Random Rumours

Benitez has confirmed there will be no more incoming transfers for Chelsea this January.

Good angle on this, is perhaps they have a manager lined up & don't want to buy players he doesn't want.

Bad angle is we have players like Marin & Torres getting game time, both of them have very little confidence.

So we are basically writing off the Europa League then?

Unless Moses and Torres could become a lethal strike force for us that is...

So we are basically writing off the Europa League then?

Unless Moses and Torres could become a lethal strike force for us that is...

Moses and Ba could link up well tbh. When Moses gets to the end line he finally has something to aim at when crossing it into the box. Also think that Oscar will get a bit more game time if we start scoring more and finishing games earlier..Europa league could be a good thing for us this season. Give us games to try things out and get players like Marin, Bertrand and Oscar a few games..

Moses and Ba could link up well tbh. When Moses gets to the end line he finally has something to aim at when crossing it into the box. Also think that Oscar will get a bit more game time if we start scoring more and finishing games earlier..Europa league could be a good thing for us this season. Give us games to try things out and get players like Marin, Bertrand and Oscar a few games..

I believe Ba is cup tied in the Europa after playing for Newcastle in it, so not an option for us there, only in the league and FA cup.

I believe Ba is cup tied in the Europa after playing for Newcastle in it, so not an option for us there, only in the league and FA cup.

Ahh yes sorry, misread your post. Don't think we're all that interested in it. Back to the Champions league next year I hope.

Reports in the papers that we are interested in Butland for £3 million.

Can't see it when we have 2 class GK's on our books.

Wouldnt be the worse of moves, Courtois no doubt will stay on loan for next season too. There's no point bringing him back until he will play every game for us ie (Cech Leaves/Retires).

Apparently we have been looking at Sampdorias Mauro Icardi. Only 19 years old and is considered a really talented striker. Think he's scored 7 goals in 16 games, which is good, though six of them came recently against Juventus (2) and Pescara (4). So only one goal before that, if the stats are correct.

• 1 month later...

Hulk wants to come to Chelsea:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/21/hulk-eyes-up-chelsea-move-after-growing-disillusioned-with-life-at-zenit-3554253/

How interesting, if only we had a separate thread to discuss this...

Metro alone has us linked to Hulk, Yaya Toure and Luke Shaw this morning.

Wow....

Agree and I don't think they would sign him as a centre forward either.

The fee he would command would be better spent on a more natural goalscorer. 

Straight swap for Torres? I would have some of that, & nothing more than Torres deserves for all the performances he has put in for us would be to have those supporters behind his efforts.

There would be teams that would take him on loan and teams that would take him for shirt sales, although he is unlikely to want to join those teams. But i can see the same thing happening what happened to Veron (remember him), Crespo and Sheva. Loaned out until his contract is up. Maybe in the last season buy him out of his contract.

There would be teams that would take him on loan and teams that would take him for shirt sales, although he is unlikely to want to join those teams. But i can see the same thing happening what happened to Veron (remember him), Crespo and Sheva. Loaned out until his contract is up. Maybe in the last season buy him out of his contract.

Maybe if we do buy Falcao we might loan Torres to A. Madrid as part of the deal as a sweetener?

No ones gonna fork over money for him but a loan deal as part of securing the striker we want?

Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?