Random Rumours

Money

Seen as QPR are about to be relegated  :biggrin: and Cesar is about to be fined for having his photo taken for wearing a Chelsea shirt at Sideshows birthday party and he has stated he wants to stay in London next season. I would like to start a totally unfounded rumour that we will sign him as back up to Petr next season

No way will they want £30m tops £20m, and why not Benteke & Lukaku? Personally Benteke at £20m & say £90k/w wages is a low risk investment when compared to Falcao at £40m + £200k/w wages. With Benteke, you either end up with a potentially £30m+ player or if things don't work out you take a reasonable hit & move on. However with Falcao, if it ends up badly you are stuck with him. Bet Roman goes with the Hollywood signing and Benteke ends up at Spurs, and in a few years time Levy will demand £40m.

Edited by ducavis

No way will they want £30m tops £20m, and why not Benteke & Lukaku? Personally Benteke at £20m & say £90k/w wages is a low risk investment when compared to Falcao at £40m + £200k/w wages. With Benteke, you either end up with a potentially £30m+ player or if things don't work out you take a reasonable hit & move on. However with Falcao, if it ends up badly you are stuck with him. Bet Roman goes with the Hollywood signing and Benteke ends up at Spurs, and in a few years time Levy will demand £40m.

Every now and then you just need to invest in quality rather than potential.

As SAF has proved this year buying a striker who has a proven track record of scoring goal consistently can be the difference with winning the title.

Benteke is a good forward no question but not the finished article yet, a player like Falcao just takes your team to another level. 

He was utter sh*te against us. ALl he did all game was get offside. Haven't really seen him other than that, so my opinion is skewed, but he seems sh*t to me.

Ah, I suppose one game is always enough upon which to judge a player. Having said that, Benteke seems a good target man who knows where the goal is but he would do well to get to Adebayor levels. We should much rather stick to Lukaku, he's the bigger talent to me.

Edited by Teritus

You think Villa are just going to give him up for 20 million. They signed him for 7. He is on a couple of year contract. They dont need to sell him. 20 Mill will no come close to the asking price.