Random Rumours

Money

Well ultimately player is worth as much as the club who buys him pay for him...for them at least. I think Real will buy him but it wont go over Ronaldo's world record fee. Probably close to that still.

Lets face it Bale is a brilliant player, very entertaining to watch because of his pace. Only Hazard from the Prem matches the flair and that is why he is valued (by the American study) close to Bale and as the most expensive player from Chelsea.

On top of that Spurs are not able to replace him so footballing-wise they lose here big time. If they lose him no CL football for them(again), I'd imagine and by that tens of millions of revenue lost not to mention the loss on image and shirts sales.

Thing is they spent £80m on Ronaldo and have only won two trophies.

Is that a good return for the financial out put in terms of on the pitch success?

Now they're looking at throwing another £80m+ on one player.... It just makes no sense to me.

ronaldo has scored 201 goals in 199 games, and has earned the club a large chunk of money back. Id say it was money well spent, If they hadn't bought him, they wouldn't have won anything in that time period. He's still got at least a couple more seasons to try and win more silverware.

I think people are forgetting Ronaldo is 28 and probably has another 2/3 years left at his current level, at which point he will be 30/31 and on massive wages. Madrid are most likely looking to bring in Bale to learn off him and eventually replace Ronaldo hence the high fee.

Bale is ahead of hazard by some margin, also more advanced in his career. Hazard may get better.

Bale has more speed and scores a lot more goals. Bale is also better than mata because of his pace and power.

That's just my opinion I know. Mata and hazard are great players and I wouldn't swap them for bale but bale is clearly worth more than either of them.

He may not succeed at real, but he is going to give spurs a massive war chest. I don't think he's worth as much as real are going to pay mainly because of the risk he won't settle in Spain.

I don't think he is as good as Ronaldo was when madrid bought him but he is close to that leveling what I've seen.

To me the main question is whether he can keep that form up as Ronaldo has done for many seasons now.

Edited by ozboy

Bale is ahead of hazard by some margin, also more advanced in his career. Hazard may get better. Bale has more speed and scores a lot more goals. Bale is also better than mata because of his pace and power. That's just my opinion I know. Mata and hazard are great players and I wouldn't swap them for bale but bale is clearly worth more than either of them. He may not succeed at real, but he is going to give spurs a massive war chest. I don't think he's worth as much as real are going to pay mainly because of the risk he won't settle in Spain. I don't think he is as good as Ronaldo was when madrid bought him but he is close to that leveling what I've seen. To me the main question is whether he can keep that form up as Ronaldo has done for many seasons now.

Going to have disagree greatly with your comments on Mata. Hazard is somewhat understandable and a case can be made each way but Mata is miles ahead and worth a heck of a lot more than Bale. 

Mata is far less flashy than Bale, but put either of them in a team with quality players and I know which one will contribute more goals (Mata).

Bale however would be better in a team with lower quality players (Like at Spuds, but not at all like RM).

I don't think Bale is anywhere near as good as Ronaldo was when he moved though, not even in the same league.

Not really leagues apart. Hazard is just more flashy and his passes tend to look more impressive whereas Bale generally keeps it simple and straight forward, both get the job done regardless. 

so hazards 11 assists against bales 4, just LOOKS more impressive, but its actually the same

ok, gotcha

Bale scored important goals at important times, and those goals were the reason Spurs were competitive. But his other contributions are much less impressive.

To have Bale potentially becoming the worlds most expensive player is mind boggling. Just as Andy Carrol being the most expensive British player is unfathomable.

Bale doesn't come close to Ronaldo when he transferred, and never will. That's not to say Bale is worthless, or a bad footballer, just that he doesn't justify the fee, not even close. 40-50mil would be "fair".

so hazards 11 assists against bales 4, just LOOKS more impressive, but its actually the same

ok, gotcha

Yes, Hazard's created chances were converted into goals more than Bale's were. You sure showed me, guess that means anyone who got less than 11 assists last season are leagues apart from Hazard. Shame too cause I quite like Silva, Carzola, Pastore, Giovinco, Vucinic, Gotze, Reus, etc. 

Yes, Hazard's created chances were converted into goals more than Bale's were. You sure showed me, guess that means anyone who got less than 11 assists last season are leagues apart from Hazard. Shame too cause I quite like Silva, Carzola, Pastore, Giovinco, Vucinic, Gotze, Reus, etc. 

Yes i so totally said any player who has less assists than Hazard is leagues apart from him. I quickly deleted that post, so it doesnt exist now, but you still managed to pick up on it.

Are you honestly suggesting Bale is as creative as Silva, Gotze . . . (never heard of this Carlzola guy) . . .?

And Vucinic? Yeah, I wont bother looking at his stats but how on earth can he be compared to Hazard?

Mata doesn't even start for Spain right now. I luv the lad but try selling him for 100 m and see how you go.

You're presuming that 100m is a rational price to pay. This is Real Madrid we are talking about. They consider merchandising and press attention more important than their on pitch success.

To say nothing of the fact that Mata has been one of the five best Spanish players in the world the last 12 months, regardless of how or when Del Bosque picks him.

I don't think Bale is anywhere near as good as Ronaldo was when he moved though, not even in the same league.

Absolutely, 100% agreed. This transfer being the same price is utter facking madness. 

Yes i so totally said any player who has less assists than Hazard is leagues apart from him. I quickly deleted that post, so it doesnt exist now, but you still managed to pick up on it.

Are you honestly suggesting Bale is as creative as Silva, Gotze . . . (never heard of this Carlzola guy) . . .?

And Vucinic? Yeah, I wont bother looking at his stats but how on earth can he be compared to Hazard?

Well sorry but I had the post quoted, left to do something and came back to it so I wasn't aware you deleted anything.

I can't see any reason why you would bring up the amount of assists if that wasn't your intention. If you really wanted to make your case you would referred to the total amount of chances both have created (Which I believe goes in Hazard's favour) and be done with it instead of bring up "assists" which have no proper means of measurement. I remember at least 2 or 3 of Hazard's assists being penalties for example. 

The only thing I was suggesting was the above, looking at assists and going "well he has more so he's clearly more creative" is silly. Bale doesn't have the same passing and vision as those guys, I think that's pretty obvious, but he still creates a lot of chances without being overly flashy so saying they are leagues apart is very wrong in my view. 

Because although he plays upfront his job is to create chances for others around him, hence his low goal scoring record. 

Well sorry but I had the post quoted, left to do something and came back to it so I wasn't aware you deleted anything.

I can't see any reason why you would bring up the amount of assists if that wasn't your intention. If you really wanted to make your case you would referred to the total amount of chances both have created (Which I believe goes in Hazard's favour) and be done with it instead of bring up "assists" which have no proper means of measurement. I remember at least 2 or 3 of Hazard's assists being penalties for example. 

The only thing I was suggesting was the above, looking at assists and going "well he has more so he's clearly more creative" is silly. Bale doesn't have the same passing and vision as those guys, I think that's pretty obvious, but he still creates a lot of chances without being overly flashy so saying they are leagues apart is very wrong in my view. 

Because although he plays upfront his job is to create chances for others around him, hence his low goal scoring record. 

so now, apparently, i have also said bale has a low scoring record.

why do you keep putting words in my mouth? cant you argue the points ive actually made instead of making sht up?

Edited by Lane