was worth £40m

Thought he was excellent for Spurs but we simply don't need him with the players we have now. I'll probably be chastised for not wanting him but like many id rather we bought a Ballack-esqe type player for the Cdm role. We have too many skillful but lightweight players imo.

Guest RFC_CFC

Uno is correct, we badly need a bit of muscle in our team. Ba adds some strengh but in the middle of the park we are full of small technically gifted players but against the bruisers we sometimes fall short.